leaky clearos burning my throat, help! it's creating a longing for analogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilelee

Mar 5, 2013
nj
Hi,

I am wondering if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Sometimes, vaping is burning my throat. :confused:

I'm using either 9mg or 18mg liqua juice that is 70/30 pg/vg base. My batteries are mini egos 400mah and 450mah, and I'm using kanger T3 bottom coil clearos. I bought about 12 of these kanger t3 2.2ohm replaceable bottom coils and although they worked well at first, eventually they all started burning my throat. I thought that maybe my clearos were getting clogged so I soak them in cheap vodka and they usually work again although not for long. i think the clearos are getting clogged bc i'll find a tiny bit of juice on my battery and will clear it away only to find it back again in a short time.

this is very frustrating as its turning me off of ecigs and making me want analogs!

my thought is that the connection is off, perhaps from buying the replaceable coil bases from scvapors which has also sold me faulty ego batteries that die within a month:confused:. i just now purchased 3 different strength coil head bases from gotvapes, which i trust, so i'm hoping this will fix the issue.

:pop:thoughts?

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
First, a small bit of juice when you take the clearo off is normal for that set up. If it's more than a drop or two, you're pulling too hard when you vape.

Second if the clearo really is leaking, check to be sure the small o ring on the tip (the end that goes inside the clearo) is snugly up to the top of where it can go - if it isn't or, if it's worn or damaged, you need a new o ring there, a bad seal there can cause leaks.

As for the throat burn, that can be for several reasons. Too much PG for you, taking in too much vapor at once and, drawing to hard are common. Given the other problems, I'd guess drawing too hard. Also make sure you are not chain vaping too often and, that you are drinking enough water - being even a hair dehydrated can cause that burn for some, and PG does tend to dry mucous membranes badly (mouth, nose and throat.) Try taking a sip of water when your throat burns and, see if the next vape burns too.

For the clogging, sweeter and darker colored juices will clog much faster as will higher VG juices. VG is basically sugar and, we all know what happens when we cook sugar, which is what the atty does.

Madison76

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Columbia, SC
The T3's can seep or flood when the juice get's low in the tank. Try to not let your tank get too low. I also rinse my heads every other day or so to keep them clean.

I also wonder if you have enough battery power to heat the T3 enough? If it is a high res head, then I have found that I need to turn my voltage up to get a good vape without drawing too hard. You don't have vv, so I wonder if you are pushing enough volts?

Zipp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I had troubles with 70/30 juice in an evod, which is pretty similar. The fix for me was to pull out the flavor wicks (two little wicks just sitting on top of the one in the coil) and replace them with a piece of cotton or 3mm wick to plug the hole a little tighter. Thinner juice runs right through those things, and they need a little bit tighter fit to work properly with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread