Cost to convert VV GRAND to LP using 18650 Batts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Okay, it sounds like you want to do three things...

* Convert the VVG to a straight mech using 18650 batteries.

* Mill the catch cup to LP.

* Upgrade the 510 to the new adjustable ss ones.

If so, you should prolly PM Rob (redeyedancer) for a quote. He might price it differently than he would for doing the individual pieces.

ETA: Also, if considering the first point, why would you be thinking of doing that? Most folks only do that if the VV chip fails. If it's not working, it might be a faulty button.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
This has probably been covered before but I haven't been able to find it, please?

Oh, and with the new 510 fitting on it and whatever goes with it too?

Thank you.

We would only be able to offer you a guess. Best to send a PM to Robert! He really won't mind!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I think I paid a total of about $25, including shipping, to have my VV Grand planed down. I'll see if I can look up the exact amount....

Correction. $30.80 to have the VV Grand planed down, new 510 gasket installed and shipped back to me. December, 2014
I should add to that that I am still using my mod as a VV Grand, with two 18350 batteries. And that was the Gasket, not the 510 connector itself that was replaced. It was my understanding that to convert to a strait mech, you would need to use a 'spacer' to use 18650 batteries. Or a 'kick'. I basically just wanted to use more attachments on a VV Grand.

Last edited:

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Thanks y'all.

I will get a note off to Rob after I get my 3 grand kids back to their folks around Tues. or Weds. Love 'em dearly but I may age from 75 to 80 in the next 2 days or so.

Basically I want to have more lengthy batt. life using 18650(Mech.), settable heat(watts) level(a kick) and ,sure, use one of the newer larger diameter rba s(LP) and new adjustable 510.

That about covers it, I guess.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
All good information to know. Thanks.

You can call or write Mr. O'Neil with anything. The man is an angel. An angel I say. . .
JC_doubleup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread