Cotton Candy Flavoring as a Sweetener

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I just place an order with MBV and threw in a bottle of Cotton Candy flavoring to use as a sweetener. I had previously purchased a bottle of sweetener from them and although it does sweeten juices I think it has a flavor of it's own that I don't like.

I'm a little confused as to its use. If a 10 ml recipe calls for 3% sweetener do I just add .3ml of cotton candy straight from the flavor bottle? I have seen threads where some mix the cotton candy at 10% in a solution of 90% PG and then add it to their mix. What is the purpose of "cutting" it?

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
When it comes to any sort of sweetener, normally it only takes a few drops per 5ml and that's more than enough. You can ruin an otherwise good juice by going too heavy, whether it's Ethyl Maltol or Cotton Candy, which will result in that chemically taste shining through instead of the juice itself.

I don't much care for cotton candy flavoring as I've yet to find one I truly like, but I've only used TFA's two versions. Flavor West has some pretty good flavorings and that's who MBV uses for theirs, so you may find better luck with it if you're not too fond of EM or other additives.

Phoole

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Florida
Cotton Candy Flavoring IS 10% EM solution. (Typically) Which is usually just "EM" here.

Unless you are starting with actual solid Maltol there is no reason to dilute it into a solution.

Since I am going to start with a VG heavy solution, I could just mix 10 ML of EM with 90 ML of VG to make 100 ML's of "Cotton Candy" instead of ordering Cotton Candy flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread