Cotton free e cigarettes, exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Odd that I didn't see metal mesh (unless I missed it) being mentioned. Personally I wouldn't use it, but another example is the old cartomizers that used something very similar to aquarium filter (sponge-like) materials.

Technically, someone could build a non-contact wicking approach, where the wick would be very close to the coil surface without touching it and the cohesion factor would pull the liquid as it's vaporized, but it would have to be quite precise.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
The only good metal wicked tanks I know of are the Genesis style ones using stainless steel mesh. Here's a video of someone setting one up. I vaped one of these for most of a year back in 2013. The flavor is very clean and the wicks last a long time with proper maintenance. Most people don't mess with them these days because of the learning curve required to learn the technology and the occasional shorts that will happen in use.

I know of no other good non-cotton/Rayon/hemp systems out there.
Yep SS Mesh wicking has been around forever and still has a loyal following.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
510 atomizers
upload_2018-5-24_23-6-9.jpeg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yep SS Mesh wicking has been around forever and still has a loyal following.

I hear ya r055co, but there aren't many followers anymore. OTOH, this blast from the past is making me consider resurrecting one of my old Genesis tanks just for S & G'les :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread