Cotton vs Rayon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
This was hands down the best wicking material for flavor.
Sat22.jpg

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Cotton -VS- Rayon? For me wicking material is like fine wine, which is "best" depends on what it's paired with. For fruit or candy flavored juice Rayon would be my choice but for NETs and/or bakery flavors cotton is king. Hybrid NETs are my favorite vape so organic Japanese cotton is my choice. For my better half I make a Chocolate Raspberry Creme juice and wick her setup using Rayon.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
Someone always has to post the toxic process of Rayon manufacturing... :facepalm:

All of those chemicals are washed away in the final steps leaving nothing but pure cellulose fibers. On the other hand, Tencel/Lyocell manufacturing is more environmentally friendly, it is made with no toxic chemicals but costs more to produce.

You people are not scientists, I know a dude and a jar with rayon in it and his discovery. There is the science.

Carbon Dissulfide is a killer.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Don't mention Fauci and science in the same sentence unless you add the word fiction.
:rolleyes: Dumb MAGA post. Can't keep childish lame political BS off of the vaping side of ECF.

The mods have repeatedly warned against that on this side of ECF. You should heed their warnings.

It would be appropriate to post such BS in the proper place.

Take it to the Outside. Oh, but you've tried and miserably failed over there, funny. :lol: :lol:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
In the form of a question, CMD??? Are you dare questioning The Science?

Rumor has it that his mother questioned The Science once. "Once."

I debated "The Science": Is "The Science" Lord Fauci, noted bureaucrat or is "The Science" Alec Baldwin, noted non-violent climatologist?

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hear, HEAR! :thumbs:

Look at it this way, CMD - in Vapeworld, we CAN have Variable Voltage without wattage, but we CANNOT have Variable Wattage without voltage (aka, "Of chickens & eggs").

:D :angel:

B'sides - volts taste better. :lol:

FWIW, No load means no heat. Variable voltage translates to variable wattage. Both are referenced to a given load. Just clarifying for users who aren't versed in Ohm's Law.

ohms law examples - Search

• Agree
Reactions: DavidOck

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
No load means no heat. Variable voltage translates to variable wattage.

ohms law examples - Search

Precisely. Wattage is a product of voltage & resistance. Would you say that the reverse holds true too?

And you DO realize I was kind of joking around, yes? Of chickens & eggs (so to speak).

Reactions: CMD-Ky

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I thought Sally's and Grahams were actually the rayon but the reason they don't use the word "Rayon" is because "Rayon" is a trademarked term so to use it they would have to get permission and possibly pay money to do so.

True. Cellucotton is the most used term for Rayon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread