Mpls/St.Paul, MN

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
For a while, I was seriously in the rayon camp -- it seemed better to me, since I was having a lot of difficulties getting that magical "just right amount" using organic cotton.

I've since slightly altered my views. I found that while rayon is great when it's first wicked, after a while you have to do *some* kind of fiddling to it; rinse it out, push some more in, etc. Now I tend to use my organic cotton a lot more. Maybe it's just that with time and experience, I've gotten better at wicking, I don't know. I do know that a dry hit from rayon tastes even worse than a dry hit from cotton -- hard to imagine, and maybe harder to achieve than a dry hit from cotton, but it's a very nasty chemical taste; cotton just tastes like burned cotton.

There's room in the market for both, depending on each person's tastes, experience, and tolerance for fiddling. I'm just finding organic cotton less fiddle-some, lately. I should try some of that japanese cotton I suppose, but it's so costly, I haven't found room in the vape budget for it yet.

Andria

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I do too; I'm guessing that my nano tank still wouldn't work worth a flip with cotton. The only way I ever got a decent vape out of that thing was with rayon.

Andria

You re-wicked a nano tank? That's impressive. I didn't have one for very long (a friend really liked it), but from what I recall it seems like it would be difficult to take apart and put back together again without it leaking.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You re-wicked a nano tank? That's impressive. I didn't have one for very long (a friend really liked it), but from what I recall it seems like it would be difficult to take apart and put back together again without it leaking.

A Kayfun nano? It's pretty much like building/wicking for a regular kayfun, but the chamber is so small, it concentrates the heat and causes a lot of dry hits, using cotton. Or it might just be that my own nano kit is 2nd-rate, it wasn't very costly. It's good for situations where you want something smaller than a full-sized KF or KFL+ but until I discovered rayon, I really couldn't use it.

Andria

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
I got my first kayfun lite a few days ago and some japanese cotton pads at the same time (as very one was ranting about it) I also got some rayon but I hadn't even taken it out of the bag until today, I have to say I actually preferred the rayon, found it easier to get the right amount and it just gave me a better taste (mostly because the wick was done better I'd guess) I had no flooding, no dry hits and I think I'll be sticking with it from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread