Coughing, Choking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenGIEF86

Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
Holy crap on a cracker, I just tried the "holding it my mouth and blowing out my nose " routine. It feels like I just burned out my sinuses with a blowtorch. Flavor was better, but damn, that was painfull. And my eyes are watering. Just take smaller hits, and in time you'll get used to it. A week tops.

try holding it in your mouth then inhale through your lungs, then blowing it out your nose :)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Holy crap on a cracker, I just tried the "holding it my mouth and blowing out my nose " routine. It feels like I just burned out my sinuses with a blowtorch. Flavor was better, but damn, that was painfull. And my eyes are watering. Just take smaller hits, and in time you'll get used to it. A week tops.

Yeah, nasal exhale, you probably have to lower the nic level. You pick more up in the nasal passages it seems and with higher nic vapor, it can be... interesting. With a higher nic juice, back near the beginning, I got this "tingly" thing going in my nasal passages that was kinda weirdly pleasant at first. Then it got mean. :)

Lowered my nic level and no problem.

But folks are different and what works, works. But if somebody's having a lot of coughing, they may be like me. I can't do lung inhales. Vapor is water vapor and my lungs think I'm trying to drown myself or something. They get quite riled.

Levitys

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 23, 2013
Grandville, MI
www.veganvape.com
It's odd. My sister had this same problem. She smoked Newports and was fine but when she'd vape, even a little bit, she would cough and choke. I thought it was hilarious at first, being my sister and all, but it stopped being funny quickly. She couldn't take a vape without coughing. So what did we do?

I told her to stop smoking and only use the PV when she NEEDED it for the nicotine. After about 2 days she was sucking the life out of my ego. She just got used to it and it went away. I'm now thinking about moving her up to something else because she keeps stealing my damn Genesis lol!

This may or may not work for you. Either way I wanted to let you know your not alone.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
nose exhale, just watch out for the runny nose..

I keep forgetting this! Have lots of allergies, not a few of them seasonal (down here in the tropics, everyday is the season...) and my nose gets stuffed up all the time. Exhaling my menthol juice thru the nose opens the nasal passages beautifully. No need for antihistamines and I get my vape. win/win :)

(Now if I could just find a juice to get rid of the sinus headaches...)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I keep forgetting this! Have lots of allergies, not a few of them seasonal (down here in the tropics, everyday is the season...) and my nose gets stuffed up all the time. Exhaling my menthol juice thru the nose opens the nasal passages beautifully. No need for antihistamines and I get my vape. win/win :)

(Now if I could just find a juice to get rid of the sinus headaches...)

If you ever do figure out that last part, please share. Allergies are universal in my family. Mine aren't seasonal anymore. Those seem to have gone away (for now), mine is mold. Which can happen any time and go on for as long as it <string of expletives here> feels like. My current "drip" going on started, I think, in 1982.

Funny thing. When the pollen is going to beat the band, the first vape exhale of the morning triggers a sneezing fit. It "tickles". No idea what that's about. And not like sneezing my brains out in pollen heavy mornings is anything unusual for me.

...down here in the tropics, everyday is the season...

I thought Sirius C was tropical? Or am I thinking Vega IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread