Coughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoking Guns

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Colorado Springs
So I got my first e-cigs and supplies from V4L a couple days ago and I've got an issue I need to try and figure out.

For some reasons the carts with nicotine -either 8 or 11mgs- make me cough. I can't really get any vapor into my lungs without coughing like crazy. The weird thing is the 0mg stuff doesn't do that at all... I can suck in deep clouds of the stuff without choking (love it!).

I would have thought this might be a symptom of PG vs VG, but since these are all PG, and the only difference is nic vs no-nic, I have to say I'm very confused. How come I could inhale analogs all day long without coughing, if its just a nic thing?

Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated!

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
If you've never used a pv before, there is a difference between smoking and vaping. You can't drag on an ecig quite the same way you do an analog.

Try taking softer drags. Also, keep them short until your throat adjusts to vapor instead of smoke. As time goes by, you can increase your drag without coughing.

Are you drawing into your mouth before inhaling? Drawing straight into the lungs is much more likely to make you cough.

Bob

Smoking Guns

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Colorado Springs
If you've never used a pv before, there is a difference between smoking and vaping. You can't drag on an ecig quite the same way you do an analog.

Try taking softer drags. Also, keep them short until your throat adjusts to vapor instead of smoke. As time goes by, you can increase your drag without coughing.

Are you drawing into your mouth before inhaling? Drawing straight into the lungs is much more likely to make you cough.

Bob

Bob, I do draw into my mouth before inhaling. The only way I can inhale is to take basically no vapor into my lungs, so when I exhale no vapor comes out... but it feels like I'm not getting anything at all.

Try refilling your cartomizers with juice that you have. I got some cart's that made me cough as well, but after using them and refilling them with vapor4life juice they didn't make me cough at all.

I did fill some empty carts with Johnson Creek juice (low PG, I think) and I have the same problem. Maybe I should try some VG juice?

Like pawpaw said, slow, light, long draws do the trick! ;)

There is definately a learning curve so hang in there. Knowing whether you got auto or manual will help us help you.

Long draws are what gets me coughing, JenJen. If I get basically no vapor I can get a long slow inhale, but it seems like I'm not getting anything. 0mg is a real pleasure though.

I'll keep trying, slow, light, and long... ;)

Thanks for the input, everyone!

One of the problem that I encounter was a slight sensitivity to Propylene Glycol. For me it wasn't coughing, but tightness in the lungs. My first e-cig is the SS Choice No 7. I didn't have the problem with the carts, but when I started refilling, I cut the juice with a PG/water solution. The SS choice liquid is pure VG with no PG. When I stopped cutting the liquid, the problem went away.

I am not sure what the V4L cartomizers use, maybe the 0mg models have VG and the nic model use straight PG. VG is more viscous than PG. VG also produces a thicker and more lingering vapor that PG. (I tested this when I bought a bottle of VG) Maybe the nicotine content is replaced with a glycerin or glycerol cut.

One thing that I would like to see is manufacturers of e-juice label their ingredients. Some do, some don't. SS Choice e-juice has the ingredients on the label. (I love the SS choice vanilla and coffee, best flavors I have found) Like I said before, the SS choice is Water, Glycerin, Flavor, and Nicotine. Johnson Creek also labels their ingredients. Their juice does have PG, but they have a reduced PG formula. I just got a sampler pack from them. Pretty decent stuff.

Just some food for thought.

Thanks for the input, JadeNinja. I am filling some empty carts with 0mg Johnson Creek right now, so I'll see how that goes. In the meanwhile I'm going to buy some VG juice. Sounds perfect. I'll try some low nic and zero nic stuff.

Dumb question: who is SS Choice??

Thanks!

SS Choice is my first e-Cig. I believe they are a Gamucci knock off. It's a pretty good e-Cig. It's a mini class, unlike the 901's and other like models, it had an atty where the arch is sticking out and not sunk in, like a 103. I have to make this post to get to 15 before I can post the link to the site.

The liquid is a little more expensive than some other brands out there, but it is really really good. Nice smooth flavor, no after taste, great vapor and moderate throat hit. I tastes soooo good. By far may fave so far. It's $30 for a 30mL bottle, but well worth it. One thing though, it only comes in 16mg strength. No zero yet, but keep watching the site.

I'll post it in a sec.:cool:

Here is the link to the site: E-Cigarette E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarette E Liquid

Sorry, I know this is a Vapor4Life thread, but this liquid is the SHIZNOT!!:evil:

These guys have great customer service too. I had a bad charger. I called the 800 number, talked to a real person, and they shipped my new stuff to me before they recieved my broken stuff. Since then, no problems with the e-cig. The SS Choice No 7 attys are pretty good too, so far. With regular cleanings, they vape like new!

The liquid is awesome though, they are currently out of vanilla, but I have some coffee on the way. The coffee flavor I had order in some carts from them. It's the same as the e liquid. Best coffee flavor I have found. The vanilla is exquist. Really awesome flavor. Good luck with the VG and let us know how it works!! :D

mephisto69

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Wisconsin
SS Choice is my first e-Cig. I believe they are a Gamucci knock off. It's a pretty good e-Cig. It's a mini class, unlike the 901's and other like models, it had an atty where the arch is sticking out and not sunk in, like a 103. I have to make this post to get to 15 before I can post the link to the site.

My first e-cig was an SS Choice disposable model. The flavor (to me) was very close to the Mint cartos from V4L, although I did notice a (slight) aftertaste with the SS. The Mint is simply awesome (me being a menthol smoker for the past 10 years.) The SS carts lasted okay, though I find the V4L ones last much longer. Vapor was very satisfactory. That being said, I am SO glad I went with the VK... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread