Could I have your recommendations please? Best battery for an SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
Good afternoon,

I recently purchased my first "nice" mod - an SVD from fasttech. I also ordered some batteries before I fully did my research. They work, but they are XX-fire batteries. After browsing and searching I now see that these batteries are quite lower-end. I would like to get the highest quality batteries and charger possible. I read that rtdvapor had the batteries I need, but I'm a little bit confused about some of the nomenclature. Could someone help me pick my battery from Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor or if you have another reputable seller (preferably within the U.S.), please provide it? If I understand correctly, this Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Button Top is the battery I need. I know that the battery isn't supposed to be protected, and the higher the mAh the longer the average life of the battery. I've seen Panasonic get high marks on this forum, also AW (?). I could be wrong in my understanding though.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've got an SVD, and one of the great things about it is that it will fit any good battery!
You can use 18350, 18490, 18500, and 18650 sizes - if you want a shorter SVD (with shorter vape time)...
For the 18650's here are a couple:
The highest quality, most recommended battery: AW IMR 18650 from RTD
Also good, I've got these, too: Panasonic IMR "Hybrid" CGR18650CH

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
Good afternoon,

I recently purchased my first "nice" mod - an SVD from Fasttech. I also ordered some batteries before I fully did my research. They work, but they are XX-fire batteries. After browsing and searching I now see that these batteries are quite lower-end. I would like to get the highest quality batteries and charger possible. I read that rtdvapor had the batteries I need, but I'm a little bit confused about some of the nomenclature. Could someone help me pick my battery from Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor or if you have another reputable seller (preferably within the U.S.), please provide it? If I understand correctly, this Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Button Top is the battery I need. I know that the battery isn't supposed to be protected, and the higher the mAh the longer the average life of the battery. I've seen Panasonic get high marks on this forum, also AW (?). I could be wrong in my understanding though.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

This is the battery that you need 2900mAh, cgr18650ch is lower in capacity.

Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Button Top

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
I used the ---fire's in my SVD when I first got it. Those battery's came with it along with a i4 charger as a package deal. They worked fine for me, but I now use the Panasonic's listed above and the last WAY longer on charge than the ---fire's. Like they last 2 to 3 hours longer. A major difference to me, but yours will work until you get a "higher" quality batt.

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
The -- fire's I got last about 3 to 4 hours. Worthless. I am waiting on my new batteries in vapemail now. I sure hope they last longer. I've been seriously disappointed with having to constantly replace batteries. My spinners and twists last way over a day, but my SVD has to have its batteries changed 4 times a day.

I am using Panasonic NCR18650PF's. They are the latest hybrid model. When I first got them, I got about six hours of use. (I'm a fairly heavy vaper). With each charge cycle, the time increased, now I'm getting almost TWO DAYS. Love my Panasonics. Life is too short for cheap batteries. I use them in my SVD and my Vamo v5. BTW, I am using an Inttelicharger i2 which is awesome.

Last edited:

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
I just wanted to update in case anyone finds this thread with the same question. The above reply was correct. This battery lasts me two full days before it even hits yellow on my SVD. Thanks again, Strontium.

Happy to share what I know.

Keep an eye on Orbtronic. There is always something new.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Excuse the confused... lol... I am pulling links up but im confused. I have the smoktech SID and want good batteries. I have one of these Panasonic NCR 18650b 3400mah Battery

But cant find em anywhere else? Is there something better you might suggest? Thanks in advance!

Update: found em. Hoosierecig.com has em and Surevapes.com has em :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread