could someone please give me a hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machoman91

Jun 30, 2011
california
Hello all I'm new to this forum and to the e cig scene. I quit smoking about a month ago and started on the square smoke e cigs they did not last long so I decided to invest in a No. 7 micro starter set. After a week I got it in the mail toda and im having a problem. When I charge it for the recomended two hours the charger turns green not blue like the instructions say and when I take a puff it only lasts for about 8 seconds and than the led at the end flashes 3 times and it stops. The battery still works Im just wondering why I can't take a full hit. does anyone have this kit? Could I please get some help thanks!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi machoman ! Sorry you are having trouble....I am not familiar with what you have...but lets see....

Was the charger light another color first and then changed to green ? I would say it's ok.

You are trying to take a drag longer than 8 seconds ? It probably has a protective cut off ...

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Sounds like your battery just times out. I'm assuming these are auto batteries (no button to push)?

The light going green instead of blue is probably not a problem...a different revision charger with older instructions maybe? What color was it before it turned green?

Not sure there is anything you can do for longer draws other than maybe pause puff and trip the switch a second time. Experiment with breaking your draw into two parts...a break in the middle to let the switch reset and the timer start over. At first this practice might be annoying, but shouldn't be too hard to get used to.

If you decide to get another kit in the future...consider it a lesson learned. Ask when/if the battery times out (draw time). Very common for auto batteries. Less common for manual ones (but many still time out eventually, so it doesn't hurt to ask before buying).

Last edited:

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I'm not familiar with your equipment or EXACTLY what the problem is. But I'll try. It's letting you draw for 8 seconds before blinking? And then it lets you draw again? That would be automatic shutoff to prevent overheating from accidental activation of the battery (In a pocket, etc). If it doesn't let you draw again and is out of power, then you have a charger problem and should contact your vendor (not a bad idea anyway).
If it's the first scenario and it bugs you, then you need a different pv.

machoman91

Jun 30, 2011
california
It starts out red than goes to green and the drag is about 8 seconds maybe less and it goes out but i'm able to take another drag. I did not know about the protection stuff. There is no button you just inhale and it goes. I was used to holding the button down on the square smoke and taking as long of a fdrag as I wanted. Thanks for all of your answers

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Never seen this before, and don't know what threading it has.... If it works for you, great! But if the cutoff is a problem, or if you are just not getting what you need from it, then send it back for a refund if you can. There are more powerful and better supported options available for the same price.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
It starts out red than goes to green and the drag is about 8 seconds maybe less and it goes out but i'm able to take another drag. I did not know about the protection stuff. There is no button you just inhale and it goes. I was used to holding the button down on the square smoke and taking as long of a fdrag as I wanted. Thanks for all of your answers

You're all good on the charger. Yours just has a green LED to indicate it is charged instead of a blue one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread