Could this be an issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbertyboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
uk
Hi Imeo i was wondering if this was a design change or a mistake but the top tube on my 2012 ggts is different than my earlier models.

IMG_20120814_223026.jpg

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Its a 0,5mm machine mistake that doesnt affect anything on the GGTS bub.

I was thinking the last 3 months to make the sleeve about 5mm shorter so telescope will look smaller with a 18650 battery but I never did it.

So this 0,5mm is nothing in front of what I was thinking. And as said before it doesnt affect anything on GGTS.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Those tubes you mention are all replaced kei. This tube is a new one at 0,5mm shorter
There was a run of the top tubes that did not accept the UFS right. Those were recalled and replaced (I believe).
This may be one of them.

Or the older one could be a NON GG top tube.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Those tubes you mention are all replaced kei. This tube is a new one at 0,5mm shorter

Oh that explains a lot. I have one of those on SS GGTS 1817. I couldn't figure out why there was no way to get the UFS on it and so I'm using it on one of the new GGTS's that I just got from CoV.

The tube that won't take the UFS is on the right. I've tried everything that won't damage it to get it to work. It threads in a bit and then dead stop. UFS works fine on both new GGTS's and the extra tube I have as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 28

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
1817, it started as a stealth but was upgraded fully at some point by previous owner.

Both 3388 and 3369 + extra top tube I just got from CoV will take the UFS no problem. 1817 will not do it no matter what. Threads in about half way and it's done.

Edit here is a picture. This is how far the thread will go and then dead stop. No amount of vaseline or noalax will get this thread to move even another mm. There is no thread damage or anything like that. It's really odd. That top tube works with everything else just not the UFS.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Honestly Imeo,

I can't ask you or Bruce to be responsible for someone else. If I was the original owner and I knew this tube came from you or CoV and it had a problem I would ask for an exchange. It looks like all the other tubes except up close the threads are slightly different.

I have to order a few more things from Bruce once he takes the air control rings off "notify me" on his site. I'm happy to just spend the 16 dollars and buy a new tube. No big deal.

Thanks,

Bart

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thats a great responce Ez. Thank you very much for this. The bad thing is that there are so many copies around and so many people are making parts for GGTS that I dont know if a part is original. So maybe I have to change my waranty a little. I have to cover only people that have a first hand GG
Honestly Imeo,

I can't ask you or Bruce to be responsible for someone else. If I was the original owner and I knew this tube came from you or CoV and it had a problem I would ask for an exchange. It looks like all the other tubes except up close the threads are slightly different.

I have to order a few more things from Bruce once he takes the air control rings off "notify me" on his site. I'm happy to just spend the 16 dollars and buy a new tube. No big deal.

Thanks,

Bart

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
aNY time kei.
I didnt say anything about tubes because I didnt find a reason for this. I didnt want to open a discussion for a 0,5mm shorter tube, something that you cant even see and doesnt affect at all the working of GGTS
All good info...Thanks for the update Imeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread