Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
VapeCarry.png

For all you crafty vapers out there, come join the thread! Have you made something vape related or do you enjoy arts & crafts, this is your place :) I'll start by showing something I made to carry my phone and vape around in, I use it everyday! So handy :)

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Nice work! The only craft I ever did was counted cross stitch pieces, I used to do huge works in cross stitch, but haven't done anything like that in years. The only thing I do now is baking as I can, I do various baked gift baskets for everyone on birthdays and holidays etc. But baking is not considered a craft so I cannot much join in, but I will browse and give likes as I can! :)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Nice work! The only craft I ever did was counted cross stitch pieces, I used to do huge works in cross stitch, but haven't done anything like that in years. The only thing I do now is baking as I can, I do various baked gift baskets for everyone on birthdays and holidays etc. But baking is not considered a craft so I cannot much join in, but I will browse and give likes as I can! :)
Baking? I think that qualifies. Anything creative done at home.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Baking? I think that qualifies. Anything creative done at home.
I agree. I would be willing to bet the recipients of your homemade gift baskets love 'em.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Oh food baskets sound yummy!!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I agree. I would be willing to bet the recipients of your homemade gift baskets love 'em.

Yes, it's gotten to the point over the years it's what everyone not only expect, it's what they want. I have one of my kids who lives in Texas, and one lives a lot closer.. well around Christmas the shipping time to get to Texas I thought was too long for the baskets I had made, and so made a different one of things he specifically said he would like that I thought would ship better (I wasn't paying for overnight shipping for him.. lol) and the other child found out I was making something different, and so had to make another and quite identical basket for the close one too.. lol..

They are so silly sometimes I swear.. but mom, your making HIM cheesecake fudge! I want cheesecake fudge! Haha haha..

Then I get special orders for Christmas.. which is weird since it's supposed to be gifts.. but I get request like, can you make me a full size filled Rocky Road cake instead of two smaller ones?

But I have tons of fun with it.. I love to bake!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Yes, it's gotten to the point over the years it's what everyone not only expect, it's what they want. I have one of my kids who lives in Texas, and one lives a lot closer.. well around Christmas the shipping time to get to Texas I thought was too long for the baskets I had made, and so made a different one of things he specifically said he would like that I thought would ship better (I wasn't paying for overnight shipping for him.. lol) and the other child found out I was making something different, and so had to make another and quite identical basket for the close one too.. lol..

They are so silly sometimes I swear.. but mom, your making HIM cheesecake fudge! I want cheesecake fudge! Haha haha..

Then I get special orders for Christmas.. which is weird since it's supposed to be gifts.. but I get request like, can you make me a full size filled Rocky Road cake instead of two smaller ones?

But I have tons of fun with it.. I love to bake!
Oh it sounds delicious! I used to bake quite a bit but don't do much anymore because I just eat it! LOL I had to quit making bread because hubby and I were devouring the loafs and getting fat :) ha ha But I sure miss that fresh baked bread!

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
Wow, some cool stuff! I used to do counted cross-stitch, but my eyesight isn't so great anymore. I have a ton of patterns. Maybe I need to get one of those lighted magnifiers and take it up again. I do a bunch of miscellaneous crafts. This year I am growing birdhouse gourds. They aren't done growing yet, and then they need a long time to dry. So perhaps I'll have something to post by Spring?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Oh it sounds delicious! I used to bake quite a bit but don't do much anymore because I just eat it! LOL I had to quit making bread because hubby and I were devouring the loafs and getting fat :) ha ha But I sure miss that fresh baked bread!

I still make all our bread homemade, hubby thinks I'm cheating him somehow if I buy store bought bread.. hamburger buns, hotdog buns, loaf bread and side bread is homemade all the time.. I have a stand mixer, so it helps physically as I don't have to knead by hand, but yeah, I just have to be careful how much I eat, hubby can't manage to gain weight (the evil man he is) so it doesn't matter for him. Lol.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Wow, some cool stuff! I used to do counted cross-stitch, but my eyesight isn't so great anymore. I have a ton of patterns. Maybe I need to get one of those lighted magnifiers and take it up again. I do a bunch of miscellaneous crafts. This year I am growing birdhouse gourds. They aren't done growing yet, and then they need a long time to dry. So perhaps I'll have something to post by Spring?

Oh that sounds cool! I can't wait to see them!

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
View attachment 584947
For all you crafty vapers out there, come join the thread! Have you made something vape related or do you enjoy arts & crafts, this is your place :) I'll start by showing something I made to carry my phone and vape around in, I use it everyday! So handy :)
Very nice!!
Love your crochet and spinning work too!!

Thanks for starting this!! We'll soon need an emotional escape from the deeming crap I fear.

My only camera is my web-cam. We can borrow the old folks' hangout later, and someone can take screenshots of my work. Will be happy to share.
Can't wait to see!! :)

It counts!!! Anything creative!!

Honestly, even if all you do is macaroni art with the grandkids, show it. :D.
Or, even if you don't, or don't have time, to do any sort of art or craft, please join in the chat.
You might find something that inspires you to get back to an old hobby, or spark a new one.
I'm think we know the enablers are all here. :lol:

I, just this past year, pulled out my counted cross stitching, hadn't done a solitary stitch in probably 20 years. I had a throw that had about two or three of the squares done, and I started it about 30 years ago.
I've had terrible "unfinished project" guilt over it for so long, and I decided it was time to pull it back out. It no longer matches the colors in our home...it's predominantly mauve of course :laugh:, but it held up extremely well, and I managed to get quite a lot accomplished past fall and winter.
I think any pics I have are too big for the forum, so this week or weekend, I'll try to get some new pics taken.
I've also got pics somewhere of a granny blanket I made for an adult nephew...he'd complained that neither his mother (my sister) or aunt ever made him one...so I did. :)

I'm a self taught lefty when it comes to crochet. I wanted to learn as a child, but everyone was right handed...I was (am) stubborn, so I eventually figured it out.
I just mainly do simple things. I like to just be able to sit and "go", so easy stitches that I can do from memory are best for me, at least at this point in my life.

Oh, and I just remembered, I have another finished/not framed counted cross stitch I did last fall/winter as well. So I'll have a few things for show and tell...just not today. :lol:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I still make all our bread homemade, hubby thinks I'm cheating him somehow if I buy store bought bread.. hamburger buns, hotdog buns, loaf bread and side bread is homemade all the time.. I have a stand mixer, so it helps physically as I don't have to knead by hand, but yeah, I just have to be careful how much I eat, hubby can't manage to gain weight (the evil man he is) so it doesn't matter for him. Lol.
I use a breadmaker to mix and rise. Since I don't have A/C, I have NuWave oven that I use to bake it outside. Really don't like store bread at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread