Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I first posted this in the Shinyitis thread yesterday and was advised to create a thread here to let more people know about this rubbish clone. Do not buy this item.

Ok so I got this no name SQ Arise clone today from FT SKU: 9734504

$21.21 SQ Arise Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Free Shipping

First I want to make it clear that these comments relate to this no name clone. Not the authentic or other clones like the FSTK.

My first impression was that it looked ok but then I had a closer look before disassembling and cleaning. Plenty of rough edges and even loose SS shavings.

One spare parts bag contained the af inserts and chimney reducer, the other O rings.
You can see the crap quality of the af inserts below.

arise-clone-af-inserts-jpg.921847

The chimney reducer had some type of glue or melted plastic that completely blocks it.

arise-clone-chimney-reducer-jpg.921849

I want to thank @ShowMeTwice for his detailed description and photos of the parts and functions of the authentic Squape version. I referred back to this before I built - lucky I did.
My clone had an O ring missing on the top/outside of the deck. Would have been easy to miss this. Luckily the spare parts bagggie had one that fit.

The main and most disturbing issue with this clone is the 510 pin.
When it is fully screwed in the pin doesn't protrude properly - so no good positive contact:

arise-clone-510-jpg.921851

I had multiple SHORT and CHECK ATOMIZER error messages before I dug around and found a second O ring to push the 510 out just enough. Still this is just a dodgy, temporary fix.
I don't expect it to last or work on different mods. An unforgivable and dangerous flaw.

Also the coil I wound for this (6 wrap 2.5mm ID 2*28/36 Ni80 fused clapton) reads 0.8 Ohms on this atty. The same build always reads between 0.5 and 0.6 Ohms in other decks so there's an added resistance here. In the 510 pin or deck - bad components.

Fasttech shouldn't sell crap like this in 2020

arise-clone-sunken-510-jpg.921857

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS RTA ON A MECH MOD.

In fact don't buy it at all. Buy the original or the YFTK clone or whatever - just not the one I linked above.

And just as I was typing this my temporary 510 fix failed.

P.S And as predicted the temporary 510 fix continued to fail and no matter what I try this atomizer no longer works.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Fasttech where is your Quality Control?

Don't you, at the very minimum, inspect products prior to listing them for sale? It does not look like you do.

Just Curious...

But How Many Retailers do You think Do That?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Just Curious...

But How Many Retailers do You think Do That?
Z, honestly I wouldn't have a clue.

My guesstimate FWIW, likely none of the Big Chinese retailers when it comes to clone RBA's.

I do believe they ought to. A very simple inspection lasting a minute or two would have revealed these to be pure junk. Rejects. Send the whole lot back to the manufacturer as "Rejected: Very Poor Quality".

If someone less experienced tried to use the flawed design of the SQuape Arise clone mentioned in the OP on a mech it likely wouldn't turn out so good and we would have another "Big Story" giving additional ammo to the anti-vaping crowd. Which I'm pretty sure would then get back to the people making decisions on Deeming.

FT needs to be called out and to be held accountable for selling junk. It's for our own good as a global vaping community.

That's more than what you asked for, I know. :D

ETA: In turn FT needs to hold the manufacturers accountable.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

My guesstimate FWIW, likely none of the Big Chinese retailers when it comes to clone RBA's.

The Inconvenient Truth is No Retailer is opening any Retail Packaging and doing QQA Inspections. That is, maybe, until there are Multiple Complaints for a given Line Item.

Not Defending FT. Because they are Doing what Every Retailer is Doing. Just Say'n that the Concept of a Retailer Physically Checking everything they Sell isn't Realistic.

BTW - Maybe going with the YFTK Clone would have better call. At least as Clones go, YFTK has a Decent Rep.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
BTW - Maybe going with the YFTK Clone would have better call. At least as Clones go, YFTK has a Decent Rep.
Yeah I always choose SXK, YFTK or Ulton clones if they're available. Never had major issues with any of those 3 but in this case the YFTK version was still "ships in 7 days" and I was impatient. Lesson learnt.
As for QC, you're right of course that opening and checking every retail item is unrealistic but a test of any in this batch would have found the 510 pin to be too short and not insulated

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
It is however to listen to their consumer base and post a warning if a product is unsafe.
Agreed.

And return the lot of said product(s) to the manufacturer as defective and not acceptable.

And informing said manufacturer "if you want to sell your product(s) through us you need to make a better widget".

Simple

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah I always choose SXK, YFTK or Ulton clones if they're available. Never had major issues with any of those 3 but in this case the YFTK version was still "ships in 7 days" and I was impatient. Lesson learnt.
As for QC, you're right of course that opening and checking every retail item is unrealistic but a test of any in this batch would have found the 510 pin to be too short and not insulated
Paying the workforce required to inspect even one of every product they carry would triple their prices.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Yeah I always choose SXK, YFTK or Ulton clones if they're available. Never had major issues with any of those 3...
My experience is mainly with SXK and YFTK. Both of those outfits make good quality clones. If anything, it's even improved over the last year.

I know some guys who have gotten some decent no name clones, but I aso try to stick to those two when considering clones. I have no Ulton clones, but have heard good things. Kindbright used to be another pretty decent outfit from what I hear, but haven't seen anything from them in a long time.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I have had Great Luck with SXK and YFTK. In fact, all my Daily RDA's are SXK NarDa's.

I Tend to stay away from the No-Name Clones. Because there is No Guarantee that the No-Name I buy Today will be the Same No-Name that people have left Reviews for.

But I have. And I have been Burned. But I just Chock it Up to the Money I have have Saved over the Years.

But a Safety Issue, like when used on a Mech, is a Different Animal. And I Liked that I saw you Posted a Safety Related Comment for that Item.

:thumb:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Paying the workforce required to inspect even one of every product they carry would triple their prices.
:facepalm: Clone RBA's upon receipt from the manufacturer could easily be inspected as part of the process and before they are placed in inventory.

Not each and every single one of the same type from a single shipment, no. Grab one or two, look/see... yes. If good, sell. If not, return.

They would catch the poor manufacturer(s). That mfr would then have to up their game.

I have my doubts that it would triple their prices. :D

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I could be wrong but I don't think companies like FT would take on a new product from a manufacturer sight unseen. They must surely inspect a sample/batch. My guess is that they have a process but in this case it failed

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I could be wrong but I don't think companies like FT would take on a new product from a manufacturer sight unseen. They must surely inspect a sample/batch. My guess is that they have a process but in this case it failed

But you know how it works on the Mean Streets of the Clone Market.

They Send FT a Perfect 1:1 Clone with Flawless Machining/Fit n' Finish for evaluation. And the Deal is struck. And usually the 1st Delivery is Top Notch. But then on subsequent Deliveries, the Quality starts to Fall Off.

And that is usually when the Bad Reviews start to Roll In.

People like SXK of YFTK are in it for the Long Haul. And have a Name to defend. So they produce Consistent Quality. But there is a Small Army of No-Name Clone Shops looking for a Quick Buck. And have No Qualms of pulling a Fast one on Fasttech.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Having worked in retail for years I seriously doubt they inspect any product until an issue is brought to their attention. They have millions of products and as stated the additional employees would be costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread