Status
Not open for further replies.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
well i was expecting to hear back from ziggy yesterday about shipping but have yet to hear from him. I think this thread scared him off.. we'll see what happens. I really wanna know if my clouds can be improved.. im already doing this(see video) with silica and 3x twisted 30ga kanthal.

Well, if you need more vapor than that, you are in it as a sport. In that case you may wish to chase every edge you can find.

Most of us would be more than satisfied with that vapor.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
well i was expecting to hear back from ziggy yesterday about shipping but have yet to hear from him. I think this thread scared him off.. we'll see what happens. I really wanna know if my clouds can be improved.. im already doing this(see video) with silica and 3x twisted 30ga kanthal.
Then just get some 28g kanthal ribbon if that's really not good enough, it's the same exact thing as "bakero" wire. Same thing and it's all over the place these days.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Then just get some 28g kanthal ribbon if that's really not good enough, it's the same exact thing as "bakero" wire. Same thing and it's all over the place these days.

that's right! Ebay sales .5 and .4 flat ribbon kanthal wire....you can call it what you wish....lol

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk 2

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
I've got a friend who is a jeweler, and he has a roller mill. I've been seriously considering asking him to mill some 24ga Kanthal so that is has some sort of texture like a ripple or bumps or some other sort of jewelry-wire-type surface. I imagine he's let me do it in his shop for free, if I wasn't going to get in his way.

I'm thinking that maybe this "Bakero wire" is something like that--flat Kanthal that has been run through a jewelry mill with texture plates to give it a texture and therefore more surface area--which would theoretically produce more vapor. That's really the key to vapor production--high temperature + good wicking + maximum surface area of the coil wire...

i too make jewelry and if you did this, the wire would be work hardened and become extremely springy/somewhat difficult to wrap, the only way to possibly get rid of it would be heating it to a high temperature and quenching it in water to anneal it bringing it back to a softer state.

inuj26

Jul 4, 2012
Philippines
Ok have tested my build using a mech mod (single coil, 2 folds 2mm, 5 loops, .9ohms), vapor very good but not as good as the vids. Maybe I need to build a dual coil to achieve it or I'm doing something wrong.

Since I prefer using a variable, this low ohm build is really not for me. I like 2.2-2.5ohm builds better and that would be very hard to get with this wire.

Hope you guys have better luck with this.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Ok have tested my build using a mech mod (single coil, 2 folds 2mm, 5 loops, .9ohms), vapor very good but not as good as the vids. Maybe I need to build a dual coil to achieve it or I'm doing something wrong.

Since I prefer using a variable, this low ohm build is really not for me. I like 2.2-2.5ohm builds better and that would be very hard to get with this wire.

Hope you guys have better luck with this.

Single coil, 2mm wick? 5 loops gets you .9ohms? That seems around the resistance of 30g round wire. Have you tested for resistance per cm or inch?

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
i think so as well, so many things lost in translation from broken english ha. Although vaquero sounds very latin/hispanic. gonna be many moons before we get any with all the hoarders runnin 'round I'm still wishing for ceramic wick and flat wire to play with:unsure:

Windoze.. If you are interested in flat wire I can give you a source.. I have some en-route from Germany now that is pretty reliable. PM me just to not litter up this thread :)

mikepointfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Windoze.. If you are interested in flat wire I can give you a source.. I have some en-route from Germany now that is pretty reliable. PM me just to not litter up this thread :)

Litter it up please! i still havnt heard back from ziggy so a good flat wire might be exactly what im looking for.. im sure that applies to others who were interested in the bakero wire too.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Well this is for the Kanthal D flat wire and I have a few meters of the .8mm coming in soon..

ZIVIPF - Kanthal D Ribbon Wire

This is in Germany so it will take a bit to get to the states. Last order I had from Germany took about 2 full weeks to arrive but it did without issues with the tracked shipping option.

Sometimes it takes a bit to get through outgoing and then incoming customs (mine spent 3 days in U.S. Customs for silica wick) but eventually it worked out.

*Mods*
If this is in bad taste or now allowable (unreg'ed supplier) please remove.

Last edited:

mrmarc

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
California
mcvapes.com
I could've sworn that I read in one of these threads here that one of the "must do" mods in the Philippines is to bore out the air hole to 2mm. So yeah, that's probably one of the reasons why they're getting clouds like those in the vids.

Well, yeah. After I bored out my AGA-T's air hole to 2mm, I noticed a marked increase in vapor production. Of course, there are other factors, as others have stated (ohms, volts, etc). I am curious about Bakero, but I would also like a baseline from him to compare to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread