Creams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Is cap sweet cream, fresh cream by fa and cream by flavorah the same thing. I have some recipes that call for cream, can I use any one of these? Basically are these interchangeable?
I will be watching this to see what answers you get. I really do not want to but many different creams if I can substitute and still be close.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I will be watching this to see what answers you get. I really do not want to but many different creams if I can substitute and still be close.
That's exactly what I'm talking about, will one of them work in all of the recipes. Like you I don't want to buy a bunch of them.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
In these situations, I make up a small tester to try it out with what I already have before buying anything new. Most of the time I can substitute a flavor with a similar flavor I already have, but in some recipes there can be issues where the substitute flavor can clash with another flavor being used.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is going to depend on you, your taste buds and the type of creams, honestly. Bavarian cream takes forever to steep I consider it worth it.

Something like a vanilla cream is going to be different than a sweet cream or a (insert whatever) cream.

I'd suggest (if you have only one cream right now) that you use it in mixes, and you will discover if it works well in many/most, but until you get some variety in your creams you are honestly not going to know if you prefer one over the other. But, if the ideal scenario is to get going, use the cream you have.

Can also check out reviews on the various cream options (I do find a somewhat wide variance, personally) but I sub out creams all the time because I can't handle vanillas for the most part. Also, keep in mind that reviews are from other folks tasetbuds, not yours.

I'd alsor recommend doing a medium sized starter of the cream you have, and same with any others you purchase as creams, many of them, do well with a longer steep time, so you'll have a comparison.

And keep in mind, you can use your testers in mixes! If you like a particular cream that needs steeping, you can add some of the mix to another recipe so it's worth the time to do the tester mixes and etc.

Good luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Is cap sweet cream, fresh cream by fa and cream by flavorah the same thing. I have some recipes that call for cream, can I use any one of these? Basically are these interchangeable?
For me,using a specified cream in a mix really depends on the other flavors used and what I'm trying to accomplish. Example:
From FA website, Vienna Cream= "Meringue, cream, sugar, What else" . If I have a mix that uses Meringue,along with cream, sweetener and Vienna Cream is also recommended in the recipe, why use Vienna Cream? Some folks may be able to tell the difference, but I most likely would not.
Vaping the flavor as a single standalone vape, I have read that all creams pretty much taste different depending on how sensitive your taste buds are.
ref: Home :: Online Store :: Flavors :: Sweet flavors :: Vienna cream flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread