Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Figured might as well start a thread as these should be hitting all who ordered today.

Got mine a little while ago. These are indeed very slick looking and feel well built.

Followed the fill instructions (filled completely holding upside down) with Backwoods Malty Toffee (70/30 blend if I recall).

Let it sit about 10 minutes and put it on the Provari. Meters at 2.5 ohms, right about where it should be.

First vape at 3.5v, little light on flavor, but nice. Afterwards, nothing but dry hits so far... I'll let this sit for a bit longer, probably lower the voltage even a little more and see what happens.

I'll amend this post with progress...

Update 1: Nothing at all but dry hits now (VERY harsh ones at that). I've pushed air through in both directions, and nothing seems to be helping it wick. I'm going to let it sit a bit more, and if still nothing, will pull the rubber plug to see if some air inside may help get things rolling. I've avoided this so far since it shouldn't be needed, and previous posts were pretty explicit that it needs to be fulled fully and upside down (which I did), for the "vacuum" to take over...

Update 2:
Still nothing but dry hits on this even at 3.2 volts.
Pulled the plug, let it sit standing, laying down, upside down, removed the rubber fill cap and re-inserted, shook it, blew in both directions, i'm running out of options, but I can't get this to wick for anything.... Any other suggestions? I can't even get one solid draw from this.
Next step will be removing some liquid and diluting further with some PG, but I wouldn't think 70/30 should be causing this much of an issue.
On the upside, it hasn't leaked....

Last edited:

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Yeah, funny thing about the tips though.
I ordered two, got two tips as well (not sure if that's the plan, or maybe I got yours, oops). C8's were boxed and inside, nicely wrapped in tissue paper, tips were just sitting completely loose in the USPS envelope. You'd think that'd be the part you want to get in somewhat of a sanitary manner, lol.
Either way, no biggie and I'm hoping to get this sucker cranking.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah, funny thing about the tips though.
I ordered two, got two tips as well (not sure if that's the plan, or maybe I got yours, oops). C8's were boxed and inside, nicely wrapped in tissue paper, tips were just sitting completely loose in the USPS envelope. You'd think that'd be the part you want to get in somewhat of a sanitary manner, lol.
Either way, no biggie and I'm hoping to get this sucker cranking.

NICE ! G head slick... rub it in.... lol. Thats aight, I'm just sittin back schlurpin on my Vision clearo whilst you fiddle around with the C8 and VIVI that I ordered as well. Im watching to see how this all works out before I go cutting down the wicks or whatever seems to make them lite up. Actually I'm full of it, If I had juice that had a chance to air out that not im not already tired of I'd be fillin - er - up.

Not to throw this thread into a diff direction / tailspin but.... How long do you vets steep juices ?

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
Man in glad I found this thread. I was so about to order a couple of the c8's just cause they look so good. I'll wait to see how these progress before I pull the trigger. I'd still like to find a good clearomizer with a built in led just to mess with my friends when where having a party. Any recommendations?

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
i got my shipment today (i havent tried the v2's) of version 3 of this product. i filled it per instructions (bounty hunter) and let it sit for couple minutes and started vaping. few dry hits at first, then the vapor slowly started coming along with flavor. it doesnt wick real well (half ways through one fill), so every so often i have to take couple strong inhales without activating the button. i am using all my testing on a 1100mah kgo. these looks absolutely awesome on the battery, the best looking carto setup i have ever had, very very classy looking. i will vape through this tank but i doubt i will put bounty hunter in it again. (going to put a little runnier liquid next). one thing i have to say is, the throat hit is noticeably better compared to the xl phoenix. when i have done couple dry pulls and take a vape, the throat hit is almost intense which i like. if these start wicking better, its a keeper for sure. i might even keep using these even if i have to do dry pulls every other time. no leaks, no gurgle even if its laying on its side. if i had do redo everything again, i would order this carto again. remains to be seen if the wicking improves with vaping.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
No joy on that, I've tried blowing in both directions, pulling the plug, I've honestly tried EVERYTHING I can think of with it short of pulling it apart yet, and I haven't been able to get one good pull out if it yet.
Honestly, I can't even figure out how that's possible... Just by chance it needs to work at least a little..

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I haven't used my V3 yet, (testing the Phoenix first) but with the V2, I would give a short 'primer puff' before i took a drag. Just blow into the tip with one quick, short puff. This method completely eliminated dry hits, and once you do that, the flavor is ridiculous. I assume the same process will work on the V3

No joy on that, I've tried blowing in both directions, pulling the plug, I've honestly tried EVERYTHING I can think of with it short of pulling it apart yet, and I haven't been able to get one good pull out if it yet.
Honestly, I can't even figure out how that's possible... Just by chance it needs to work at least a little..

On v2... there were different results reported by different people concerning using a primer puff... it never did any good on the one I had, yet many others it did... While I'm not surprised to hear about varying results again... I'm disappointed none the less... I really had high hopes for this version after hearing all issues had been resolved by the factory... I'm glad I didn't waste more money on another at this time. I was a guinea pig on the first, I just couldn't afford to be one again on this one.

Still... I did take a chance on the Vivi Nova since I had decent results on the Stone v3 ( just minor leak is the only issue I had with it )... I also grabbed a pack of the Phoenix XL's that are looking promising but only after fiddling a little with them ( minor dry hits ) .... I'm using 80/20 PG/VG on all .... Only downside, if you call it one.. is none of them like higher voltages/watts. I have to turn my Kick all of the way down to get decent flavor that isn't burnt tasting.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread