crystal tipped battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magestorm

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
On my 510, they just popped off with a gentle and creative use of force. Though, I used the gems from some costume jewelry that was laying around a friend's house and used a hot glue gun. I'm not sure if it's going to stay on that well, but it's holding for now, and looks fantastic, getting the attention of people better in low lit rooms.

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
someone please help me! I REALLY want to do this, but I'm reading the posts again and now I'm hopelessly confused, do I want 5mm or 8mm or 11mm for my 510? I drove all over town today and NO ONE carries size 34 bedazzler refills, they had a few small ones (with silver paint on the back of them, I don't want that, right?) can you tell I don't have a crafty bone in my body??? okay, so sad. so now I'm trying to find see-thru crystals and settings. I don't want to order online unless I know for sure what size I need..sheesh, I'm amazed something so simple has turned into an all-day hopleless cluster!

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
someone please help me! I REALLY want to do this, but I'm reading the posts again and now I'm hopelessly confused, do I want 5mm or 8mm or 11mm for my 510? I drove all over town today and NO ONE carries size 34 bedazzler refills, they had a few small ones (with silver paint on the back of them, I don't want that, right?) can you tell I don't have a crafty bone in my body??? okay, so sad. so now I'm trying to find see-thru crystals and settings. I don't want to order online unless I know for sure what size I need..sheesh, I'm amazed something so simple has turned into an all-day hopleless cluster!

8mm would be my guess - the overall diameter is 9.2mm, so the 11mm would be too big and 5mm would be too small.

As far as getting the ash cap off, I've been using a knife - not the tip, just a decent edge, and sliding it between, then pop. Right off.

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I found some crystal studs at Hobby Lobby that are of a way better quality that the Gemagic or Bedazzler brand. They are in the leatherworking supplies and the 3/8 in are a perfect fit in a 901 battery. The crystals are very clear. They are probably cut glass as opposed to plastic, like the others. I only found them in clear and red. Attempting to attach a PDF from the supplier...

http://www.silvercreekleather.com/pdfs/hardware.pdf

They are $2.99/10.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere

julianka

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
NE Pennsylvania
The 510 sounds like an easy one to get the ashcap off of - but I've got an M402 and an M403 and I can't get those dang things off without resorting to force I'm afraid to use. Has anybody ever gotten one off of an M series battery? How about a KR808D? I don't own one of those but I'm thinking about getting one, the trouble is I'd be stuck with a red led, which I can't stand, so I'd want to put a crystal on it or something.

How about painting the ashcap, if you really can't get it off? This is probably going to sound stupid - but if you had a red led and you painted the ashcap blue, would that make the led look purple?

VaporLasVegas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Las Vegas
The 510 sounds like an easy one to get the ashcap off of - but I've got an M402 and an M403 and I can't get those dang things off without resorting to force I'm afraid to use. Has anybody ever gotten one off of an M series battery? How about a KR808D? I don't own one of those but I'm thinking about getting one, the trouble is I'd be stuck with a red led, which I can't stand, so I'd want to put a crystal on it or something.

How about painting the ashcap, if you really can't get it off? This is probably going to sound stupid - but if you had a red led and you painted the ashcap blue, would that make the led look purple?
I think your on to somthing there. Maybe find a thin blue paint So the red can shine through.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
They sell crystal version ones at heavens gifts without any extra cost for the dse901 and the 801. I don't think for the 510

Since the ash cap is plastic and this is jewel type and jewel has a better refraction are you able to see the light easier than with the ash cap?

Cool, thanks for the tip.... hehehe...

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
The 510 sounds like an easy one to get the ashcap off of - but I've got an M402 and an M403 and I can't get those dang things off without resorting to force I'm afraid to use. Has anybody ever gotten one off of an M series battery? quote]

Hi julianka!

On the 40X hold the battery, ashcap up. Go around the base of the ashcap with your thumbnail, pushing up gently, kinda like you would a cork on a bottle. On all the batteries I have, if you look very very closely under strong lighting, you'll see a teeny tiny indent in the ashcap, right there where the ashcap meets the battery housing edge. You can start pushing up there, and it will probably pop right off. Immediately inside is the round (green) chip that contains the led itself. Be careful not to crush this or get glue on this when you glue in the jewel.

Hope this helps!

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I've got an M402 and an M403 and I can't get those dang things off without resorting to force I'm afraid to use. Has anybody ever gotten one off of an M series battery?

I like the stainless look, so I have put my black or white batteries in the drill press and sanded the paint off. The tips fly off pretty easily! The last one I did I was able to pry the tip off with a fingernail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread