The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

crystal tipped battery

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by vconrad, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. geeker

geeker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Neither here nor there
    Could you tell me how to get the ash cap off? Thanks.

2. Mingolvr

Mingolvr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Usually it just pops right off, but for some reason I think the one's on my 510 are glued in!!! I've even taken an xacto knife to it and it STILL won't come out!

Stupid thing...I like my 901 for this. It's SO much easier!

3. Magestorm

Magestorm Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2009
    On my 510, they just popped off with a gentle and creative use of force. Though, I used the gems from some costume jewelry that was laying around a friend's house and used a hot glue gun. I'm not sure if it's going to stay on that well, but it's holding for now, and looks fantastic, getting the attention of people better in low lit rooms.

4. Kelly79

Kelly79 Guest

Jul 7, 2009
    Alaska
    some of mine were glued in, I just wiggled a pin in between the cap and batt edge till I made a hole in it I could get a safety pin or something else slim but strong and pushed at it till it popped (please be careful not to damage the LED and circuit if you try this)

5. buttercrunch

buttercrunch Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2009
    Oregon
    someone please help me! I REALLY want to do this, but I'm reading the posts again and now I'm hopelessly confused, do I want 5mm or 8mm or 11mm for my 510? I drove all over town today and NO ONE carries size 34 bedazzler refills, they had a few small ones (with silver paint on the back of them, I don't want that, right?) can you tell I don't have a crafty bone in my body??? okay, so sad. so now I'm trying to find see-thru crystals and settings. I don't want to order online unless I know for sure what size I need..sheesh, I'm amazed something so simple has turned into an all-day hopleless cluster!

6. SLDS181

SLDS181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2009
    Western NJ
    8mm would be my guess - the overall diameter is 9.2mm, so the 11mm would be too big and 5mm would be too small.

As far as getting the ash cap off, I've been using a knife - not the tip, just a decent edge, and sliding it between, then pop. Right off.

7. buttercrunch

Aug 15, 2009
    Oregon
    yay!! !!! 8 is the one!! I just found a web site that has a printable pdf rhinestone size chart, and 8.5mm/ss40 looks just about perfect..now I just need to find some without that silver backing so my light will shine through.... thanks for the speedy response!

8. geeker

geeker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Neither here nor there
    I found some crystal studs at Hobby Lobby that are of a way better quality that the Gemagic or Bedazzler brand. They are in the leatherworking supplies and the 3/8 in are a perfect fit in a 901 battery. The crystals are very clear. They are probably cut glass as opposed to plastic, like the others. I only found them in clear and red. Attempting to attach a PDF from the supplier...

http://www.silvercreekleather.com/pdfs/hardware.pdf

They are $2.99/10.

9. buttercrunch

Aug 15, 2009
    Oregon
  10. warp1900

warp1900 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2009
    TX
  11. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
  12. VaporLasVegas

VaporLasVegas Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Just drop your 510
    lol works for me

13. julianka

julianka Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    The 510 sounds like an easy one to get the ashcap off of - but I've got an M402 and an M403 and I can't get those dang things off without resorting to force I'm afraid to use. Has anybody ever gotten one off of an M series battery? How about a KR808D? I don't own one of those but I'm thinking about getting one, the trouble is I'd be stuck with a red led, which I can't stand, so I'd want to put a crystal on it or something.

How about painting the ashcap, if you really can't get it off? This is probably going to sound stupid - but if you had a red led and you painted the ashcap blue, would that make the led look purple?

14. VaporLasVegas

VaporLasVegas Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    Las Vegas
    I think your on to somthing there. Maybe find a thin blue paint So the red can shine through.

15. kgonepostl

kgonepostl Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2009
    They sell crystal version ones at heavens gifts without any extra cost for the dse901 and the 801. I don't think for the 510

Since the ash cap is plastic and this is jewel type and jewel has a better refraction are you able to see the light easier than with the ash cap?

16. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Cool, thanks for the tip.... hehehe...

17. kgonepostl

Feb 26, 2009
    Bump:
    Does the crystal tip give out more light?

18. TaketheRedPill

TaketheRedPill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California

19. kgonepostl

Feb 26, 2009
    Ugh..........forget it.

20. cyberwolf

cyberwolf Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Coral Springs, FL
    I like the stainless look, so I have put my black or white batteries in the drill press and sanded the paint off. The tips fly off pretty easily! The last one I did I was able to pry the tip off with a fingernail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.