crystal tipped battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherylc9

Oct 19, 2009
Madison, WI
I saw this thread last night.

Today I found myself at a craft store loking for the darn crystals. And, I found them! I bought a pack of 3/8inch ones made by Realeather Crafts (that's how they spelled it). The cost $4.99 for 10 of them.

Therefore, I had no choice but to 'pimp out' all my ecigs: 510, KR808, Blu, 901 and last but not least my Blue Dragon. I used them all.

The 3/8 fits the dragon perfectly - it sits on the end with a chrome ring around the crystal. Looks like it should have come that way. For the ecigs with larger diameters that chrome edge sits completely inside. They are flat-tipped now, rather than rounded. They could actually use a slightly larger diameter. But they still look better than that plastic end they came with.

This was fun thanks for sharing!

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010
I think your on to somthing there. Maybe find a thin blue paint So the red can shine through.

Most craft stores carry a stained glass paint that mimics the look of stained glass on glass or plastic. I'd try layering that (you're going to want to cover the grey, but allow light to shine through).

Grey adds a darkness to the base, so go a little lighter than the color you actually want.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
LOL Bedazzler never made it big over here or I would. On the nail art I've been hitting local beauty places picking some up but I really want to find some for myself, so I've been scouring the internet for some "manly" looking ones.

From what I gather you grit down the finish a bit, apply the nail art, and top coat. I'm sure I could just slap it on but I think with the above method it'll have some longevity. I'll give it a whirl once I find a good spray-on top coat.

Update on the rhinestones! Found a costume shop that has these in stock and ships internationally! Was a ***** finding a store that shipped to me, with the right product. Who knew being crafty could be so tough?

I use nailart for all my attys (to keep track of flavors) no top coat needed. They stay right where I put them. I use them for cartos, too.

Here's a link and a picof what you need. 150 of those sparkling babies for the low price of $4.49. They are on sale!

The Original BeDazzler Rhinestone Refills 150/Pkg-Clear : Gemstones & Crystals : T-Shirts & Wearable Art : Crafts | Joann.com

Thanks for all the info on the crystals guys. I just lost an ash cap. Someone is sending me one but I think I will order these instead.

checkflag

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Los Angeles

Today I found myself at a craft store loking for the darn crystals. And, I found them! I bought a pack of 3/8inch ones made by Realeather Crafts (that's how they spelled it). The cost $4.99 for 10 of them.

Therefore, I had no choice but to 'pimp out' all my ecigs: 510, KR808, Blu, 901 and last but not least my Blue Dragon. I used them all.

The 3/8 fits the dragon perfectly - it sits on the end with a chrome ring around the crystal. Looks like it should have come that way. For the ecigs with larger diameters that chrome edge sits completely inside. They are flat-tipped now, rather than rounded. They could actually use a slightly larger diameter. But they still look better than that plastic end they came with.

This post is useless without pics! lets see what u did.

Originally posted by Kgonepostal:
Since the ash cap is plastic and this is jewel type and jewel has a better refraction are you able to see the light easier than with the ash cap?

Since the crystal - without foil back - is clear and the original cap is opaque, I think it is easier to see but I haven't tried as all the flat backs I have now are foil backed, too.

Good luck!

Last edited:

checkflag

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Los Angeles

Seriously, How can you write this and not include pics :?:
I want to see your handy work!

Jurassica Parks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
Indiana
So, my local Hobby Lobby was out of the right size of bedazzler refills, so I had no prongs. Luckily, if you buy rhinestones the size of your ash cap, they just pop in. They are a teensy bit crooked, but you can't tell unless you're super close..and I think I'm just ocd. I may try to find the ones with the prongs once they're back in stock...

I tried to light them up so you guys could see. The one with the gold/orange rhinestone looks a bit more amber when lit. The red is bright red!

I have a ton of other colors. Emerald and purple look good too, but in order to show you guys I'd have to pop out the current ones..and I'm happy with them the way they are.

Attachments

• FxCam_1282103871293.jpg
    FxCam_1282103871293.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 109
  • FxCam_1282104028410.jpg
    FxCam_1282104028410.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 94
Well, this gave me an awesome idea! I am a gem cutter. Looks like my next cut will be for the tip of my 510 batt! a real hand cut crystal I dug up!

What if I send you some that I dug up?!? We're both Silver State folk, right? haha
Seriously, what would you charge?

Question: How secure are the crystals in the ends if you don't glue them in? I was thinking that doing this on a battery with a white LED would let you easily change the color at whim. Although hell, if they're that cheap anyway it might be worth the risk!

Thoughts?
If you are feeling brave, Mad Vapes has different color LED lights - even some that change color and flash. I just ordered one of their Box Mod kits (6.99!!) to try.

I want my e-cigs to stand out and not look like a cigarette or a pen. When I'm vaping in public it seems to be more of a conversation starter than people giving me dirty looks because they think I'm smoking...

Besides changing just the tips, I'm decorating some batteries, atomizers, carts and cartos, too. When I get brave enough, I'll try a Liberace version! :2cool:

Anyway, I've been experimenting like crazy. When I get some just right - I'm OCD - I'll post pics of what I am doing but in the meantime, here are ideas I am working on:

A.) I had some old Ear Gems which are crystals on a glue back designed to stick along the outer part of your ear. They also make them for the eyes - kind of like crystal stick on eyeliner. These can be had CHEAP at beauty supply stores, flee markets, etc. Especially easy to find in a Middle Eastern marketplace. I just clean my battery real well and wrap. If I really like it, then I super glue it on.

B.) Baby rings are cheaper and easier to find than ear cuffs. As they are smaller and adjustable, all you have to do is wrap and squeeze. For the smaller cigs you might have to snip off the ends a bit.

C.) Look at your local crafts store or Wal-Mart for necklace connectors. Not the claspy ones but the kind that have a larger circle on one end for a bead or ? To pass through. I found one that just slipped on right past the tip of my Blu and used the little hole where you'd normally attach thread to add charms.

D.) Look for kits made for decorating cell phones, PDAs, etc. The best kind are smaller crystals already attached to strips of tape which you can cut out whatever design you want. Also heavy duty double stick tape works great, too, especially for experimenting.

E.) I hit the clearance racks for earrings, necklaces, wrap around rings - anything that has tiny strands of crystals or charms or wire that is thin and pliable enough to work with. The wrap around rings ideally should have thin, thin metal and can be used alone or as a way to add a small ring to add charms. Toe rings work but they are too large for the smaller cigs and need to be snipped.

F.) Most craft stores carry what's called 'head pins'. You want the long rather than the short ones. You can do two things - at least - with these. One kind looks like a long straight pin, the other has a loop on the end. My favorites are the ones with the loops because after you wrap them around your battery you can attach charms or crystals. For me, these are the most versatile, the easiest to make and use as they simply slide off and on and can be changed to match anything. You can also buy craft wire in tons of colors and sizes to make your own wraps and head pins.

Hope this gives you some inspiration. If I can help, PM me.
My friends don't call me the 'Craft Queen' for nothing!

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
art n cate, I would have to sit down and just cut one to see how easy it would be. I was thinking to make the prosses easier, I would just make a smooth dome shape(no facettes). Just dug up this orange red garnet by lake Tahoe, with cracks inside. It would not make good gems but, for this it would be perfect. It is the same shade as a cig cherry.

Oh art n cate, why do you live so far away?!

We could have Kate n Cate craft time.

This is really silly, but I bought some glitter pencil grips at the Krog. today and put them on the end of my 510, so that just them gem sticks out. they look cool.

I wish I knew enough about electronics to change LEDs.
Where did you get the glitzy grips? Are they the triangle or round kind?
I know NOTHING about making this mod with the LED; I begged them to send detailed instructions - or better yet, hand deliver and hold MY hand!!

art n cate, I would have to sit down and just cut one to see how easy it would be. I was thinking to make the prosses easier, I would just make a smooth dome shape(no facettes). Just dug up this orange red garnet by lake Tahoe, with cracks inside. It would not make good gems but, for this it would be perfect. It is the same shade as a cig cherry.

Let me know how it goes. I have some quartz I got down in Arkansas and some amythest - my fave - someone gave me. You could become the Blong Tycoon!! Except, unfortunately, most of us seem to be on the, er, uh, cheap side... lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread