Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I am unsure as to whether or not this bill was enacted or not? It looks like it went to the senate house of representartives and was enacted with minor (very minor, unfortunately..) amendments...

This bill would redefine as tobacco products, prohibits use where smoking is banned, PROHIBITS FLAVORS? and it also imposed marketing restrictions similar to cigarettes, enacted manufacturing standards??? (would this effect the legal use of mods in my state??) and it also imposed labeling requirements and warning labels on all ecigarettes (does this mean that e-cigs sold in my state must include "carcinogen warnings" ??? Do these requirements mean that e-cigs SOLD in CT need to meet them, or just e-cigs manufactured in CT?

I am very confused as to whether or not this bill had passed for the state of CT. I am interested, as I was a part of the group of people lobbying CT representatives to vote NO on this bill. I would be very disappointed to find-out that this bill DID, INDEED, pass....

However, even if it DID pass, i am still confused about the restrictions/laws it imposes. I know that CT does have many vape shops, and, they don't seem to be following any of these imposed laws... Can someone please explain to me whether or not this bill passed and what it means (if it did) for the state of Connecticut?

THANK YOU, in advanced, for any help on this matter!!! :)

LINK TO CASAA PAGE for this bill: CASAA: Connecticut Call to Action: Multiple bills threaten access to and use of electronic cigarettes!
LINK TO CT.GOV PAGE for this bill: Connecticut General Assembly

( i am just having a hard time understanding if it passed as LAW or if it passed as a recommended bill.... and i am unsure of what this could mean for CT if it DID pass?) thank you, again.

Ketsuban

Feb 20, 2014
Equestria
They amended 6283 but they passed it... Connecticut General Assembly

To summarize - no vaping in governmental buildings, schools, daycare facilities, restaurants, bars, elevators, and school dormitories.
Exceptions- correctional facilities, smoking areas of psychiatric wards, classroom environment demonstrating the effects of nicotine, vape shops and smoke shops, and a designated smoking room at work is all okay.

Hotel in no more than 25% of rooms. Signs must be posted where it cannot be used.

This is found in the Public Act- this is what was passed, which is understandable. So Vaping is still okay, it's just restricted in certain areas.

Act 5449 - nothing yet, hearing only.To clarify, 5449 only affects vaping in area where smoking is not permitted

Act 6290 - nothing yet, hearing only, but that's about advertising.

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread