Cuboid and Temp Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makahowin

Sep 30, 2013
Ohio
I have tried several times to vape my Cuboid with SS coils in temp control and every time I failed. I start at 470 and get no vapor. I crank the mod to 600 and get a little. I thought I was doing something wrong, until I screwed my Kylin tank onto my Tesla Nano Steampunk mod. I set the temp at 470 and glory be, we have vapor! :headbang: So much so that I had to reduce the temp to 450 to get it the way I like it, so there seems to be a problem with the Cuboid and SS wire. Just a heads up in case others out there are trying temp control on a mod that doesn't work well.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have tried several times to vape my Cuboid with SS coils in temp control and every time I failed. I start at 470 and get no vapor. I crank the mod to 600 and get a little. I thought I was doing something wrong, until I screwed my Kylin tank onto my Tesla Nano Steampunk mod. I set the temp at 470 and glory be, we have vapor! :headbang: So much so that I had to reduce the temp to 450 to get it the way I like it, so there seems to be a problem with the Cuboid and SS wire. Just a heads up in case others out there are trying temp control on a mod that doesn't work well.
What did you have the watts set to on the cuboid? I’ve found I like setting mine kinda high so it fires the coil hard out the gate. Mines set at 100 watts and in power mode I’d never vape that high so maybe try upping the watts on your cuboid. Oh and I’m not using a cuboid so maybe it just sucks at tc but higher watts may help.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The Cuboid can use "Artic Fox" firmware which could enhance the experience.

Keep in mind that many low end mods don't or won't regulate very low TCR wire (like many flavors of SS) very well as the hardware just ain't good enough.

Different firmware might help. Ti, NiFe would help as well. (higher TCR wire)

• Useful

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    depending on the firmware of the joyetech mods, some have done well with TC, most of mine haven't. my aio cant regulate, but the vtc mini worked pretty well. as some others have stated, might try the arctic fox firmware. if my vtc hadnt been needed by my brother i might have tried it. my aio is currently in pieces due to a fatal fall off of a ladder.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread