Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I'm in if the "proposed" CLRBA is good-to-go. Its wait and see until then.

Been over a month since Kanger posted the pics. Pretty surprised they haven't released it for sale yet.

13331081_1007767629299881_1868215251699400276_n.jpg

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Does anyone on here have this yet? The reviews are all over the place; still seeing users speak about flooding, but then reviewers like Mike Vapes aren't even mentioning it.

Would love to hear from someone who actually has it on here.

I picked one up from a B & M store yesterday. The salesman at the store gave me a battery for free, and I purchased some juice so I could try it on the way home.

On my 45 minute drive home, it gurgled and spit like a mother! I tried taking the coil out and blowing the juice out, while in my car pulled over, but it continued to gurgle.

Got home, completely removed the atty from the chimney, and turned it upside down on a piece of paper... and juice poured out of it! I left it for a minute or two, then put it back on the chimney and reinstalled the chimney/atty into the Cupti.

NO gurgling, NO spitting! It's now been working since around 5pm last night, and it's now 8am. It worked great last night, and in the morning, still filled with juice, it hasn't gurgled at all! Great clouds, very nice flavor!

Bottom line, if it gurgles, simply remove the atty, unscrew it from the chimney, turn it upside down on a paper towel and let the surplus juice leak out, then reinstall it.

If it continues to work as well as it has since last night, I think it'll be my new device for leaving the house! I HATE leaking, and I honestly don't think this will leak no matter what way you turn it!

Also, between it's light weight, 5ml juice capacity and replaceable battery, this really works great for me!

Note: I don't use TC.... tried it, eh... not to my liking, so my brief review doesn't take TC into account.

One thing I would suggest, I always make sure the air flow is OPEN, when I'm putting the chimney/atty assembly back in the device. This would allow air to escape, rather then being trapped, and pushing juice into the atty/chimney.

This may be total bunk, but since I began to make sure that the air flow was OPEN when refilling/reinstalling the chimney/atty, I haven't had any gurgling or flooding.

I'd love to have other people try that, and see if that solves the issue for them!

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Bottom line, if it gurgles, simply remove the atty, unscrew it from the chimney, turn it upside down on a paper towel and let the surplus juice leak out, then reinstall it....

...One thing I would suggest, I always make sure the air flow is OPEN, when I'm putting the chimney/atty assembly back in the device. This would allow air to escape, rather then being trapped, and pushing juice into the atty/chimney.
2 clarifications:
  • No need to remove atty assembly from tank - just inverting mod will have the same result.
  • Better off closing air off & putting finger over drip tip thereby trapping air in the coil & tube when inserting as allowing air not to escape will be more likely to keep juice out of coil.

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015
I got two Egrip 2s Tuesday from the vapenw sale over the weekend and not real happy with them so far. I wish I would have bought a cupti if vapenw carried them. Right now I'm using a evic mini with a kanger cl tank 4 and it is working pretty good. It uses the same clocc coils as the cupti and I think the flavor is damn near close to the occ coils in my subtank mini. The first ssocc coil I used in the cl tank gurgled and spit real bad so I changed it to a nickel coil and it has worked perfect through about 10 refills so far. I didn't have high expectations for this tank., but I got It very cheap so it was worth a shot.

Reactions: Tpat591

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
My initial impressions of & observations with Cupti after unboxing and very limited vape time:
  • Manual does not contain instructions for replacement of Pyrex Tank located here: Cupti By Kangertech
  • Battery door was very difficult to open on this unit the first time without a battery installed despite the spring-loaded mechanism and had to push latch and strike of latch simultaneously to get it to release. Once the battery is in, this ceases to become an issue.
  • Tinting on tank too dark & can make it difficult to see juice level in poor or even indirect lighting. Cannot seem to see juice level in darker room by holding toward a lighting source and silhouetting juice level as you can with most tanks. I need direct lighting to see. (but I'm an old man-YMMV)
  • Believe USB was purposely put on bottom of mod to make flooding less likely during charging. Heat expansion flooding is less likely if the air in tank can reach wicking & vent on a partially full tank.
  • Vape while charging works.
  • Changing wire mode is done w/ three rapid clicks of fire button after 3 rapid clicks of fire button to enter settings.
  • Ergonomics very good. Weight feels close to Egrip II, Ergonomics better.
  • Like Nebox, initial coil reading will read theoretically correct resistance of coil exactly, but vape poorly. Remove coil, press fire, reinstall, press fire, hit + to chose new coil & resistance for me jumped to0.62ohm on SS CLOCC 0.5ohm coil.
  • Had very minor gurgling after removing & reinserting coil to do this that cleared after a pull & a half. Air intake was open & I did not block drip tip when inserting. I did not perform an inital prriming of coil.
  • Cupti can match airflow of Nebox but it has a lot more resistance due to the CLOCC Coil Design. It takes a lot more pulling power to do it. I do not believe this will be an issue with the CLRBA if it is distributed as in the initial design pics & renderings.
  • Flavor muted on new coil but getting better as time goes on (normal on any coil). I'm at about 1/3 tank now. I don't expect to hit full flavor until the third tank but it has improved greatly so far.
  • Cupti Provides a drier, more fully atomized vape than Egrip II.
  • Firing delay comparable to Nebox.
  • Ramp up on 0.5ohm SS CLOCC (0.62ohm) on cold coil about twice as long as Nebox on 0.15ohm NI200 SSOCC (0.21ohm) @ 50w.
  • Cupti seems to ease into the application of power rather than provide a defined pre-heat spike and I could set Nebox at 60w for faster preheat w/ shorter ramp. Apparently no way to change this & it is irritating to me personally but not a problem on successive hits.
  • Screen difficult to see when vaping but it can be done with only one eye looking downward at an angle. Not too bad, but not what I would call comfortable.
  • Battery LG HE4 looked like it was running at less than 1/4 on battery meter at about 3/4 tank. At this point I charged on USB. Think your battery will go before your tank does.
  • Vaped one tank dry (down to wicking holes anyway) while typing. Very Minor gurgling on first pull after refill that fully cleared by first 1/3 through 2nd pull.
  • I personally dislike these top coil designs as I think they can be very time consuming & wasteful on filling as I use paper towel to clean excess juice from coil after an extended draining while removing. I don't have to do that on Nebox, or Summa. Think also think I waste more juice w/ the paper towel wipe than Nebox ever seeped on me while charging or extended upright storage (multiple days unused in a row).
  • Really like the Top Display Control Panel, but think it is too close to Tank opening and I can see it getting destroyed if someone inadvertently filled past the line and ended up overflowing the tank. Would have been smarter if they had the panel higher on the top panel (atty fill recessed) to direct overflows away from the control panel should they occur.
  • Never once had any juice spit up at me through the drip tip at all. Not one portion of a drop even while vaping off the minor gurgles.
  • Cupti definitely has potential if the CLRBA delivers what we all hope it will & Kanger can open up airflow through the CLOCC coils a bit.
  • I would like for Kanger to restore User Control of wattage in TC Modes on Cupti so we can control preheat with wattage or add preheat punch settings in follow-on units of Cupti.
  • Kanger, please get your head from your tail ends and build all mods with firmware upgrade ability or stop building them all together.
  • Kanger please eliminate your signature logo venting and sticker stupidity. If a battery vents in one of your mods I do not want the hot gasses and fire directed to my palm or fingers. I want this potentially injurious venting to shoot from holes in the bottom of the mod, where it will most likely be directed so it is not aimed directly at my body parts and might actually be vented safely.
  • This new trend of releasing mods & tanks w/o RBAs packaged in the starter kits is something we should not tolerate from Kanger.
That's all for now (Bet you thought I'd never shut up). Please Let Me Know if I left anything out, or if you think I'm off base with these initial observations/opinions in any way.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I got two Egrip 2s Tuesday from the vapenw sale over the weekend and not real happy with them so far. I wish I would have bought a cupti if vapenw carried them. Right now I'm using a evic mini with a kanger cl tank 4 and it is working pretty good. It uses the same clocc coils as the cupti and I think the flavor is damn near close to the occ coils in my subtank mini. The first ssocc coil I used in the cl tank gurgled and spit real bad so I changed it to a nickel coil and it has worked perfect through about 10 refills so far. I didn't have high expectations for this tank., but I got It very cheap so it was worth a shot.
What is it you don't like about the Egrip 2? Have three of them myself. They dispense a very moist & flavorful vape on the Notch Coils. They are very capable TC mods and the notch will last a good long time in TC & is easily rewicked. A lot of people complain about them in non TC mode and I'll bet that is due to no direct airflow through the coil itself & the bottom overheating when Temp is not limited.

Issues w/ Egrip 2 are:
  • Horrendous spit back w/ notch coil that can be controlled w/ an Anti-Spit-Back drip tip. This is a must & why JT gives you the black drip tip w/ swirl. I use Aromamizer ASB drip tips and they make Egrip 2 a real performer for me.
  • Limited tank volume.
  • Limited Battery life.
I was very pleasantly surprised I liked it so much. Even bought a couple of Cubis tanks as a result.

Last edited:

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
I would say better in glass tank, smaller size, easier battery door mechanism.
It's worse in that only pre made coils are available and the CLRBA will lose the bottom air feed making it share similar issues with the egrip ii.
If you don't mind the leaking the Nebox is better in versatility.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Good rundown...I guess the only question I have- is it "better" than the Nebox, and do you recommend it? I really do enjoy the hell out of my Nebox, despite the endless issues.
  • I hear you. I KNOW what you are asking, and I am just as frustrated as you as there is no clear answer at this point (less than 24 hrs after having first unboxed the unit).
  • Each has their own issues and strengths. Each of us must decide where our priorities lie. No matter which choice we make, overall we will remain unsatisfied.
  • The best I can say is there is a reason Cupti is not named Nebox 2. It solves many of the issues with Nebox. It introduces other issues. It is not a replacement for Nebox, but a complement to it that stands next to it. Neither is a clear winner. Kanger can continue to sell them side by side for years to come and enjoy strong markets for both.
  • At this point for me, Nebox will remain the best performing All-in-One on the market for Flavor, Airflow, Build & Coil Versatility and its drawback of minor seeping and leakage are acceptable annoyances. Egrip II is a serious contender in flavor & TC performance/upgradeability is stellar but capacity & battery life are inadequate. Summa has the most versatile & adaptable design (as it operates like Cupti now, but the Tank design would allow for it to also be set up to operate like Nebox & other RTAs). If Artery were to change their minds & offer a choice of their chip or a DNA75 chip & choose to incorporate the best qualities of what the other Nebox & RBAs have to offer they could utterly rule the marketplace.
  • The unknown performance of Cupti with the CLRBA may change this, but I believe the design & size constraints will limit its potential versatility and performance.
Know I have not offered you the answer you seek and I am sorry for that. I would rather try to give you the facts and honest impressions & comparisons than tell you something that simply does not exist in reality.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
...and do you recommend it?.

At the $33.29ea price I got the two units for, I do not regret the purchase at all. If you come across a good deal, it is well worth picking one up so you can judge for yourself, but I would not be rushing out to buy one for $70.

• Flavor continues to improve.
  • The firing delay & ramp is annoying, but you get used to it.
  • The restrictive pull is annoying, but you could get used to it.
  • Battery swaps are very easy.
  • Filling can be messy if care is not taken.
  • Ergonomics & feel of unit are fantastic.
  • No flooding yet at all.
  • Love the top screen.
  • No leaking while charging on full tank.

Last edited:

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015
What is it you don't like about the Egrip 2? Have three of them myself. They dispense a very moist & flavorful vape on the Notch Coils. They are very capable TC mods and the notch will last a good long time in TC & is easily rewicked. A lot of people complain about them in non TC mode and I'll bet that is due to no direct airflow through the coil itself & the bottom overheating when Temp is not limited.

Issues w/ Egrip 2 are:
  • Horrendous spit back w/ notch coil that can be controlled w/ an Anti-Spit-Back drip tip. This is a must & why JT gives you the black drip tip w/ swirl. I use Aromamizer ASB drip tips and they make Egrip 2 a real performer for me.
  • Limited tank volume.
  • Limited Battery life.
I was very pleasantly surprised I liked it so much. Even bought a couple of Cubis tanks as a result.
I have all the issues you listed with my egrip 2 that I opened. The other one is still sealed in the box. I will probably sell it. I can't get it to stop spitting. It gets extremely hot in my hand. I hate the small drip tip. I'm tired of drinking juice. BTW what settings are you running your notch coils at in tc mode?

Reactions: chief63

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have all the issues you listed with my egrip 2 that I opened. The other one is still sealed in the box. I will probably sell it. I can't get it to stop spitting. It gets extremely hot in my hand. I hate the small drip tip. I'm tired of drinking juice. BTW what settings are you running your notch coils at in tc mode?
Now I'm pushing about 450-470f @ 40-60w.

When I first got the unit I had it dialed down to 300 deg and 20-30 w. It was wierd as hell. It was either scalding hot and spitting red hot liquid into my mouth or it wouldn't vape at all or was totally anemic if I turned it down. I inadvertently fixed it with the reset button. If the symptoms I am describing sound familiar, I suggest you open your other unit right now and give that one a try. It will probably work much more like how you expect it should.

If that one is fine, then contact your vendor and request a swapout of the malfunctioning unit while you are still under warranty because Joyetech's vendors will drop your warranty like a hot potato if you take too long to report an issue.

RAVEN72

Sep 13, 2015
Now I'm pushing about 450-470f @ 40-60w.

When I first got the unit I had it dialed down to 300 deg and 20-30 w. It was wierd as hell. It was either scalding hot and spitting red hot liquid into my mouth or it wouldn't vape at all or was totally anemic if I turned it down. I inadvertently fixed it with the reset button. If the symptoms I am describing sound familiar, I suggest you open your other unit right now and give that one a try. It will probably work much more like how you expect it should.

If that one is fine, then contact your vendor and request a swapout of the malfunctioning unit while you are still under warranty because Joyetech's vendors will drop your warranty like a hot potato if you take too long to report an issue.
I appreciate your advice but I really don't want to open the other one just yet. It would kill the resale value. I am having the exact issues you are stating though. When I first got it the coil was reading at .28 and I had a warm vape at 330f and 30w. I reset it like 5 times to get the coil to read closer to .25 and finally got it to .26. Now the vape is the same temp at 470f 40w like you sugested. I just broke it down clean and dried all the parts along with the coil and it is doing a little better for now. Still spitting unless I pull on it real easy. I'm using the wide bore drip tip because that plastic one is to small and gets to hot. I ordered some bigger anti spit back drip tips from fastech, but I won't get those for a couple weeks.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I appreciate your advice but I really don't want to open the other one just yet. It would kill the resale value. I am having the exact issues you are stating though. When I first got it the coil was reading at .28 and I had a warm vape at 330f and 30w. I reset it like 5 times to get the coil to read closer to .25 and finally got it to .26. Now the vape is the same temp at 470f 40w like you sugested. I just broke it down clean and dried all the parts along with the coil and it is doing a little better for now. Still spitting unless I pull on it real easy. I'm using the wide bore drip tip because that plastic one is to small and gets to hot. I ordered some bigger anti spit back drip tips from fastech, but I won't get those for a couple weeks.
Thing was mine was reading correct resistance of my coil at 0.25ohm the whole time when it was acting that way. The hard resets that didn't work the night before somehow fixed everything over night and the mod magically recalibrated itself. Next day it worked like a charm.

The spitting will still be there after the resistance is dialed in. That why I use the Aromamizer drip tips and ordered a half dozen vanilla tips from FT. They have most of my order but are waiting on dispensing needles to ship so I took some pipe filter screen, put a flat pen cap in center & did this.
upload_2016-7-8_21-27-52.png
upload_2016-7-8_21-29-12.png

Shoved it up the drip tip w/ open end down and it keeps the worst of the spitback down but after a few heavy vapes it starts to get laden with liquid and gets restrictive until it sets for a while & drains back.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
2 clarifications:
  • No need to remove atty assembly from tank - just inverting mod will have the same result.

Not quite sure how this would work... with the atty still attached to the chimney, the juice would simply flow up the chimney, coating the walls... once you turned it back rightside up, the juice (I would think) would simply flow *back* down, and again into the atty!

Guess I'll have to try it, but taking the atty off the chimney, turning it upside down over a paper towel to let the surplus juice drip out isn't that much of a hassle.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Not quite sure how this would work... with the atty still attached to the chimney, the juice would simply flow up the chimney, coating the walls... once you turned it back rightside up, the juice (I would think) would simply flow *back* down, and again into the atty!

Guess I'll have to try it, but taking the atty off the chimney, turning it upside down over a paper towel to let the surplus juice drip out isn't that much of a hassle.
I believe it is unnecessary to remove. Removing compromises any pressure differential that exist which would help keep juice from rushing on.

I'm on my 4th tank now and only had minor gurgling over a pull & half after filling on first two. I have had no flooding issues at all so far.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
CUPTI USE OBSERVATIONS & IMPRESSIONS (after 4 tanks use).
  • On 3 occasions over 4 tanks I pressed the fire button but unit did not fire w/ no error message given. Subsequent presses worked fine after each occurrence. No idea why.
  • Battery Capacity and Replacement:
    • Cupti: One fully charged LG HE4 will vape a tank filled to the fill line down to the wicking holes on coil before signalling weak battery. 1 Tank/battery charge.
    • Battery replacements on Cupti quick & easy with the latch mechanism so USB charging will only be done if replacement not available.
    • Nebox: Two fully charged LG HE4 will vape a tank filled to the fill line down to the wicking holes on coil before signalling weak battery and have a bit left on the second. Slightly greater than 0.5 Tank/battery charge.
    • Nebox Battery Screw Cap is a pain to change batteries on and as such it is easier to charge battery in the unit via USB.
  • Flavor: Cupti Flavor is so much better on the stock SS .05ohm coil now than it was on previous tanks providing both rich flavor & subtle overtones of you juice. When compared directly to Nebox: Nebox still provides a better draw and flavor overall.
  • Leaking:
    • Cupti does not leak but can be messy or overflowed during filling.
    • Nebox can leak if proper care is not taken, if top o-ring of coil is damaged, left unused in uprigh position for days, or if charged in upright position (heat expansion).
  • Flooding: I have absolutely no flooding or spitting on this unit; only minor gurgling after reinserting the coil after the first two fills that vaped away very quickly.
  • Wire Support:
    • CUPTI: Power Mode, TC-NI200, TC-TiT1
    • Nebox: Power Mode, TC-NI200, TC-TiT1, TC-SS, TC-NiCr
  • Firing Delay: Cupti has similar firing delay to Nebox.
  • Ramp Up: Cupti has a significantly increased ramp up w/ ss coil over Nebox w/ NI200 coil. (I have ordered NI200 coils for Cupti from FT for direct comparison, but will not have for weeks).
  • Wattage Control in TC: With Cupti you have no control over Wattage or Preheat in TC. With Nebox you can adjust wattage in TC to control your preheat.
  • Tank: Cupti has 5ml replaceable Pyrex Tank (unit disassembly required), Nebox has 10ml non-replaceable plastic tank.
  • RBA: Cupti will use CLOCC RBA which is not yet available, of unknown performance & not included in Starter kit. Nebox is provided with Subtank Mini Plus V2 in starter kit which has a good performance reputation.
  • Ergonomics & Size: Cupti has absolutely stellar ergonomic qualities that are so much better than Nebox. Cupti's size makes it much more comfortable to use, especially for smaller hands. Cupti's styling and looks are also a good step above those of Nebox. A full Nebox and full Cupti have similar weight despite Cupti's smaller size & capacity.
  • Characterization: Cupti has been touted as being the replacement to Nebox. It is not. It is a parallel product line which complements Nebox in your vaping arsenal. It offers different performance and capabilities and I predict both product lines to remain available to satisfy the priorities of different enthusiasts in the community.
  • Recommendation:
    • I recommend both units for what they are.
    • While I believe Cupti & Nebox both are very good units for what they are, I do not believe one eclipses the other nor satisfies the needs of all enthusiasts. Neither is truly THE ONE WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.
    • Cupti is well worth purchasing, has a great comfortable feel, smaller size and provides a decent, hassle free & flavorful vape in an attractive package which will have broad appeal. I believe it's performance will be greatly enhanced by the CLRBA when it is finally available, but its extensive delay signifies there may be performance issues with the design and the size limitation dictates it will not be a particularly versatile RBA.
    • I do not think I would rush out and buy a few more Cupti until Kangertech packages the CLRBA in the Starter kits and changes the programming to restore wattage control to the USER in TC Modes or at least provides Preheat settings for the user.
    • The release of Cupti will drive down Nebox pricing allowing them to become more attractive to many users. Kanger should update the wire support capabilities for Nebox, incorporate TCRs, upgrades, and bring out an updated top screen version with a larger Pyrex tank that supports the Protank4 RBA Deck, (preferably with a DNA75 driving it).
    • Kangertech needs to manufacture firmware upgrade-able mods so early purchasers can update their early purchases to incorporate changes the community will demand from Kangertech (such as wattage control in TC, TCRs, wire presets, Preheat settings, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread