Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I still haven't got the time to buy an 18650 for my cupti, and Kangertech drops the Cupti 2.
Shame on me. :S
Firmware Updateable? Wonder if they actually connected the wires to the usb this time? Gotta say I was thinking of converting a reuleaux into something like this, but I realized it would be just too heavy to carry around. Glad to see all-in-ones getting the attention they deserve to foster advancement in the form, however i'm not sure this is what we need.

Reactions: BetoMex

Tomsyn

Jul 26, 2016
Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I have a kanger cupti that had that gurgling problem and burning taste. Found the resolution here which was to turn it upside down for a few minutes. Thank you.

I now have another problem. The device suddenly has started to just increase power or temperature automatically all the way to the max. It won't go back down or it will to say two 0.1 decrements and then goes back up. I've pulled the battery also and left it for an hour. Still the same problem. Any ideas please?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for damage to your unit that may result from using IPA or distilled water in the control panel & switches of your unit. It is your responsibility to research the hazards of exposing your controls to these chemicals to assume the risk of inadvertent damage which may be caused by doing so.

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol

I use Isopropyl Alcohol diluted with distilled water to clean flux off boards after soldering them and use canned air to blow them dry after doing so to insure that it is completely dry and eliminate the possibility of shorting out the electronics. I have never had a problem doing so on Evolv Boards but I have never tried it on Kangertech Products and cannot say if their materials will react poorly to the treatment especially with a control panel/display such as that in Cupti. YMMV. Be sure it is completely dry before applying power to the circuit.

Tomsyn

Jul 26, 2016
Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for damage to your unit that may result from using IPA or distilled water in the control panel & switches of your unit. It is your responsibility to research the hazards of exposing your controls to these chemicals to assume the risk of inadvertent damage which may be caused by doing so.

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol

I use Isopropyl Alcohol diluted with distilled water to clean flux off boards after soldering them and use canned air to blow them dry after doing so to insure that it is completely dry and eliminate the possibility of shorting out the electronics. I have never had a problem doing so on Evolv Boards but I have never tried it on Kangertech Products and cannot say if their materials will react poorly to the treatment especially with a control panel/display such as that in Cupti. YMMV. Be sure it is completely dry before applying power to the circuit.

thanks again for your help. I tried doing that but i still have the same problem. looks like i probably short circuited something on it. shame. i liked the vape from it.

I don't disagree that Cupti does provide a certain level of flavor, but I do believe it is somewhat muted and the restriction evident in the CLOCC coils makes the experience for airflow and flavor delivery sadly lacking in comparison to Nebox. While it does not leak and I have not had flooding issues, I would much rather tolerate some minor oozing from Nebox When I charge it upright and neglect vaping off the juice expansion while the battery heats the tank & expands the juice in exchange for the flavor, airflow, capacity, and vape quality I receive in relation to Cupti.

I maintain 4 Nebox in rotation and own 6 (2 backup). I own at least one Cupti(2), Plato(1), Summa(4), Egrip II(3), & many earlier Egrips(6). Nebox still tops my list as the Best all-in-one I have ever used and the best currently available although I have a lot of respect for the Egrip II when used with the Notch Coil and a proper Anti Spit Back Drip Tip such as the one from Aromamizer. If it were not for the spitting, juice capacity, and battery capacity issues Egrip II would be the best all-in-one on the market. Evic AIO corrects the Battery issue & tank cleaning issue, however juice capacity & spitting will remain but the flavor should remain outstanding. Plato lacks capacity, suffers from a messy fill, and almost a complete lack of TC Coil availability. Summa provides good flavor in a very versatile design but is hampered by a company that cannot field adequate coil availability, refuses to incorporate DNA75 in a parallel product line or explore the bottom airflow coil & RBA configuration possibilities their design offers to make the device the market leader it could easily be.

From my experience with Cupti, if people are plagued with flooding, there is either an issue with one of the two o-rings sealing the tank or coil due to user error thereby compromising the vacuum pressure of the tank, or Kanger wicked certain batches of coils poorly during the manufacturing process.

You sound like me with all the mods.

Nice that there has been so far a successful experience for most with tipping it upside down for a few minutes, as some of this info will confuse newbies, and this mod is sold as an 'all-in-one' device, which gives the impression of 'ease of use', so that fix is nice and newb friendly.

Yeah I have a couple of those to compare the Cupti to also, such as the Plato and eGrip II.

You have me thinking of busting out the NEBOX again to do a direct comparison. Changing the battery is too much work though, with so many other super easy to use devices, lol.

I just started using the eVic Vtwo with the Cubis Pro and I used the Notchcoil to start without priming (with the spitting issue in mind), and it was spitting pretty good, even without priming. I wanted to try not priming a coil since I hadn't yet.

After using it for a while, it has slowed on the spitting, just a little.

I also have an eVic AIO on the way, so looking forwards to trying that out :)

Hi guys I'm new to this forum. I have a kanger cupti that had that gurgling problem and burning taste. Found the resolution here which was to turn it upside down for a few minutes. Thank you.

I now have another problem. The device suddenly has started to just increase power or temperature automatically all the way to the max. It won't go back down or it will to say two 0.1 decrements and then goes back up. I've pulled the battery also and left it for an hour. Still the same problem. Any ideas please?

Did you match the coil with the respective mode? They don't make it super clear, but there is a mode for each coil. I have the SS 316 coil that came with it installed, and switched to Ni mode to see if it would fire, and it did (of course only for a split second).

It does sound like it may be shorted, but the SS316 works in wattage mode and SS Temp mode, and the 1.5 ohm NiCr goes with the NC mode (just hit the fire button 3 times to switch modes).

Could be worth a shot, hopefully it isn't fried.

Plato lacks capacity, suffers from a messy fill, and almost a complete lack of TC Coil availability.

From my experience with Cupti, if people are plagued with flooding, there is either an issue with one of the two o-rings sealing the tank or coil due to user error thereby compromising the vacuum pressure of the tank, or Kanger wicked certain batches of coils poorly during the manufacturing process.

I just had my Cupti completely flooded for the first time.

I was messing with it and took out the coil a few times with a full tank of juice, and it was UBER flooded, so that reminds me of the vacuum pressure thing going on.

I did the upside down flip and she's good to go!

I'm surprised how the vapor is for you. I'm presently enjoying this, and the TFV8 (yes they are not super far off, as far as flavor, though the TFV8 is in its own category with vapor production, pretty nuts).

BTW, my Plato was one of the ones that leaked like crazy, I have a separate container to store the Plato and NEBOX, and I do like the vapor that comes off them both.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Doubtful as I live in Cayman islands and bought the vape in miami.
Your vendor should still be able to help you set up a warranty replacement. The IPA water should have evaporated without leaving a trace so it should not void your warranty. After your vendor contacts Kangertech on your behalf you will be given instructions ad to how to return your unit or you will be told how to contact them directly to return.

You might also seek the help of your local B&M in correcting the situation. While they certainly will not be obligated, any good vape shop owner realizes that happy cusstomers and happy potential customers are their stock in trade generating new or repeat business for them. They may be able to help you.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I just had my Cupti completely flooded for the first time.

I was messing with it and took out the coil a few times with a full tank of juice, and it was UBER flooded, so that reminds me of the vacuum pressure thing going on.

I did the upside down flip and she's good to go!

I'm surprised how the vapor is for you. I'm presently enjoying this, and the TFV8 (yes they are not super far off, as far as flavor, though the TFV8 is in its own category with vapor production, pretty nuts).

BTW, my Plato was one of the ones that leaked like crazy, I have a separate container to store the Plato and NEBOX, and I do like the vapor that comes off them both.
It is all about that pressure differential in the tank that keeps any coil from flooding or leaking. Understanding that is the key to Nebox, Cupti or any other piece of equipment for that matter.

Regarding Nebox, I think you owe it to yourself to pull it back out of the box. Yes changing the battery is a pain which is why I run multiples & charge via usb at every opportunity rather than perform regular swapouts thereby minimizing the need to actually change the 18650, but it is nice to have the pace of mind to know I can easily enough if there is an actual need to.

I suggest you run Nebox next to Cupti for a week or two. Not necessarily for review purposes, but for your own. I think you will rediscover how well the unit actually performs in comparison to these newer units in TC Modes (early units did have TC issues, later units worked well in TC) and find its flavor & features are still at the top of the All-in-One offerings of today. Sad, but very true, in my humble opinion.

It is all about that pressure differential in the tank that keeps any coil from flooding or leaking. Understanding that is the key to Nebox, Cupti or any other piece of equipment for that matter.

Regarding Nebox, I think you owe it to yourself to pull it back out of the box. Yes changing the battery is a pain which is why I run multiples & charge via usb at every opportunity rather than perform regular swapouts thereby minimizing the need to actually change the 18650, but it is nice to have the pace of mind to know I can easily enough if there is an actual need to.

I suggest you run Nebox next to Cupti for a week or two. Not necessarily for review purposes, but for your own. I think you will rediscover how well the unit actually performs in comparison to these newer units in TC Modes (early units did have TC issues, later units worked well in TC) and find its flavor & features are still at the top of the All-in-One offerings of today. Sad, but very true, in my humble opinion.
Well I have it sitting right here as I was looking it over after this thread, and I typically have 10 or so mods going at once, so just added some juice. It does create some great vapor :)

The vapor I am getting with the SS316 in the Cupti, and the OCC in the NEBOX is pretty much identical (like I said, I love the Cupti vapor as well), but I love changing mods, and as before, the NEBOX is damn good!

I may switch to the SSOCC or the Nickel coil again to revisit those, but between these two, they are at the top of my list.

I didn't even think of charging via USB :)

Reactions: Tpat591

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
And another quick first look....I'm dying laughing. Starts at 7:40 in. You can see it literally shoot juice in the air. Go home Kanger, you're drunk.

Drysprocket - THANK YOU for mentioning this video - I was dying laughing when he started making all those faces and blechhing after the juice spit in his mouth - and the loud bang from his lighting system - he is such a joyous person -- taking everything so well, he cracked me up. I *needed* this more than you could ever know this week, so thank you for the laughing that ensued watching this fun guy review the Cupti (and for saving me $50!!). Have a great day!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Can't help but wonder about that software utility Kanger included in the Cupti 2 Video. I realize that is using the board from the dripbox 160 that was supposedly firmware upgrade-able (that some opened and found only power wires connected to USB), but I also wonder if it might be able to be used with Cupti (but was unannounced until the software was ready for release).

Knowing Kanger you will probably have to buy a new & improved Cupti 1.1 to get the functionality.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonnaVapes

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
Can't help but wonder about that software utility Kanger included in the Cupti 2 Video. I realize that is using the board from the dripbox 160 that was supposedly firmware upgrade-able, but I also wonder if it might be able to be used with Cupti but was unannounced until the software was ready for release.

Tpat591-- I don't know of any firmware upgrades - it wasn't even implied other than wishful thinking unless I just missed it. I was contemplating it, but with Dean's original video AND his update on the Cupti video, it was still gurgling and sputtering and that just isn't compatible with my vaping enjoyment in any way... I have a Cubis tank that does that and a Crown clone that did that and leaked like a canoe with a 2" hole in the bottom of it, so those are in the cursed equipment box wishing I'd never been encouraged to purchase them EVER. I hope you find out.... but I still won't be swayed into buying one even though the rose gold one is gorgeous.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Tpat591-- I don't know of any firmware upgrades - it wasn't even implied other than wishful thinking unless I just missed it. I was contemplating it, but with Dean's original video AND his update on the Cupti video, it was still gurgling and sputtering and that just isn't compatible with my vaping enjoyment in any way... I have a Cubis tank that does that and a Crown clone that did that and leaked like a canoe with a 2" hole in the bottom of it, so those are in the cursed equipment box wishing I'd never been encouraged to purchase them EVER. I hope you find out.... but I still won't be swayed into buying one even though the rose gold one is gorgeous.
Agree on the Rose Gold. If you read any of this thread, you must realize I have not sought to sway people into buying one but took a lot of my time trying to compile as much accurate information on the device as I could in order to allow members to make informed decisions on whether or not to purchase the device.

No matter what a member chooses to do after reading the thread I will know I did my best to help them make their decision.

By the way thing go with Kanger's poor communication & documentation a certain amount of speculation is necessary to propose theories to discuss and then confirm or deny certain features later. It is like assembling a puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread