Curiously Strong Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Nicowolf, I went and read quite a bit on your device. Your warnings in themselves scare me. I just don't think I have the guts to try and figure out batteries, etc. But I did bookmark the thread and will study it more later.

That's quite a gift you gave others, the instructions. Maybe I'll get brave.

I have run into some very IMPULSIVE people lately regarding the NicoStick mod and felt the need to use very strong words of caution for it to even register for THEM that this is not linkin' logs we are playing with here. You seem to be the cautious kind of person who actually would want to read and learn a little while tinkering. You need encouragement, others need caution. Please do not be afraid to try the mod with protected batteries. If you would feel safer, I can help you adapt it for a type of battery you feel more comfortable with.

Thank you so much, that is really kind of you! I do want to try it, and feel more confident knowing if I have questions you're there to help me. I won't try it for a little bit though. DH and I are going to Ohio for three weeks, then we have doctors appointments the first of July (DH has stage IV lung cancer), so our plate is a little full right now. But DO want to try and now I probably will!! I do like having my ducks in a row and it's better to be safe than sorry! I take your warnings to heart because I believe you know what you're talking about!!

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Thank you so much, that is really kind of you! I do want to try it, and feel more confident knowing if I have questions you're there to help me. I won't try it for a little bit though. DH and I are going to Ohio for three weeks, then we have doctors appointments the first of July (DH has stage IV lung cancer), so our plate is a little full right now. But DO want to try and now I probably will!! I do like having my ducks in a row and it's better to be safe than sorry! I take your warnings to heart because I believe you know what you're talking about!!

3 weeks in Ohio?! Where in Ohio?

3 weeks in Ohio?! Where in Ohio?

Nico, 5 summers ago DH and I bought sight unseen off ebay (after hours of frantic research) a home outside the little town of Salineville. We have one neighbor we can see (who owns 80 acres) and another neighbor we can't see (who owns 60 acres) and we have 2,235 acres of a wildlife preserve bordering our property.

We had to gut the house and we go up for a total of 5 to 6 weeks a year and work on it. It's coming along nicely and it's a home away from home and we hope to retire there. It has 5 1/8 acres home and garage.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I hope that your visit to ohio goes well for you.

If/when you try the nicostick, don't be scared. The battery inside of it is the same kind of battery (except larger with more life) than the batteries that you use every day inside of your regular eciggy! The problem is, if you get an unprotected battery and forget about it on the charger, it could overcharge and damage the battery. If you get a protected battery, it will not allow it to overcharge or overdischarge. Thus eliminating that danger of the battery. Other than that, it has no more danger than a regular rechargeable. If you don't want to use them still, stick with the regular AAs or AAAs that we use on a daily basis (rechargable is better of course) and use a 4 battery box instead of a two. It's basically the same, just larger scale is all. More room to work too.

I tried my magnum today, worked perfect until my husband screwed his atty onto it to try it, then he twisted too hard and broke a solder. It's not his fault, I forgot to putty the inside down so it couldn't twist. Oops. It was my first time doing all the soldering without him though. It's the only solder that broke and that's because I literally soldered the pos atty contact onto the switch, because they were all but touching. I can't believe I forgot to seal it down so it couldn't twist...OMG...I feel like such a ditz sometimes!

That isn't far from Rob at altsmoke. He's around E. Liverpool. About 2 hours drive for me. I am a city girl, 2 hours is an eternity in a car.

Yes, I think E Liverpool is pretty close!!! I'll have to go to their website and bookmark them, it's nice to know someone is so close!!

And Nico, LOL, I thought you were a guy. It is SO neat to have had you create the Nicostick and be female, just the neatest thing!!

Last edited:

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I thought nicowolf was a guy too at first, I don't have any idea why I thought that, probably was stereotyping that it's usually men you would find doing mods. But nope, not this time! Sorry nico! No offense was intended! If it helps, I thought you were a really awesome guy...now I KNOW you are an awesomely fantastic female! :)

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Yes, I think E Liverpool is pretty close!!! I'll have to go to their website and bookmark them, it's nice to know someone is so close!!

And Nico, LOL, I thought you were a guy. It is SO neat to have had you create the Nicostick and be female, just the neatest thing!!

I thought nicowolf was a guy too at first, I don't have any idea why I thought that, probably was stereotyping that it's usually men you would find doing mods. But nope, not this time! Sorry nico! No offense was intended! If it helps, I thought you were a really awesome guy...now I KNOW you are an awesomely fantastic female! :)

That's ok, ladies. I don't speak up about my gender very often because I enjoy being gender neutral. I always have been rather androgynous. I hate being condescended to because I was born female. The other women around me don't even seem to notice when it is happening to them. I see red when it happens to me:-x. When I take my car in for an oil change and the mechanics are frighten me into a $1000 front end repair, I nearly hit the roof. They wouldn't try to pull that if I were male. The guys here, in the modders' forum have not been like that. They have been very open and willing to help and answer questions, like my dad was - that's where I learned not to fear the power tools. I talk like one of the guys because I was raised by a bunch of guys (5 older brothers and 1 younger, no sisters). I get a smile out of seeing people mistake me for a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread