Smok Zmax 90+
Sigelei Zmax 70+
Anyvape CVI 50+
Innokin SVD 70ish?

Also not with that chip

evic 95+
Kick 45 (needs a mech mod)
Oh and the darwin but you'll never find one new

Prices are USD and for the most part from where I could find them cheapest in the last 3 minutes

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
As for what you want, they all have pros and cons. You can find reviews for all of them on pbusardos channel as well as some other channels. I don't necessarily agree with his opinions but it's a good way to see the form and function in action.

Remember VW is just doing a little bit of math for you. You can have the same vape with a VV device.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Here is off the top of my head

This group has the same chip

Vamo 40-60
Smok Zmax 90+
Sigelei Zmax 70+
Anyvape CVI 50+
Innokin SVD 70ish?

Also not with that chip

evic 95+
Kick 45 (needs a mech mod)
Oh and the darwin but you'll never find one new

Also the Smoktech Groove.
The Tesla.

Of all those, the Evic will be closest to the Janty Mid with downloadable updates, and progammable features.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Also the Smoktech Groove.
The Tesla.

Of all those, the Evic will be closest to the Janty Mid with downloadable updates, and progammable features.

I did miss those two. I just fired off what I could think of while working...they would be in the top category, as I understand they use that chip.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I did miss those two. I just fired off what I could think of while working...they would be in the top category, as I understand they use that chip.

I think you did an admirable job - the list keeps growing. I think the Groove will use that chip, being from Smoktech. I'm not sure about the Tesla - I think you may be right there too.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I am hoping a couple of mods go VW.

The way I was understanding VW is that it would self adjust between carto/atties. Depending on resistance of said carto/atty. That unlike adjusting a vv device each time I switch an carto. The Vw would do that for me. That's the dumbed down version of my understanding. Am I incorrect?

Yes. With the variable wattage you set the watts and the device will read the resistance (ohms) of your attachment and automatically adjust the volts for you.
All the devices listed on this thread, except the Darwin and the kick, also have variable voltage as well as variable wattage- so you have a choice of both.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Does anyone have an idea of the current offerings in the VW department?

I had a Janty mid ordered. But they just canceled all orders. So I am getting that money back. Wearing myself out trying to find all the available VW's. I thought someone may have been keeping track.

Thanks in advance
    Bryan

EVIC $72.98 and free shipping
    Company in NJ
    use coupon code 30% off: happyvapreday
    Quantum Vapor Quantum Vapor Home
    Comes with
    Joyteche eVic kit
    1 x eVic control head
    1 x Battery Tube
    1 x 2600mah battery
    1 x USB charger
    1 x wall adapter
    instruction manuals

If you go for vamo you need batteries and charger which adds to the price About $50.00 + $25.00 more.
    I'm not knocking the vamo I have one.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    Ok then if my assumption is right. Then throughout the life of the carto as the coil gets gunked up. A wattage device should adjust for that?

Yes, because it will adjust according to the resistance. I've experienced Vamo do this with an RBA that was jumping around. I shouldn't have kept using the RBA but it was an interesting experiment.

edking66

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2012
    Southwest Pa
    Ok then if my assumption is right. Then throughout the life of the carto as the coil gets gunked up. A wattage device should adjust for that?

Not really, as the gunk on the coil shouldn't affect the resistance unless it gets on the connection points. I was vaping some dark coffee flavored juice (real gunk producer, but I really like the flavor) and have to bump up the wattage towards the end of the second refill of the clearo.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    Not really, as the gunk on the coil shouldn't affect the resistance unless it gets on the connection points. I was vaping some dark coffee flavored juice (real gunk producer, but I really like the flavor) and have to bump up the wattage towards the end of the second refill of the clearo.

I don't use clearos, but haven't had to change the watts on vivi novas, cartos or RBAs like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread