Custom box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Sooo, I am looking into bottom feeders... My husband says he can assemble one easily, but the box itself is the tricky part. I have a Fistpack/Vaporluxe style battery pack ordered from dealextreme, but the wooden mods and reos are very beautiful... Is there a site where I can get one made to the specs I need? Or perhaps someone here who could do it? Or even someone who would make a CAD file(whatever it's called)...

Neither of us here have ever used any kind of CAD software, or we would go the 3D printing route or something like that for a metal one... I know, I am being picky. I just want it to be pretty. I'll have this thing with me, in public, you know?

I have already looked through threads, and went to all the common sites(and even some I found by google), and none of the boxes really fit the bill.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
The file format you need the cad drawings in for 3D printing is a .stl (STereoLithography)
You will need two files created, the main body of the box and the lid.
Shoot me the drawings you have and be specific on the measurments so the CAD file comes out correct.
I can make the 3D files for you.
Here are some of the ones I have made:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/scubabatdan
Dan

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Okay well, after getting very descriptive with the husband, it turns out my idea is pretty, um, ambitious. I will come back to this thread in a couple weeks when I can have something with the exact dimensions...

Basically I want to make a Provari body, except instead of perfectly round, be more of a pill shape. It would be 23mm x 44mm x 112mm, with a 2mm divider down the middle, and a small hole in the divider about 4/5ths of the way up to feel a tube and wires through.

My goal is to gut a Provari, and use the Provari board, an 18500 battery, and even use a slightly modified Provari top cap in one side, and have the bottle and a usb breakout board also on the top, beside the Provari top cap(kindof centered in the remaining space on top). When I say slightly modified top cap I am thinking drill out the connector, and put in an aftermarket connector so that juice in the drip well can feed into the atomizer, and of course so it will have a center post with a hole in it to feed.

Sooo... too much?

EDIT: I did do some playing with Google Sketchup, and it's actually not too hard to use. I could probably design the body basically how I want it, but the exact width of the chip in the Provari is unknown, so I can't make the slots to hold it in place...

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Okay well, after getting very descriptive with the husband, it turns out my idea is pretty, um, ambitious. I will come back to this thread in a couple weeks when I can have something with the exact dimensions...

Basically I want to make a Provari body, except instead of perfectly round, be more of a pill shape. It would be 23mm x 44mm x 112mm, with a 2mm divider down the middle, and a small hole in the divider about 4/5ths of the way up to feel a tube and wires through.

My goal is to gut a Provari, and use the Provari board, an 18500 battery, and even use a slightly modified Provari top cap in one side, and have the bottle and a usb breakout board also on the top, beside the Provari top cap(kindof centered in the remaining space on top). When I say slightly modified top cap I am thinking drill out the connector, and put in an aftermarket connector so that juice in the drip well can feed into the atomizer, and of course so it will have a center post with a hole in it to feed.

Sooo... too much?

EDIT: I did do some playing with Google Sketchup, and it's actually not too hard to use. I could probably design the body basically how I want it, but the exact width of the chip in the Provari is unknown, so I can't make the slots to hold it in place...

So..... Somthing like this?
Box.jpg

Dan

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Let me know when I am getting close, LOL

ProBox-1.jpg

Dan

Wow that's so cool looking... It would need the button hole 90 degrees from where it's at though, and a spot for the screen window.

Other than that... I guess the "U"-shaped part on top, and the bottom will get caps? Can the caps get rounded edges?

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Wow that's so cool looking... It would need the button hole 90 degrees from where it's at though, and a spot for the screen window.

Other than that... I guess the "U"-shaped part on top, and the bottom will get caps? Can the caps get rounded edges?

No problem, easy fix. And yes can create caps with rounded edges.
Dan

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
That is awesome!!! Okay, have to ask... How big is that opening for the bottle? Like how big of a bottle would that need? And how in the world do you know exactly where to position the window, compared to the button? LOL.

Oh I do see one thing... I see the hole in the divider is toward the bottom, but I think I need it toward the top, so the tube and wires won't need to be so long. Other than that it looks SO perfect!

Hehe I think Im gonna get this media blasted after I get it made, and then put "ProBFari" on the side...

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
That is awesome!!! Okay, have to ask... How big is that opening for the bottle? Like how big of a bottle would that need? And how in the world do you know exactly where to position the window, compared to the button? LOL.

Oh I do see one thing... I see the hole in the divider is toward the bottom, but I think I need it toward the top, so the tube and wires won't need to be so long. Other than that it looks SO perfect!

Hehe I think Im gonna get this media blasted after I get it made, and then put "ProBFari" on the side...

Well a 18mm x 112mm bottle would fit LOL, and the hole can be moved up NP. I have multiple provari's so I just took some measuments.

So, hole goes up here?
probox5.jpg

Dan

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
LOL true! Actually, I meant how tall is the bottle opening, so I know whether or not my 10mL bottles are gonna just fall out or not. I think for it to work right I just need like the middle section of the bottle showing right? Or should it be enough to lift and bring the bottle out the side to refill it? I am really not sure exactly...

Also, if it isn't too much more trouble, it needs a 9mm x 5mm rectangle hole in the top cap, so I can put a mini USB breakout board for onboard charging.

Did I mention my idea was ambitious? LOL

EDIT: Yea hole up there would be perfect!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread