Customer Service Questions: Are there carcinogens in Bloog Liquid Fusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I'm going to start a habit of passing on the answers I or Aileen give to CS questions that we think might also be of interest to others. Some of these will be already old knowledge to our forum regulars, but they might still be of interest to newer Bloogers.

Here's the first, from a question posed by Steven, in Massachusetts:
Hi, do you
know if there is any form of nitrosamines or myosmine in the Bloog ingredients
of the nicotine cartomizers? Thanks!
Hi Steven,

That's a great question, and I don't blame you for wondering. For decades now we've been told that there is no such thing as a less hazardous tobacco product, so it's hard to believe that e-cigarettes don't have the same carcinogens as cigarettes do.

I can't honestly tell you that e-liquids like Bloog's Liquid Fusion don't contain any nitrosamines, myosmine, or other carcinogens. The nicotine in Liquid Fusion and all other e- cigarette liquids is derived from tobacco, so some trace amounts are unavoidable.

What I can say is that they only contain barely detectable trace amounts far, far below the dose threshold necessary to have any effect on the human body, and in amounts no greater than other, FDA approved nicotine replacement therapy products, like the patch. And that out of 20 TSNAs (tobacco-specific nitrosamines) and 60 known carcinogens in cigarettes, FDA testing found only trace amounts of 4 TSNAs, and in amounts barely above the
minimum detectable threshold. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/ScienceResearch/UCM173250.pdf

Here's an article by Dr. Michael Siegal, an anti-tobacco activist and researcher, and professor in the Department of Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health, who neatly summarizes the issue:
http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/07/list-of-identified-known-carcinogens-in.html

Based on the best available scientific
evidence, I have compiled a list of the identified, known carcinogens present at
greater than trace quantities in electronic cigarettes compared to conventional
cigarettes.

Table 1. List of Identified, Known
Carcinogens in Electronic Cigarettes, Present at More than Trace Levels (defined
as 1 nanogram per cigarette)

None

Table 2. List of Identified, Known
Carcinogens in Tobacco Cigarettes, Present at More than Trace Levels (defined as
1 nanogram per
cigarette)

Benz(a)anthracene
Benzo(b)fluoranthene
Benzo(j)fluoranthene
Benzo(k)fluoranthene
Benzo(a)pyrene
Dibenz(a,h)anthracene
Dibenzo(a,l)pyrene
Dibenzo(a,e)pyrene
Indeno(1,2,3-cd)pyrene
Quinolineb