The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Customs in the Netherlands - Please help

Discussion in 'Europe Forum' started by Yodara, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hey guys,

I am a (non-dutch-speaking) international in the Netherlands and I have a question. I ordered liquid from Spicy Vape from Israel for a total value of 60 EUR.

Do I have to pay money to customs in addition to receive my package? And will it be delivered to my place? How is the procedure?

2. Winblows

Winblows Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2017
    Copenhagen (UTC+1)
    Buy things in EU and avoid the customs.

3. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    This is not what I asked. If I wanted to buy in the EU I would obviously do that. Not a helpful reply...

4. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    If you import something from outside the EU then yes, there is a fee associated with that, but you will only be forced to pay it when customs get a hold of your package. Of course you're free to go and pay the fee voluntarily after receiving the package ;)
    I can't tell you what the exact amount is, I don't know anything about NL tax laws. Here in germany it's exactly the VAT (19%) if the purchase price was between 25€ and 150€.

That said, packages from outside the EU containing vaping gear and delivered by PostNL don't have a good track record of reaching germany, they get sent back or destroyed relatively frequently in comparison to other shipping methods. That's mostly from china though so they may have chinese sellers on their radar.
    My rule for ordering from outside the EU is: I'm glad if it reaches me but I have to be prepared to lose it all.
    So far that didn't happen to me :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    #vaperwisdom :thumbs: Luckily I received my package safely:D

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.