The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Customs in the Netherlands - Please help

Discussion in 'EU Legislation' started by Yodara, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hey guys,

I am a (non-dutch-speaking) international in the Netherlands and I have a question. I ordered liquid from Spicy Vape from Israel for a total value of 60 EUR.

Do I have to pay money to customs in addition to receive my package? And will it be delivered to my place? How is the procedure?

2. Leo Bak

Leo Bak Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    If your package will be picked out by customs, which rarely happens, you'll have to pay 21% tax plus appr. €15 administration fee. It depends on which shipper you chose if you're package will be delivered to your home address.

A lot of packages are delivered by PostNL, you can check t&t here: PostNL International Parcel Tracking

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Cheers mate, that is quite a lot of a service fee! It is sent by Israel Post. Let's hope for the best. On the bright side, there is enough liquid for a lifetime in it:D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    It is delivered to my home address, how do I have to pay if that happens? Or where to pick it up?

• Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I think if customs finds you they will hold the package and notify you what to do next. If it arrives safely at your home AFTER clearing customs, you probably don't have to do anything (unless you want to be a model citizen and pay more... but I don't think they will allow your package through as a means to come after you, it's more that you'll pay if they open it, but if they simply send it through, you are pretty much done after that).

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  6. Leo Bak

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Often you'll receive a letter in advance, indicating that you've 'been caught'. You'll have to pay the person that delivers the parcel, in exact change. Is it shipped by PostNL? If so, they'll offer the order at your home address once, when you're not home you can usually pick it up the next day at the pickup-point specified on the paper/notice you'll receive in your mailbox. You can then just pay the amount there.

But again, it rarely happens, maybe once in a ten thousand times, unless it's shipped with DHL or DPD which gives you a 1 out of 5 chance.

I'm starting to wonder what liquid you've ordered all the way from Israel, there are lots of EU addresses you can order from without the customs risks.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Leo Bak

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Right, i missed that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Yeah, it is sent by PostNL. I only ordered there because they had a great offer plus they have Hookah liquid and I wanted to try it. Shesha style. You can google SpicyVape that is the store. Good to know it is unlikely to get caught. Thanks, mate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hardold

Hardold Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    I'm in the Netherlands and I've ordered quite a lot of packages from America. I have been that rare occasion where customs have fined my package, it consisted of 270ml e-juice at a total cost of $35.

It was handled by PostNL and i had to pay about €2,- tax and €13,- handling fee.

For this reason they didn't deliver it to my house but at a nearby post office to pick it up and pay the fine. Didn't mind it too much tho because the deal I got for the juice was even worth it with the fine.

Every other package just went through without intermission, but the general rule of thumb is to stay under €22,- to avoid import taxes I think. I never do that tho and works out fine mostly. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hehe great. These laws suck. And that we need to import because within NL there you only get 10 ml bottles, way to expensive. Have a total of 60 USD.

• Like Like x 1
  11. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    I'll say this, anytime you feel bad about the way they do the laws, look at Thailand and you'll feel a little bit better, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Yodara

Yodara Senior Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Netherlands
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leo Bak

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    You might want to take a look at Save Vape because you can get cheap nic base, VG, PG, and flavouring concentrates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hardold

Hardold Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Interesting, never heard of that store..

They also sell LG HG2's for halve the price I've been buying them, is that site legit?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Leo Bak

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Very legit, excellent service, fast delivery, decent prices, i've been ordering there for years now. They're officially located in Germany, that's why they can still sell nic in higher doses and quantities. (1 liter of 48mg nic base for €65 and free shipping)

For batteries you might want to take a look at either NKON | nkon.nl or DAMPACCU.nl - home (same company). Probably the best batterystore in the EU, AFAIK.

Edit: if 15A cdr is fine with you, maybe these DAMPACCU.nl - Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh - 15A - 18650 batterij are a better option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.