Status
Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Anyone know of a video showing how to cut a CE2. Everything shows how to install an already cut one. Nothing on how to prep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of one because it's pretty straight forward.....about 10mm from the base of the tube, cut with a pipe cutter and then pull off the tubing leaving the base and CE2 innards.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
When you look at the carto from the side you see threads on one end. Use the pipe cutter to cut the
outer housing appx 3/8" of an inch from the threads. You should be left with the threaded end and
3/8" tube with inner guts sticking out. The part of the outer housing that you cut off can be thrown away.
( or save for other uses ) The 3/8" tube is what goes in the bottom plug to seat the CE2 in tank.

It goes without saying you should be using steel CE2's, not clearomisers.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
.... The part of the outer housing that you cut off can be thrown away.
( or save for other uses ) The 3/8" tube is what goes in the bottom plug to seat the CE2 in tank.

It goes without saying you should be using steel CE2's, not clearomisers.

The part you cut off can be sliced into 3/8" pieces and press fit onto clearomizer guts for use in tank mods. :)
(never throw spare parts away LOL)

Silent Soldier

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
Saint Petersburg, Florida USA
The part you cut off can be sliced into 3/8" pieces and press fit onto clearomizer guts for use in tank mods. :)
(never throw spare parts away LOL)

That's exactly what I did with all my clearo's lol. And I still have all the extra tubing, works great for the top part of my tank mods.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Well you could try this, You have nothing to lose but the time if it won't fit a MAP tank (you were going to cut the tube off anyway).

Instead of cutting the tube all the way off, just grind (don't drill) a slot on each side of the tube 1/2" up from the bottom of the atty and push it through the top and bottom tank caps.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok, bear with me, new with the map tank, just learning...Is the only difference between an xl and a regular ce2 just the length? If so then I get what u mean about leaving the rest out of the bottom cap...cool : )

QUOTE=VpnDrgn;3157903]The mini map uses a regular CE2.

Do you use an extension? Use an XL CE2 and cut it up higher on the tube. The extra length sticks out the bottom,
built in clearance. ;)[/QUOTE]

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Ok, bear with me, new with the map tank, just learning...Is the only difference between an xl and a regular ce2 just the length? If so then I get what u mean about leaving the rest out of the bottom cap...cool : )

Yes, just the length and oh yeah, the price. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread