Cyclone Vornado 3-Stage Variable PT Durability??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
the passthrough is actually pretty good, out of all the ones sold i think i had 2 issues out of 100, not bad at all.

You actually have had at least 3 issues... I just didn't report it when mine died after a couple of weeks, it wasn't worth the time on a $25 unit IMO. Berfore it quit, it was pretty cool... mine died towards the end of the C8 v1 issues that we were chatting about in it's thread.

Randy

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Are you sure the devices are failing? Cords fray pretty easy in passthrough since you move them so much. I've use my piper for 4 months I've cut off frayed wire several times and rewired it. Its a good 5 inches shorter now, but I've never had a single issue inside the device.

It wasn't a cord on mine... I heard a light "snap" when I pushed the button, definately the sound of something electonic going out... besides, cords also usually last more than a couple of weeks before they start having connection issues... usually

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
IDK GPS done gone'n broke
Thanks Bad, any reports on longevity? About 90% of my vaping is via a passthrough, till ordering the Piper 3 stage vv unit from GV ages ago (and a couple more when it quit from another vendor) was using 5v PT's with this nifty little unit tenergy.jpg

Went back to this when my last Piper gave up the ghost...alas the button/switch on my last working 5v pt quit. And that has been my main peeve with any PT unit...switches give out after 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months (best guess as never kept close track)
the Pipers in the lower range of durability.

The above tenergy deal has worked great but a pain to have to move it and the psu when needed. Loved the convenience of the Piper vv at home and in the car, just lifespan vs cost not viable $$$ wise.

may be stingy/unreasonable but if the Cyclone Vornado is not going to last 6 months or so as my primary vaping device, is not for me. hence this thread. Am on a fixed disability income so coin is very very tight. Feeding what was a 3-4 pack a day analog habit (bulk "pipe" tobacco filter tubes and a cigarette machine) with 30ml 24mg DIY juice a week @ oh 4,50 or so. (Fresh 1000ml of unflavored 48mg @ 55.00 or abouts shipped (on sale) in da fridge lol... so the weekly juice cost may even be lower now:vapor:

Was the analog cost that started me vaping around three years ago, health concerns secondary.

I am investigating building my own vv pt with meter where I can replace the switch and pot quickly and easily as needed. With swappable usb and direct to lighter socket cords... slow boat from China on the components though (something GV is sometimes painfully aware heh) once I get the led meter sorted

But do the love the ease and convenience a few clicks to change volts vs a pot and handy dandy colored vs leds indicating voltage level I encountered with the Piper unit from GV, just it and the others did not last long enough to justify the cost :(

If these guys can hold up mayhaps a viable purchase.. can live with 4v vs 4.2v I think.

Any plans to offer the pt unit on it's own without a cartomizer to lessen cost a plus have enough attys and fluxos and such to last over a year easy lol...Though could not resist ordering a pack of your new Fluxo Supremes, since it looks like the cup cap should work with the older generations I have on hand.

Thanks Man.

Last edited:

prole

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
IDK GPS done gone'n broke
Are you sure the devices are failing? Cords fray pretty easy in passthrough since you move them so much. I've use my piper for 4 months I've cut off frayed wire several times and rewired it. Its a good 5 inches shorter now, but I've never had a single issue inside the device.

No fraying on my piper cords that I can detect and took to reinforcing electrical tape, hot glue, silicone etc. where the cord enters the various pt units ages ago. So don't think was the issue with my failed Pipers. Switch or pcb problem.... think I negated the pin issue on the pipers with 510 extension that was left installed till the button or pcb quit.

Last edited:

Tom950

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Wondering how rugged this vv passthrough is? Really liked the Piper units for the short time they worked....though the straight 5v pts I have used (with a tenergy dc-dv vv board) in the past were not very long lived either button/switch wise either.

Mine lasted a little over a week before dying a blinking death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread