Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I've had my Reo for a little over a month now and while I was very impressed with the Reomizer 2.0 I was curious what other bottom fed RDAs had to offer. I had an A7 and...it was okay. I decided to go high end and ordered a Cyclone with all the accoutrements ($60 for the standard Cyclone and another $60 for the top cap and AFC).

For those unaware, micro-coils are very small diameter coils wound very tight (typically using a 1/16" drill bit or a 16, 17, or 18 gauge needle) with a cotton wick (although other wick materials have been used successfully). The coils need to be touching and the result is an evenly heating coil (no hot legs at all) that puts out the vapor and flavor of a sub-ohm coil at super-ohm ranges (1.0 to 2.0 ohms typically although higher ohms work well with VV devices).

Cyclone vs. RM2

Aesthetically the Cyclone is pretty spiffy. Here's a couple of pictures:

I've only been using micro-coils since I got the Reo so I built two identical 1.5 ohm coils with nine wraps of 30 awg Kanthal on an 18 gauge needle. I don't have pics of the Cyclone with the 1.5 ohm coil but that's the nice thing about micro-coils...they always come out the same.

Here's the coil on the Reo. This coil has been in use about two weeks and has been freshly dry burned.

Warm.

Warmer.

Whoa!

And with a fresh cotton wick.

Synopsis: Both atomizers put out a respectable amount of vapor but the draw on the RM2 was a little more comfortable than the Cyclone. In addition the Cyclone holds a very small amount of juice opposed to the RM2. Both were easy to work with but I was always afraid I was going to lose the allen wrench for the Cyclone. It's tiny! Also, the Cyclone tended to heat up more than the RM2 (which has a ceramic base).

The Cyclone has a sleek look but the RM2s draw, juice capacity, and lack of heating issues as well as the need for only a small screwdriver for building makes it the winner in my book.

The Cyclone with Air Flow Control is a different animal but with the AFC attached it won't fit on the Reo. Here's a pic of it on the Magneto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread