Cync by Vape Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
This thread is for discussion of Vape Forward's Cync closed vaping system.

For those who don't know and/or are curious about what a closed vaping system or pod mod is, they generally consist of two pieces: (1) a body or battery housing and (2) a pod which is comprised of a mouthpiece, liquid reservoir and a coil and wick. The pod is inserted into the body. The batteries are activated by placing the mouthpiece in the mouth and then inhaling. No buttons. When you stop inhaling, power is no longer delivered to the coil. Simple as can be. The pods are designed to be disposable so when the reservoir is empty, they are discarded and a new pod is inserted. Most (possibly all) pods can easily be refilled by the user, though. The devices are charged via a micro USB port by using a (surprise) micro USB cable. Some of the devices also have battery banks than can be purchased and used for charging.

On to the Cync. The Cync has three different styles of battery:

battery_micro_grande.png
battery_standard_grande.png
battery_stealth_1_grande.png

All three are functionally the same. The Micro and Standard, as can be seen, are more of a pen-style. The Micro is obviously smaller and as such contains a smaller battery (200 mAh vs 380 mAh). The Stealth also contains a 380 mAh battery but is more easily concealed in the palm and is about the size of a Zippo lighter though not as thick. The USB ports of these devices are located on the bottom of each device. The Standard battery can be purchased as part of a starter pack which includes the battery, a micro USB cable, and 1 1.5ml pod (there are four liquid flavors to choose from). The Micro and Stealth batteries are only available on their own and do not include a micro USB cable. The Standard can also be purchased outside of a starter pack.

Cync pods:
j2TneDT.jpg

I was unable to find a pic of a pod that was not inside the battery so I took one of my own. This is a 2.5ml pod. The pods are also available in 1.5ml. The 2.5ml pods are available in the following nicotine levels: 6, 12, 18. The 1.5ml pods are available in 24mg of nicotine for most juices and in 45mg of nicotine for the NJoy juices which use nicotine salts. Several e liquid companies have pods available for the Cync: Beard Vape Co. (which also includes Pour House, Vapor Maid, The Essentials and Super Strudel lines), Cosmic Fog, Cuttwood, Five Pawns, Glas, NJoy, Space Jam and Vape Forward Basics (which were produced by Five Pawns and consists of two liquids - Tobacco and Menthol Tobacco).

The Cync batteries and pods are available at Cync E-Juice Refills and Accessories

Last edited:

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Now with all of that out of the way, I'll give some of my thoughts on the Cync (which I've done elsewhere but oh well).

I LOVE this device. Simple to use and gives an extremely satisfying vape. It's perfect to bring to work or when I'm out-and-about doing errands or just going to dinner with my wife. The flavor is good though it's not going to match the intensity of a good RDA or RTA. The vapor production is more than enough for me but will probably be lackluster for people who are used to the production of the newer sub ohm tanks or airy RDAs. But that's not what the Cync (or other pod mods) are designed for. It's made for simplicity so the smoker who wants to quit can pick one up and have a satisfying experience. The Cync succeeds at this. IMO, it's not just for the smoker turned new vaper, it's for most vapers out there. Most of us want something simple and discrete for those times when carrying a bulky box mod with juice bottles and batteries just isn't practical.

A word about the nicotine strength of the pods. There are no 0mg or 3mg pods. I know this may seem like a bummer to some people. Trust me, it's fine. I have been using only 3mg liquids for the last year to year and a half. I saw the nicotine levels and I was concerned. I initially purchased 6mg pods expecting for them to be too strong for me. To my surprise, I found that 6mg in this device is not enough! Vaping 6mg in the Cync "feels" weaker than dripping 3mg liquids. So I stepped up to 12mg pods with my next order. I find that, for me, 12mg is fine. It doesn't give me headaches or that woozy, nic sick feeling.

If this device had been around when I first switched to vaping, I'd have saved a lot of money and effort. In fact, it's fast becoming the only device I use even when at home.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thanks for the thread, something I am looking at trying, but have spent too much for now. :facepalm:
I know the feeling. I'm already in love with the Cync so I'm biased but I definitely think it's worth trying. I have no experience with the other pod mods (though I am curious to try the MyJet and My.Von Erl) so I can't compare them. I do have an iCare and, IMO, the Cync blows it away.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
Thanks for the thread. Have you tried refilling the pod with any other liquids? At a glance it would seem like the icare/icare mini or myjet would have an advantage because we can refill.

The Cync pods have a small plug that you can remove. I use a needle because the first time I pushed the plug into the pod and that was that.

Anyway ... with the plug removed you can fill it with the liquid of your choice. That is one of the things that drew me to it. There is a YouTube video of course.
:)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I know the feeling. I'm already in love with the Cync so I'm biased but I definitely think it's worth trying. I have no experience with the other pod mods (though I am curious to try the MyJet and My.Von Erl) so I can't compare them. I do have an iCare and, IMO, the Cync blows it away.
I have 2 My.Von Erl's, not impressed with the flavor they produce (their juice sucks IMO, so I refilled them), but not a bad device. At some point I am sure I will try a Cync, but I'll wait until they are more readily available. :) Not impressed with the flavor of the iCare either, I have some rebuilding material on the way and am going to see if I can rebuild the coils to work better, only time will tell. :D

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
This thread is for discussion of Vape Forward's Cync closed vaping system.

For those who don't know and/or are curious about what a closed vaping system or pod mod is, they generally consist of two pieces: (1) a body or battery housing and (2) a pod which is comprised of a mouthpiece, liquid reservoir and a coil and wick. The pod is inserted into the body. The batteries are activated by placing the mouthpiece in the mouth and then inhaling. No buttons. When you stop inhaling, power is no longer delivered to the coil. Simple as can be. The pods are designed to be disposable so when the reservoir is empty, they are discarded and a new pod is inserted. Most (possibly all) pods can easily be refilled by the user, though. The devices are charged via a micro USB port by using a (surprise) micro USB cable. Some of the devices also have battery banks than can be purchased and used for charging.

On to the Cync. The Cync has three different styles of battery:

battery_micro_grande.png
battery_standard_grande.png
battery_stealth_1_grande.png

All three are functionally the same. The Micro and Standard, as can be seen, are more of a pen-style. The Micro is obviously smaller and as such contains a smaller battery (200 mAh vs 380 mAh). The Stealth also contains a 380 mAh battery but is more easily concealed in the palm and is about the size of a Zippo lighter though not as thick. The USB ports of these devices are located on the bottom of each device. The Standard battery can be purchased as part of a starter pack which includes the battery, a micro USB cable, and 1 1.5ml pod (there are four liquid flavors to choose from). The Micro and Stealth batteries are only available on their own and do not include a micro USB cable. The Standard can also be purchased outside of a starter pack.

Cync pods:
j2TneDT.jpg

I was unable to find a pic of a pod that was not inside the battery so I took one of my own. This is a 2.5ml pod. The pods are also available in 1.5ml. The 2.5ml pods are available in the following nicotine levels: 6, 12, 18. The 1.5ml pods are available in 24mg of nicotine for most juices and in 45mg of nicotine for the NJoy juices which use nicotine salts. Several e liquid companies have pods available for the Cync: Beard Vape Co. (which also includes Pour House, Vapor Maid, The Essentials and Super Strudel lines), Cosmic Fog, Cuttwood, Five Pawns, Glas, NJoy, Space Jam and Vape Forward Basics (which were produced by Five Pawns and consists of two liquids - Tobacco and Menthol Tobacco).

The Cync batteries and pods are available at Cync E-Juice Refills and Accessories
Where did you read that the Njoy juices uses nicotine salts? I've read that the Juul uses them but have never seen that stated on the Njoy site or anywhere else "official" though someone on Reddit said it. Doesn't matter to me I like the Njoy menthol, just curious.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Has anyone tried the njoy 4.5% (1.5ml) pods lately? I tried them ( a total of 6 ) when they first came out and they were horrible. Nothing but juice in the mouth and little no to vapor, all of them. I hear they had new pods, but did not want to waste the money to see if they work now. I love the classic tobacco 4.5% and pretty much use dailies as my vape. But I really wanted the cync to work, but I never tried anything else or the pods lately because it was junk in my opinion. Thanks for the information if anyone has tried the newer pods. I know people said the 2.5 ml worked pretty well, it was the the 1.5 ml that were having problems. They do not use the 4.5% in the 2.5 ml pods though.

Reactions: David Wolf

JustEliquidsDistro

Unresolved Status
Nov 14, 2016
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Has anyone tried the njoy 4.5% (1.5ml) pods lately? I tried them ( a total of 6 ) when they first came out and they were horrible. Nothing but juice in the mouth and little no to vapor, all of them. I hear they had new pods, but did not want to waste the money to see if they work now. I love the classic tobacco 4.5% and pretty much use dailies as my vape. But I really wanted the cync to work, but I never tried anything else or the pods lately because it was junk in my opinion. Thanks for the information if anyone has tried the newer pods. I know people said the 2.5 ml worked pretty well, it was the the 1.5 ml that were having problems. They do not use the 4.5% in the 2.5 ml pods though.
I have some on order with my Cync kit should be in Thursday I will let you know how they do. I came close to ordering a juul but will wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread