• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Rule For Good Housekeeping:

6. If men were meant to hang their clothes up, the doorknobs would be bigger.
7. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
8. Thou shalt not weigh more than your refrigerator.
9. Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
To God.com

Dear Lord, every single evening as I'm lying here in bed, this tiny little prayer keeps running through my head: God bless all my family, wherever they may be. Keep them warm and safe from harm for they mean so much to me.
And God, there is one more thing I wish that you could do. I hope you don't mind me asking, please bless my computer too.
Now I know that it's unusual to bless a motherboard, but listen just a second while I explain it to you.
Lord, you see that little metal box holds more than odds and ends; inside those small compartments rest so many of my friends.
I know so much about them by the kindness that they give, and the little scraps of metal takes me into where they live.
By faith is how I know them, much the same as you. We share in what life brings us and from that our friendships grew.
Please take an extra minute from your duties up above, to bless those in my address book that's filled with so much love.
Wherever else this prayer may reach to each and every friend. Bless each e-mail inbox and each person who hits 'send'.
When you update your Heavenly list on your own great CD-ROM. Bless everyone who says this prayer sent up to God.com.

Amen.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow them, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2000 years ago followed a star, week after week until it led them to a parking space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread