Damn Vape Fresia MTL/RL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah I hate it when its stationary on the tracker.
Nah you'll beat me for sure. Mine'll be sitting in some warehouse in China at least till the 15th. Then a hungover Chinese fella will probably be pushing it around some (cause he won't have the will, nor the strength to pick it up) for at least a few days, until it makes it out that door...only then will my counting start....:facepalm:

Reactions: DPLongo22

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
Just ordered the gunmetal from MFS. They're only 80 miles up I-85 from here so it should be here by late week/ I just knew it would drive me nuts waiting on the CNY to pass.

On the other hand, I was talking with a friend who just started vaping...told him when he gets ready to start rebuilding to let me know. Told him I'd give him a few as I have so many RTAs that it should be the 8th Deadly Sin.:facepalm:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Ah @Katya, i'm depressed already by that thought. I just can't get used to this waiting thing.
    Maybe @AngeNZ will pop hers to me in the overnight courier.... I can have a few puffs and I send it back the next night :w00t:

You're dreaming mate ;)

Only rta I'd happily part with is my vapefly galaxies rta - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tight for me :rolleyes:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    From the Damn Vape instagram site:

fresia_n.jpg

fresia739_n.jpg

fresia5_n.jpg

free695_n.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    proxy.php

I have a confession to make. Not only did I order my Fresia from 3FVape, sorry Ange, I just got an email that my order has been shipped. :confused: o_O

Good, I'm glad you got one AND that it has been shipped. I was only teasing about 3fvape ;)

Cute pigtails BTW :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I think I just learned to not do a comb out on the wick when using a 2.5mm coil in this atty. Getting some leakage.

Oh, man - I hope this is an exception not a rule. That's the one thing that will kill it for me.

I lean towards 3.0 coils, with a good chunk of cotton. I don't know if that matters but I'll remain optimistic. The last thing I need is another Digiflavor Siren. :facepalm:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Oh, man - I hope this is an exception not a rule. That's the one thing that will kill it for me.

I lean towards 3.0 coils, with a good chunk of cotton. I don't know if that matters but I'll remain optimistic. The last thing I need is another Digiflavor Siren. :facepalm:

I do not have any full leaks on mine but also had some sipping when I thinned wick.... I do not want to sound alarmist but this tank can be finicky to wick. I do not like it after a week as much as on first day. After a day of use I noticed a tank not wick as well as in the beginning so I rewicked looser and after a while story repeats... my draw produced hotter less flavorful vape and amount of vapor was smaller and that is good indication that cotton is starved for juice... I also noticed no air bubbles... when I unscrew top filling cup huge air bubble showed up... it looks like vacume build up cause poor juice transport through wick.

I did not had real dry hits but I know that poor wicking cause flavor degradation and harshness so I decided to comb wick even more but after doing it I had some small leak. Well I will experiment further but I am disappointed because my first impression were so great... flavor and draw were perfect... but maybe I am not as good at wicking as I thought.:(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I do not have any full leaks on mine but also had some sipping when I thinned wick.... I do not want to sound alarmist but this tank can be finicky to wick. I do not like it after a week as much as on first day. After a day of use I noticed a tank not wick as well as in the beginning so I rewicked looser and after a while story repeats... my draw produced hotter less flavorful vape and amount of vapor was smaller and that is good indication that cotton is starved for juice... I also noticed no air bubbles... when I unscrew top filling cup huge air bubble showed up... it looks like vacume build up cause poor juice transport through wick.

I did not had real dry hits but I know that poor wicking cause flavor degradation and harshness so I decided to comb wick even more but after doing it I had some small leak. Well I will experiment further but I am disappointed because my first impression were so great... flavor and draw were perfect... but maybe I am not as good at wicking as I thought.:(

Thanks, Janusz.

If this thing turns out to be a loser, after all the reviewers slobbered all over it, I will officially be done believing even one single word out of any of their mouths.

I encouraged Kat to buy them because they were being unilaterally "lapped up", and I'm starting to feel like a total fool for buying into it.

I'll withhold judgment until I've had a chance to play with them, but you've seen & used enough that I'm concerned.

If so, I'll owe her an apology (and a bit of coin too, methinks). :|

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Thanks, Janusz.

If this thing turns out to be a loser, after all the reviewers slobbered all over it, I will officially be done believing even one single word out of any of their mouths.

I encouraged Kat to buy them because they were being unilaterally "lapped up", and I'm starting to feel like a total fool for buying into it.

I'll withhold judgment until I've had a chance to play with them, but you've seen & used enough that I'm concerned.

If so, I'll owe her an apology (and a bit of coin too, methinks). :|

Well, I feel guilty also... good lesson learned not to be enthusiastic based on first impressions. I will tinker with this tank because when it works it is great and problem with wicking can be on my side. I will try different builds... so far I rewicked three times with two different coils and freshly wicked works great...problems start usually after couple hours later... and maybe not all Fresias act that way... unscrewing top cup for a moment fix the problem for a while but it is for sure annoying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread