Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I don't think there's much wrong with your wicking @Janusz - you've been doing it for a while now ;) I'm a compulsive comber/fluffer/thinner with cotton - maybe it just likes a wick similar to the doggy - stuff and poke :blink:

@NolaMel has also been guinea pig testing the fresia, she can chime in with her thoughts :wub:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Well, I feel guilty also... good lesson learned not to be enthusiastic based on first impressions. I will tinker with this tank because when it works it is great and problem with wicking can be on my side. I will try different builds... so far I rewicked three times with two different coils and freshly wicked works great...problems start usually after couple hours later... and maybe not all Fresias act that way... unscrewing top cup for a moment fix the problem for a while but it is for sure annoying.

If it's any more work than my Dawgs, Erls or GoTanks, it'll be jettisoned. They're all easy.

I like easy. ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Oh dear.

Thanks, Janusz.

If this thing turns out to be a loser, after all the reviewers slobbered all over it, I will officially be done believing even one single word out of any of their mouths.

I encouraged Kat to buy them because they were being unilaterally "lapped up", and I'm starting to feel like a total fool for buying into it.

I'll withhold judgment until I've had a chance to play with them, but you've seen & used enough that I'm concerned.

If so, I'll owe her an apology (and a bit of coin too, methinks). :|

YOU didn't encourage. I'm the one who ran to the "florist". This one's on me, sweets.

I have a feeling that both of us/we won't have a prob as we're both wicking unintentionals, and perhaps beginner's luck will play out for the best in this case.

50% optimistic. ;)

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    50% optimistic. ;)

Correct! Rayon it is. Cut to just meet the deck, only trimmed if it looks too tight in the holes. I do comb the tips just a touch to unbunch the rayon from cutting. I probably have a 3 in it. (Guessing since I think it was the last tank I built, and I had a 3mm jig set when I went to build a coil for an rda today). It’s at 0.7ish. So far, it’s been a very forgiving tank, not leaking or difficult to wick.
    I don’t have much patience for finicky tanks. When the True is built just perfectly, flavor and performance are great. When it’s not, vapor lock and dry hits. I stuck it in the drawer after about 6 builds, 50% success rate. Fresia flavor is great, and it just works. Airier than the True (suits me better) if that’s important to you.

@NolaMel ,we need an intervention here--STAT! :lol:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Well, I feel guilty also... good lesson learned not to be enthusiastic based on first impressions. I will tinker with this tank because when it works it is great and problem with wicking can be on my side. I will try different builds... so far I rewicked three times with two different coils and freshly wicked works great...problems start usually after couple hours later... and maybe not all Fresias act that way... unscrewing top cup for a moment fix the problem for a while but it is for sure annoying.
    I had the same problem with the True, but not with the Fresia. How are you wicking it? So far, I’ve found it to be easy, or it just likes the way I cram rayon into it

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @NolaMel ,we need an intervention here--STAT! :lol:
    I can pull it apart tomorrow and post pictures of what’s in it as long as everyone pinky swears not to dirty coil shame me :oops:. It’s plugging along like a trooper, but I’m sure it needs changing.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    :shock: Erlkonigin is the most difficult atty to coil. If you can wick an Erl, you can wick anything, dear. :lol:

:vapor:

It's weird, Katya. I thought it was going to be brutal, but after the first time, I realized how easy it was for me. Took to it like it was a piece of Lou Malnati's (awesome!) Chicago pie. :wub:

Mr. Earls are a piece o' kake to wick. I little off the top, and Bob's yer Uncle!

:thumb:

I had the same problem with the True, but not with the Fresia. How are you wicking it? So far, I’ve found it to be easy, or it just likes the way I cram rayon into it

Thanks, Mel. You give me/us hope.

I can pull it apart tomorrow and post pictures of what’s in it as long as everyone pinky swears not to dirty coil shame me :oops:. It’s plugging along like a trooper, but I’m sure it needs changing.

You're among friends here. Everyone here has seen my dirt.

So to speak. :blink:

:laugh:

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Have you done much business with VapeSourcing? I heard of a problem recently but I swear I remember ordering from them a long time ago and all was fine.

Very little. I think @Katdarling had just one previous order with them. No issues with the order, but not much of a sample to work with. I doubt she'll come in with a "strong' recommendation, but we were okay with our limited experience (knock wood).

If I were buying today, I'd probably go to MyFreedomSmokes and pay a bit more. It would get to you in a few days, while ours should arrive sometime early March.

I think I saw a code (this thread, maybe?) that brought the price to around $25(ish).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    @Katya - I appear to be the odd person out (no surprise) in that I find the Erls to be my best vape, with the Dawgs relegated to #2. I think the doggies are awesome, but my best vape comes from an Erl.

I don't mind that nobody feels the same. It's vape, and how does that old saying go? Oh yeah!

"Taste is subjective."

;) :lol:

I love them, yet I understand perfectly that a lot of people hate them. I don't take it personally. :rolleyes:

Erls_WAE-Radius_20190209_081547.jpg

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Very little. I think @Katdarling had just one previous order with them. No issues with the order, but not much of a sample to work with. I doubt she'll come in with a "strong' recommendation, but we were okay with our limited experience (knock wood).

If I were buying today, I'd probably go to MyFreedomSmokes and pay a bit more. It would get to you in a few days, while ours should arrive sometime early March.

I think I saw a code (this thread, maybe?) that brought the price to around $25(ish).
    They have a US Warehouse page. That's something I don't remember from the last time.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    AFD407EC-050D-483E-B584-FC4609B56360.jpeg 18DCB1B4-287F-4295-A09C-7599C23930CF.jpeg AA15E271-2387-4879-AB2F-C19B0A736821.jpeg 41CE1D1E-DBD2-4209-8295-C5EE56AA5E1B.jpeg 6E403DFD-2BD0-44CC-89F9-38DC43A15E6B.jpeg
    I reused the coil as I have just been informed company is coming in 30 minutes to watch the basketball game ( no, I did not wring Himself’s neck as he thinks 30 minutes is ample prep time :rolleyes:). Same 3.0 coil, rayon just tight enough to not pull the coil. As I thread it in, if it starts moving the coil, I take the dental pick and strip off just a bit from the side getting ready to go into the coil. Cut to rough length, comb out the cut end to loosen the threads, trim off excess. (I had to trim again after test fitting. i took pics as I wicked) Push through wick holes, spread it out on the deck, pull the wick out a bit between the coil and the screw deck so it can breathe (crappy pic, but you get the idea). I dry wick then wet because a) can’t stand goopy juice under my nails and b) it’s easier for me to get the wick adjusted.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    That's great stuff, Mel - THANKS!

Based on that, I'm semi optimistic that my simple "stuff & shove" method might work out okay. Hopeful, because I REALLY like the looks...

This is a prepped coil (in waiting) on a GoTank. I'm hoping La Fleur is similar to the Go, because I like that one a lot too. It looked like it might be (similar), which contributed to the quick trigger fingers.

Time. It's telling. :)

GoTankWick_20190209_155252.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread