• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Damnit ! eVic or Lavatube ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
IMO you should be thinking eVic or Vamo--not Lavatube

Exactly what I was thinking. Both are VV *and* VW, the Vamo is cheap and has been pretty well performing for everyone who has tried it. The eVic is more expensive, with more features and so far seems ok, but definitely has some bugs - that hopefully will be fixed with an update as IT_guy said.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Technically, the eVic isn't really VW -- not yet anyway. You can set the wattage if you want, but all that does is do a one-time set of the voltage based on resistance. It doesn't dynamically adjust voltage whenever you put a new carto or clearo on. I'm hoping they address this in the next firmware update.

The Vamo is true VW.

That said, if you had to choose, I'd take the chance on the eVic simply because it's software-upgradable, and thus, and bugs or shortcoming it has right now can probably be fixed with a firmware update, rather than forcing you to buy a new version of the device.

darren molnar

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada
I predict the new lava tube 2.0 will go down in history as the last of the mass market high end APVs to not offer variable wattage. (wake up Provari, don't hit the snooze button again).
I think it's a crying shame that they didn't see the boat coming and add it to the chip, because I think it's beautiful. Love the size, the design, the finishes,colours, all of it. it look so well thought out and solid and tasteful. If it had wattage it would be the one I'd be saving money for, til then, I'll make do with cheapo fall apart zmaxes and vamos.
Eviv should be punished with our wallets for not having version one worked out better. Really? low amp limit? No true wattage? Are you following the community at all?
( grumpy this morning, please forgive )

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
+1 for the Vamo. It's hard to argue with $50 for a true VV/VW device.

I lost my Provari a few weeks ago and I opted for a Vamo until the Christmas buying frenzy is over, but now I'm starting to reconsider even buying another Provari because the Vamo has completely blown me away.

Sorry for you loss Phil, I know how you loved that Provari, but I'm happy that you fell in love with the Vamo, and I've done the same, since I received it I barely gave any love to my other mods (except my reos when I drive the car) and YES the Vamo is awesome for the price point and definitly a go-to mod for anyone to get.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the MiD. It is small, light, software controlled, and real-time VV/VW too.

The software that drives the MiD is where it truly shines--such devices are the future of high-end vaping. Total control of the vape-curve, down to a fraction of a second, across the power range.

Mid Series

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
I'm not swift in the tech department :oops: so the eVic intimidates me. The Vamo is my baby, I love it. So much so that I got a second.

It doesn't intimidate me but after working on servers all day the LAST thing I'll want to do is have to troubleshoot a software bug in my mod. If the software is stable I'll consider one

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
Technically, the eVic isn't really VW -- not yet anyway. You can set the wattage if you want, but all that does is do a one-time set of the voltage based on resistance. It doesn't dynamically adjust voltage whenever you put a new carto or clearo on. I'm hoping they address this in the next firmware update.

The Vamo is true VW.

That said, if you had to choose, I'd take the chance on the eVic simply because it's software-upgradable, and thus, and bugs or shortcoming it has right now can probably be fixed with a firmware update, rather than forcing you to buy a new version of the device.

Been trying to explain this huge misconception to anyone that will listen. The eVic is not a true vw, even though Joye is completely skating the issue here. If you spend the money Joye is asking for the eVic, we expect the latest & greatest in vaping technology, and as we speak, that involves true vv/vw. Sorry, waiting for the 2nd coming of the upgrade is not very reassuring. I haven't seen any documentation that the upgrade will address this from Joye. As far as we know, it will be eVic v2 that deals with that....been there, done that!

That being said, for $30-40 you can get the latest/greatest from a vaping standpoint....the Vamo may look like a Bamboo stick, but it performs like a Mercedes SLS AMG.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the MiD. It is small, light, software controlled, and real-time VV/VW too.

The software that drives the MiD is where it truly shines--such devices are the future of high-end vaping. Total control of the vape-curve, down to a fraction of a second, across the power range.

Mid Series

Indeed, this is the direction vaping needs to go. If the battery life is comparable to an 18650, then at that size, with those features, it's a giant leap forward.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Mid Series

The MiD looks like an interesting device, however on top of a really "Cadillac" MSRP of $142, they expect you to shell out another $50 to unlock all the features of the device. No way I'm paying that much for a fat vw/vv ego with programmable firmware. Forget it. For that price it better be platinum plated and shine my bloody shoes while its at it.

Plus, 550mah cells? Seriously?

Give me those features, in a device that takes 18650 or 18350s stacked that looks like a provari or zmax, doesn't require me to carry around a laptop (ex. have a nice OLED screen), at a price around $100 without making me pay more to unlock all device features and I'm game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread