Damnvape Mongrel Rda Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Mohler

Oct 29, 2019
So I recently purchased the Damnvape Mongrel Rda, and I’ve been squonking with it. I know that it’s supposed to squonk into the side channels where the wicks sit. But I’ve noticed that when I take the cap off to see how it’s squonking the juice is coming into the airflow channel below the deck as well as the juice channels, and I’ve had to blow juice out of the airflow. Has anyone else noticed this, or had an issue with it?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
So I recently purchased the Damnvape Mongrel Rda, and I’ve been squonking with it. I know that it’s supposed to squonk into the side channels where the wicks sit. But I’ve noticed that when I take the cap off to see how it’s squonking the juice is coming into the airflow channel below the deck as well as the juice channels, and I’ve had to blow juice out of the airflow. Has anyone else noticed this, or had an issue with it?
I have a Mongrel, and haven't had this occur AT ALL. Actually one of the things I DON'T like about the Mongrel (not really much of a complaint) is that I can squonk it and squonk it, and I don't SEE liquid coming up when I peek down through the driptip - which I'm used to doing to check that I'm thoroughly squonked and ready for a big draw, lol.

Have you got the airflow thingy inserted? Not even certain how critical that is - but it's supposed to be there, and I don't know - maybe it partly prevents liquid from getting back down into the airflow areas?
Sorry I haven't got an answer - but mine has been totally gurgle-free...

upload_2021-9-20_16-0-10.png

• Informative
Reactions: Fidola13

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I don't have that one, but some RDAs are better suited for BF than others.
Never liked bottom air RDAs for squonking, too easy to over squonk.

I have that problem with the Elder Dragon. I’ve just about stopped using as a bf atty. if I’m not paying PARTICULAR attention then I overquonk! So it’s retired to dripping. It’s got such beautiful flavor.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread