Mech box mod issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicardi

Feb 1, 2018
View attachment 722031
In the upper left corner there should be a screw holding the tube/bottle pin in place. I would start there. After taking off, you can clean the contacts with hot soapy water, be sure to let them completely dry. Put it back together and give it a whirl :)
Hope this helps get ya started at least :)

THANK YOU! This was the issue I was having, I thought that the screw would remove what appeared to be the door covering where the contacts were. Just unscrewed it again, removed the pin and given it a clean, all is sorted! Thanks again for your help :)

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Yup, being able to clean the contacts is essential on a mechanical mod.

I would never buy a mechanical that you couldn’t strip for cleaning. I don’t see how any company can think that’s a good idea. If you buy a mod like that, it will end up in the bin.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
THANK YOU! This was the issue I was having, I thought that the screw would remove what appeared to be the door covering where the contacts were. Just unscrewed it again, removed the pin and given it a clean, all is sorted! Thanks again for your help :)

Can you post pics of what you did for the "next person " ?

Epicardi

Feb 1, 2018
B29656DD-87FF-480D-ABBC-DF6117BA2078.jpeg

I was under the impression that this screw in the top left would release a door/cover to access the contacts, when I unscrewed it and nothing budged, I had no idea how to clean it or what to clean it with.
7490DE26-89B8-4D0E-BBED-F957BE400C32.jpeg

That screw actually releases the squonk pin (which I unfortunately can not remove right now to show you, sorry). The picture shows that you can just about see/access the contacts from below. As someone suggested above, I removed the pin and then used a small cut out of inkless business card to go in between the button and the contact, pressed the button, then pulled the card out and repeated this until there was no mark being left on the card.

Apologies for making it seem like I had no idea about mech mods or cleaning them, I poorly phrased what I was trying to ask as this device had truly stumped me.

Thanks for the help everyone and I hope this helps someone else with a similar issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread