smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    If you mix them down to a reasonable level, I don't see why not. I definitely wouldn't sub ohm 25-50mg. Folks tend to lower their nic when switching because of the concentration.

But, that's just me. Plus, I don't use salts.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I apologize now if I mess up b cos new . I’ve read that it’s dangerous to use salt liquid in a high wattage sub ohm , how serious do you have to take this and it says it can make you ill but no details . I need details

Consumption in higher ohm pod devices is far lower than in sub ohm devices.

So if you vape 35mg/ml nicotine in a pod where your only vaping 1 and a half ml per day, your consuming far less than if you were in a mod going through 5 to 10 ml per day.

Generally speaking, we adjust our nicotine level according to both our needs and our consumption levels.

So if your needs run around 90mg of nicotine a day, depending on consumption your going to adjust to either a higher level in a low consumption device, or a lower level in a higher consumption device.

I use salts and mix for myself @ 3mg/ml. So it's not the salts perse to be wary of, but the levels your them vaping at.

If your buying 35mg salts your needing to be wary of how much your actually using, because you can easily get nicotine sickness and those types of levels shouldn't be used in a higher consumption device

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Unfortunately supply here is limited so it’s get what you can and it’s either really low or high middle is 25mg because now supply from UK stopped I’ve been buying salt because nothing else . Anyway I just put it in my arc evo with 0.5 atti and wow I loved it , blew my head off but then started to feel woozy after a few weeks so had to tone it down . Comments please

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Using nicotine salts in a high wattage setup is not, in itself, a problem. It depends on the nicotine concentration. If it's too high, you'll get too much nicotine which will make you "nic sick". Common symptoms:
    • Nausea
    • Dizziness
    • Headache
    • Tiredness
    If you have any sense, upon experiencing nic sickness you will pause your vaping and switch to lower nic juice before continuing. If you don't have sense, you'll keep vaping until you're too busy retching to vape. It will be a profoundly unpleasant experience, but unless you manage to keep vaping through the sickness, you're unlikely to do yourself permanent damage inhaling commercially-available nicotine juices. (Ingesting them is a different story. It can kill you, as can skin contact with high levels of nicotine.)

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Consumption in higher ohm pod devices is far lower than in sub ohm devices.

So if you vape 35mg/ml nicotine in a pod where your only vaping 1 and a half ml per day, your consuming far less than if you were in a mod going through 5 to 10 ml per day.

Generally speaking, we adjust our nicotine level according to both our needs and our consumption levels.

So if your needs run around 90mg of nicotine a day, depending on consumption your going to adjust to either a higher level in a low consumption device, or a lower level in a higher consumption device.

I use salts and mix for myself @ 3mg/ml. So it's not the salts perse to be wary of, but the levels your them vaping at.

If your buying 35mg salts your needing to be wary of how much your actually using, because you can easily get nicotine sickness and those types of levels shouldn't be used in a higher consumption device
    What’s nicotine sickness

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Unfortunately supply here is limited so it’s get what you can and it’s either really low or high middle is 25mg because now supply from UK stopped I’ve been buying salt because nothing else . Anyway I just put it in my arc evo with 0.5 atti and wow I loved it , blew my head off but then started to feel woozy after a few weeks so had to tone it down . Comments please

That woozy feeling is a sign of the beginnings of nicotine sickness...

Nausea is the next sign...

Also there is sweating, tiredness etc.

What you can do is to cut your purchased nicotine with some vegetable glycerine or some PG depending on what device you use, to get the nicotine level down where you need it to be, that way your not getting too much nicotine in your juice.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Using nicotine salts in a high wattage setup is not, in itself, a problem. It depends on the nicotine concentration. If it's too high, you'll get too much nicotine which will make you "nic sick". Common symptoms:
    • Nausea
    • Dizziness
    • Headache
    • Tiredness
    If you have any sense, upon experiencing nic sickness you will pause your vaping and switch to lower nic juice before continuing. If you don't have sense, you'll keep vaping until you're too busy retching to vape. It will be a profoundly unpleasant experience, but unless you manage to keep vaping through the sickness, you're unlikely to do yourself permanent damage inhaling commercially-available nicotine juices. (Ingesting them is a different story. It can kill you, as can skin contact with high levels of nicotine.)
    Thank you for a very concise answer

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    My problem is I like that feeling but I have toned it down . I’m an old guy and smoked strong cigars for 40 yrs before vaping and like something strong . Thank you

Vaping gets into your system slower than inhaling burning tobacco, I think is the scholarly way to put it. This generally means that headrush you get from smoking doesn't exist in vaping, and when it does its because you've taken in too much nicotine, too fast.

The reason it's something to keep an eye out is the slower absorption rate - if you have early signs of being nic sick (like the woozy headrush) you need to stop vaping for a while to make sure more signs don't creep up as more nicotine is absorbed into your system.

However, if you smoked for 40 years, whether cigars or not this is something for you to judge for yourself.

I smoked cigarettes for 32 years, (2PAD) and I see no absorption difference between salts and free base nicotine... the only difference for me is throat hit.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    What’s nicotine sickness

It's over use of nicotine which if continued can lead to nicotine poisoning. What dosage does it depends on the person and the device. I've known people who can vape 50mg in a sub ohm tank without adverse effects. Whether its salts or free base may have some affect on absorption, but that is small compared to the mg/ml and delivery device. Signs of nicotine illness are dizziness, stomachache with nausea perhaps vomiting, rapid heartbeat, fatigue, headache, pale skin, high blood pressure. If ignored, then nicotine poisoning can occur, which requires immediate medical attention. Nicotine poisoning symptoms are ........, shallow breathing, slowed heart rate, low blood pressure , lethargy or inability to control muscles, seizures.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I mix down a 100 mg/ml nic base to a 25 mg/ml nic base. This is called 'freebase nic' rather than 'salt (base) nic'. The major difference AFAIK is that salt base has an added 'ingredient' that allows a higher nic mg/ml level that can be obtained in a free base as well but without the 'throat hit' that a freebase nic liquid would have at that level. I've heard that salt nic 'hits' you quicker but I haven't ever used a salt nic so I can't comment on that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread