liquid nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The DIY Liquid forum here at ECF will be a lot of help to you. You can buy nicotine base in various mg strengths and PG/VG ratios. I buy over a year's supply at a time of 100 mg, dilute it to 25 mg, bottle and freeze it and dilute the 25 mg base for finished mixes later during the year. It's best not to keep 100 mg sitting around the house. I dilute it to a safer level as soon I can for freezer storage.

100 mg nicotine base is 10% nicotine and should be handled carefully. Besides the basic lab ware I use disposable plastic gloves and protective eye ware with 100 mg. The mixing room should be well ventilated. Contact with skin should be avoided. Wash 100 mg off immediately if an accident happens.

Practice with lower strength bases is a smart idea before working with 100 mg. Even if you have chemistry lab experience handling some chemicals like thick Glycerin USP beforehand provides good experience.

Last edited:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
The first time I worked with 100mg nic my hands were shaking. I had read everything I could get my hands on about it. The stickees do tend to scare people a bit. I always work by my kitchen sink where I have access to water if I spill something. While there is a bit of danger as long as you know what you are doing it isn't a problem. Starting with a lower level is the best way to go until you are comfortable.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
DIY is easy and very rewarding, you vape your own creations.

Safety wise, you can start with 36 mg unflavored liquid to dilute and flavor, you can get used to handling the products with the proper precautions without risk. Early in my vaping career I vaped 36 mg juice, in leaky carts so it was all over my hands most of the day. Wash it off if you do spill some, but it is relatively benign to handle.

Feb 14, 2014
Temecula
  • Deleted by retired1

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I'd like to start making my own ejuice with liquid nicotine but after reading the warnings on this site I'm slightly nervous about weather is safe or not.

Is it seriously dangerous if you touch it with your bare skin?

Where/how do you store it?
It is safe to diy. Come over to the DIY forum and start a thread, tag along, and gain some confidence. BTW I felt overwhelmed when I first started DIY. I started with 36mg/mL because I thought it was safer to do so.

BTW-welcome to the forum

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
DIY is easy and very rewarding, you vape your own creations.

Safety wise, you can start with 36 mg unflavored liquid to dilute and flavor, you can get used to handling the products with the proper precautions without risk. Early in my vaping career I vaped 36 mg juice, in leaky carts so it was all over my hands most of the day. Wash it off if you do spill some, but it is relatively benign to handle.

But you're the same guy that vapes a 510 atty with no drip tip.

Broken glass and 36mg nic juice. It's the breakfast of champions...

powerband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
just start out w/26mg nic its safe and if you desire a lower amount of nic in your juice you can just cut it down. I started w/26mg and now I only work w/the 100mg stuff only been vaping for 2 1/2 months but making some fine juices for about 1 1/2 months.
like people on here say just take your time and work carefully, working w/26 is easy and safe start there and practice making some juice you will then get a nack for it and decide if moving up in mg's is in your comfort level.
Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread