Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Unfortunately supply here is limited so it’s get what you can and it’s either really low or high middle is 25mg because now supply from UK stopped I’ve been buying salt because nothing else . Anyway I just put it in my arc evo with 0.5 atti and wow I loved it , blew my head off but then started to feel woozy after a few weeks so had to tone it down . Comments please

Can you get your 25mg nic salt juice in a 3mg freebase strength? If so then you can combine them 50/50, say 50mls of each and end up with 100ml of 14mg juice
    E-Liquid Combining Calculator

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Can you get your 25mg nic salt juice in a 3mg freebase strength? If so then you can combine them 50/50, say 50mls of each and end up with 100ml of 14mg juice
    E-Liquid Combining Calculator

Yes, but why? The main reason to use salts is to avoid the harsh throat hit of the freebase. You are better off just using 14mg/ml salts. There is really no advantage of the 12.5 salts/1.5 freebase.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    My problem is I like that feeling but I have toned it down . I’m an old guy and smoked strong cigars for 40 yrs before vaping and like something strong . Thank you
    Using nicotine salts in a high wattage setup is not, in itself, a problem. It depends on the nicotine concentration. If it's too high, you'll get too much nicotine which will make you "nic sick". Common symptoms:
    • Nausea
    • Dizziness
    • Headache
    • Tiredness
    If you have any sense, upon experiencing nic sickness you will pause your vaping and switch to lower nic juice before continuing. If you don't have sense, you'll keep vaping until you're too busy retching to vape. It will be a profoundly unpleasant experience, but unless you manage to keep vaping through the sickness, you're unlikely to do yourself permanent damage inhaling commercially-available nicotine juices. (Ingesting them is a different story. It can kill you, as can skin contact with high levels of nicotine.)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Yes, but why? The main reason to use salts is to avoid the harsh throat hit of the freebase. You are better off just using 14mg/ml salts. There is really no advantage of the 12.5 salts/1.5 freebase.

Mixing salts with a 3mg/ml batch of juice won't increase the TH... But it will give a mix that has a lower nicotine content, and at a strength the OP used to use before getting ejuice became very difficult.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Mixing salts with a 3mg/ml batch of juice won't increase the TH... But it will give a mix that has a lower nicotine content, and at a strength the OP used to use before getting ejuice became very difficult.

OIC. Waste not, want not.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Ps. As I said before supplies are limited , I cannot walk into a shop and buy different strength liquid or even buy online , it has to be suppliers in Thailand , for example TW used to send my orders direct from uk but all their products were checked at Thai customs and returned with threats of prosecution. Even countries like Vietnam and loas which border Thailand. Are too scared to post into Thailand but I’ve found a good online shop in Thailand but again you are limited to what stock they have . Regards john

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Ps. As I said before supplies are limited , I cannot walk into a shop and buy different strength liquid or even buy online , it has to be suppliers in Thailand , for example TW used to send my orders direct from uk but all their products were checked at Thai customs and returned with threats of prosecution. Even countries like Vietnam and loas which border Thailand. Are too scared to post into Thailand but I’ve found a good online shop in Thailand but again you are limited to what stock they have . Regards john
    So, are you going to cut it with VG or PG?

Reactions: Opinionated

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Another strange thing about thailand is that it’s not illegal to sell vaping machines , only e liquid is illegal. Because there was so many tourists ( before Covid ) complaints that all the embassy’s made the Thai government issue a statement saying exactly what was illegal and not . And it’s only the e liquid they object to .as said the tobacco companies pay the government under the table to keep it illegal ,they would rather have people die of cancer than lose cigarette sales

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    you don't need higher nic, as you said you smoked "strong" cigars....what you are wanting is that throat hit, so you need more pg in your juice
    typically nic salts are a smoother vape, which is why I like them, I don't like a throat hit
    as well as the higher the vg level the less throat hit
    the higher the pg level the more throat hit

so water your juice down with some pg to help lower the nic levels and up the pg levels to help with the throat hit that you are missing.

also keep in mind that freebase nic, higher levels than what you are used to can taste peppery, whereas with nic salts you don't usually get that taste

if you are just switching to vaping I'd suggest at first staying around 24mg nic level until your cravings subside then you can slowly work your nic levels down...or as you've already noticed that vaping too high of nicotine will make you sick so lower you nic levels down....I mean when I first stated about a decade ago i was vaping 46mg+ (before nic salts were a thing), now i'm down to 1.5mg so I mean just find what works for you but if you feel sick then stop vaping until you feel better (as with anything too much is not a good thing) and then lower your nic levels down.

if you are sub-ohming (high watts with low ohms) then you may want to look at around 12mg nic

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    you don't need higher nic, as you said you smoked "strong" cigars....what you are wanting is that throat hit, so you need more pg in your juice
    typically nic salts are a smoother vape, which is why I like them, I don't like a throat hit
    as well as the higher the vg level the less throat hit
    the higher the pg level the more throat hit

so water your juice down with some pg to help lower the nic levels and up the pg levels to help with the throat hit that you are missing.

also keep in mind that freebase nic, higher levels than what you are used to can taste peppery, whereas with nic salts you don't usually get that taste

if you are just switching to vaping I'd suggest at first staying around 24mg nic level until your cravings subside then you can slowly work your nic levels down...or as you've already noticed that vaping too high of nicotine will make you sick so lower you nic levels down....I mean when I first stated about a decade ago i was vaping 46mg+ (before nic salts were a thing), now i'm down to 1.5mg so I mean just find what works for you but if you feel sick then stop vaping until you feel better (as with anything too much is not a good thing) and then lower your nic levels down.

if you are sub-ohming (high watts with low ohms) then you may want to look at around 12mg nic
    Again a great response but I don’t know where I could get pg or vg in Thailand I am happy just to mix ready made liquids . The one I liked the best was 50 mg with 0.5 atti but then I have go have a lay down lol

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    Again a great response but I don’t know where I could get pg or vg in Thailand I am happy just to mix ready made liquids . The one I liked the best was 50 mg with 0.5 atti but then I have go have a lay down lol

you can pick up pg and vg almost anywhere....some grocery stores, beauty stores, farming supply stores, ect....
    what you are wanting is usp grade of Propylene Glycol (pg) and usp grade of Vegetable Glycerin (vg)

and then take your 50mg nicotine juice and mix that half and half with the pg so now your juice will be roughly 25mg nic and higher pg ( pg % depends on what the juice started out as)
    personally I wouldn't mix half of it with pg, but then again I do not like a throat hit...so that's up to you on how much of a throat hit you want, adjust by adding more vg for less throat hit or more pg for more throat hit, that's up to you.

but yeah pg and vg can be purchased almost anywhere as they are used in just about everything (toothpaste, deodorant, perfume, air fresheners, inhalers, lotions, chapstick, food preparation, etc....)

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    you can pick up pg and vg almost anywhere....some grocery stores, beauty stores, farming supply stores, ect....
    what you are wanting is usp grade of Propylene Glycol (pg) and usp grade of Vegetable Glycerin (vg)

and then take your 50mg nicotine juice and mix that half and half with the pg so now your juice will be roughly 25mg nic and higher pg ( pg % depends on what the juice started out as)
    personally I wouldn't mix half of it with pg, but then again I do not like a throat hit...so that's up to you on how much of a throat hit you want, adjust by adding more vg for less throat hit or more pg for more throat hit, that's up to you.

but yeah pg and vg can be purchased almost anywhere as they are used in just about everything (toothpaste, deodorant, perfume, air fresheners, inhalers, lotions, chapstick, food preparation, etc....)
    Interesting but I don’t really fancy mixing my own ,but how do you add flavour ? Iv seen it advertised to buy it but not available in Thailand . I met an English guy here who made his own and he was really excited by it and bought tobacco for role ups which soaked in something for a few days but when he let me try it it didn’t taste of anything but he thought it was great .

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    Thats what I’ve done mixing salt and free base , as to why I’m using salt is because nothing else is Available, I’ve vaped 8 yrs and always used 1.8 freebase shipped from uk but I can’t get it anymore so using what I can find in thailand

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Thats what I’ve done mixing salt and free base , as to why I’m using salt is because nothing else is Available, I’ve vaped 8 yrs and always used 1.8 freebase shipped from uk but I can’t get it anymore so using what I can find in thailand

That was explained to me by @Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Interesting but I don’t really fancy mixing my own ,but how do you add flavour ? Iv seen it advertised to buy it but not available in Thailand . I met an English guy here who made his own and he was really excited by it and bought tobacco for role ups which soaked in something for a few days but when he let me try it it didn’t taste of anything but he thought it was great .

You can add almost any water soluble food flavoring however, I believe the suggestion was just to cut what your vaping without adding any extra flavoring.

Most purchased pre-mixed e-juice is way overflavored to the point you can cut it down with VG or PG somewhat and not miss flavor.

I normally mix my own juice but recently bought some, and what I bought, while a reputable and popular brand, was so heavily overflavored as to make it unvapeable for me after mixing my own to my taste for so long.

So generally speaking, cutting e-juice doesn't on the surface necessitate adding more flavoring.

• Agree
    Reactions: Shadav

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info

I'm not saying to mix your own ejuice....take your store bought pre-made ejuice and add pg or vg to it to help dilute the nicotine to a lower level

if you are used to 1.8 (I'm assuming that is 1.8% [18mg] and not 1.8mg) then no wonder 50mg is making you sick that's almost 3x more nicotine then what you are used to!
    now the math gets a bit trickier but you'd take your 50mg premade juice and mix 1/3rd of it with 2/3rds of either pg/vg to get it down to roughly around 18mg (1.8%)

and yes I agree with what opinionated said, store bought is usually extremely high flavorings...I've been doing diy for a while so I don't use as much flavor as store bought....I can take most of my store bought juice and cut it in half with vg and it's still strong flavor (some I've had to do 1/4th)

when mixing 2 premade juices together, keep in mind both have nicotine in them so if you mix them in equal parts (half and half) you'd add the 2 nicotine levels together and then divide by 2 to get the new nicotine level

so I saw where you also mentioned a 25mg nic and if you are mixing that with the 50mg nic you're still vaping at too high of a level 25+50=75/2=37.5mg...that's still twice as high of a nicotine level then you were used to.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I apologize now if I mess up b cos new . I’ve read that it’s dangerous to use salt liquid in a high wattage sub ohm , how serious do you have to take this and it says it can make you ill but no details . I need details
    No need to apologize for asking questions, ever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread