Dark City Vapor ***Grand Opening*** Get $5 OFF FIRST ORDER !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColKurtz

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC USA
I too am looking to place first order. Signed up for an account but see no email with the $5 discount code (checked spam folder). Please let me know or PM me if I'm missing something. Thank you.

EDIT - Just saw the email with the coupon code. For those trying to take advantage of the $5, the process is pretty wonky. It actually comes through as a gift certificate code, NOT A COUPON CODE. Their checkout process has 2 sections, one for gift certificates, one for coupons... and both are labeled "Redemption Code" (why not just have one field to verify both?). The procedure I had to do was:
1) Register and get gift cert code
2) Add your stuff and proceed to checkout
3) On page 2, enter your gift cert code in the *lower* gift cert Redemption Code field.
4) Put your card number in and proceed to page 3. You should see a notice at the top "Gift Certificate Applied" or something... HOWEVER, it hasn't been applied yet.
5) Back out of the order process completely.
6) Start the checkout process all over again. This time, on page 2, you should see an "Apply Amount" drop-down box where you can enter your $5.

My confusion was there was never any "Apply Amount" box on screen 2 the first time I went through checkout. The instructions mentioned it but the box itself was completely missing. It seems you don't even get that field until you have an active gift cert, which isn't activated until step3... but there's nowhere to apply gift certs on page 3. You have to go back to step 2 to apply it.

I'll cut them some slack since they're just starting up. :confused:Great prices... will probably end up getting a KGO kit from you in near future.

Last edited:

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Okay, I am the proud order #15, lol. Looking forward to trying that 306 cartomizer- hadn't heard much about a carto in 306. I will probably love it, usually happy with LR! Thanks for the great opening deal and your regular prices are looking good too.

I love the 306 attys. Be sure to keep them wet at all times. They don't come primed. Mine are lasting for months (not every single one but 90%). If you fire them without juice they're gone forever.

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
Sorry everyone for the issues with the gift certificate wish there was an easier way, maybe after Sallana gets out of the storm I can ask how the procedure works..But the code the system generates is actually a gift certificate..Maybe ill see if I can get her to move the gift certificate box so you have the option to input the code before you place items in the cart...That way when you actually go through the checkout process the $5 will already be in your account..

The PT have sold out sadly, but we have ordered more so they will be here within a week !!!

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
Hey Thanks for the order and hope you enjoy the products !!!

Okay, I am the proud order #15, lol. Looking forward to trying that 306 cartomizer- hadn't heard much about a carto in 306. I will probably love it, usually happy with LR! Thanks for the great opening deal and your regular prices are looking good too.

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
Hey, considering you are giving us $5 out of your own pocket, I think it's ok that we have to do a little work to redeem it.

I still appreciate the gift and love the prices I see on your site, so in the future, when I need something, I'll be checking back with you first!

Thanks!

Just a note to those who register - The certificate does take some time to show up in your box ... why not give the guy a break and wait at least 2-3 hours before complaining?

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
Hey Thanks Cleo, hoping we can get the bugs kicked out soon, I hate waiting for something myself..LOL

Yes please keep us in your mind and we will be adding other products as soon as we are able, I am actually waiting for an order of XL Dual Cartos in stainless to clear customs, and some white swirl 510 drip tips !!

Hey, considering you are giving us $5 out of your own pocket, I think it's ok that we have to do a little work to redeem it.

I still appreciate the gift and love the prices I see on your site, so in the future, when I need something, I'll be checking back with you first!

Thanks!

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
Well me too .. most of us are the instant gratification types ... I ordered five minutes ago, why isn't it in my mailbox yet!!!! But sometimes ECF'ers can be a little over zealous when it comes to getting their freebies/discounts. I've seen them eat other vendors whole without stopping to chew! Sometimes you just have to remind them to calm down, have a nice long vape, and relax. lol

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
Ok, here is what I am going to do...since a lot of people had problems using the $5 Gift Certificate I activated a coupon for $3 that any one can use 1 time, so if you still have the code for gift cert or even have a balance in your account you can still use the code. I will leave this coupon active until 09/03/11 and see if it has less issues.

Use Coupon Code: ECFDCV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread