Dark SIde

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL76

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
ACB, MI
Rainier Cherry?

Haven't tried it solo, but I usually clean coil, add cheesecake, vape a few ml, then add a lil more cheesecake and some flavoring and every time I add cherry my coil is gunked before I can finish the tank. With straw or ras flavor it doesn't do that. (Love the CC so much, I gotta vape a lil unflavored first)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I second Rainer Cherry gunking coils, it's so good though! I emptied the final drops of my bottle today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't tried it solo, but I usually clean coil, add cheesecake, vape a few ml, then add a lil more cheesecake and some flavoring and every time I add cherry my coil is gunked before I can finish the tank. With straw or ras flavor it doesn't do that. (Love the CC so much, I gotta vape a lil unflavored first)

Thank you for the heads up - I hadn't noticed it!!

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Afraid I won't know it even if it does taste like that! :closedeyes: ....still anxiously waiting for mine to arrive - perhaps a tad apprehensive, yet with a tinge of good anticipation :blink:
I love the H1N1 and the Wakonda - both used at 15-20% in CB, so the Switch will be used in the same way.

If I don't go overboard at first, I'll set it to mature for a while! C'est ça! ;)

I haven't posted here regarding my first impression. It does not taste like the other 'stuff' to my palate but then, I had limited experience with that. It tastes more like CRT (Cherry Rose Tobacco) than anything else. Not bad. Today, after a residual bit sitting in the tank overnight, it is mild and better.

Aero Mega with 1.5 ohm, new head, tank had a wash of very well steeped Virus in it when I filled it. I just couldn't force myself to wash it out...every whiff of Virus is golden! I am running it at 3.6-3.8 volts on a Smok ZMax with a sick chip. It will no longer do watts and it is showing batteries to be be low when they still have quite a bit of charge left so I don't really know where it is.

I will load the Reo as soon as I finish the current bottle...again, it is Virus and I will not waste it! I will wash it out, clean and rewick the rm2 before I load the Switch and let ya'll know what I think then.

At this point, it is good, not great IMHO. I will vape all that I have slowly to allow for aging and I did get two 50ml overfilled bottles: 12mg for tanks and 6mg for Reo and drippers so I will have plenty to allow the aging process. At this moment, it would not be a reorder but I have a feeling that is going to change very quickly into a "Must HAVE". We shall see.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I haven't posted here regarding my first impression. It does not taste like the other 'stuff' to my palate but then, I had limited experience with that. It tastes more like CRT (Cherry Rose Tobacco) than anything else. Not bad. Today, after a residual bit sitting in the tank overnight, it is mild and better.

Aero Mega with 1.5 ohm, new head, tank had a wash of very well steeped Virus in it when I filled it. I just couldn't force myself to wash it out...every whiff of Virus is golden! I am running it at 3.6-3.8 volts on a Smok ZMax with a sick chip. It will no longer do watts and it is showing batteries to be be low when they still have quite a bit of charge left so I don't really know where it is.

I will load the Reo as soon as I finish the current bottle...again, it is Virus and I will not waste it! I will wash it out, clean and rewick the rm2 before I load the Switch and let ya'll know what I think then.

At this point, it is good, not great IMHO. I will vape all that I have slowly to allow for aging and I did get two 50ml overfilled bottles: 12mg for tanks and 6mg for Reo and drippers so I will have plenty to allow the aging process. At this moment, it would not be a reorder but I have a feeling that is going to change very quickly into a "Must HAVE". We shall see.

Thank you kindly for the feedback Glow! XOXO

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
  • Deleted by Kent Brooks

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Just had my first taste of the Switch. I get the CRT comparison, but not licorice or the other stuff. Reminds me of some snuff I had, High Dry Toast or another one, French something or other. Very different, very interesting. We'll give this bottle a little air and revisit. I think it's ok so far, but my rotation has gotten quite small, not sure yet if this will make it's way into it. Certainly worth giving some steep time :) :vape::vape: Definitely get tobacco from this... can get the analog comparison to a little. Very interesting juice :)

robvanhooren

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Canada
[...] it comes from the terpenes within the resin. These terpenes are sometimes soluble or not soluble in differing liquids.

curious, will the terpenes steep out as it ages?

somebody hurry up and say yes it steeps out!

not to mince words, but ... uhm, FOOB it's like a grue snuck in with all the chemicalness of Tribeca and turned the knob up to eleven: I'm vaping pinesol and turpentine? :cry: :cry: :cry:

maybe it's just me.

if it doesn't steep out to mellow/calm down after a month in the dark, there'll be approx. 200ml [2x18 + 2x12] headed to the swap meet thread in time for Christmas ... (sorry)

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
curious, will the terpenes steep out as it ages?

somebody hurry up and say yes it steeps out!

not to mince words, but ... uhm, FOOB it's like a grue snuck in with all the chemicalness of Tribeca and turned the knob up to eleven: I'm vaping pinesol and turpentine? :cry: :cry: :cry:

maybe it's just me.

if it doesn't steep out to mellow/calm down after a month in the dark, there'll be approx. 200ml [2x18 + 2x12] headed to the swap meet thread in time for Christmas ... (sorry)

Yeouch - I am not sure any liquid can do a 180 like that, sounds like a total miss for you brother. It will evolve, and it will mellow out, blend... the oldest bottle I have still has a bit of organic finish though... Curious - device choice?

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
I had to go through this thread to get my palate some feedback. Normally I like to spend a day or two with my vape to process it and give an opinion but I'm gonna do a quick impression then let this fully mature.

Magma, .8 ohm 27g 7/64 id single coil on Rayon. IPV2 @ 7-22 ish watts, settled in at 12.

My first impression was a little windexy. So I had a chipotle laced taco and cleared my sinuses out...

Honey. I get not fully ripened Honey. It took a while to get there though, floral on the first hit, little chemically, light cat urine...then I realized Honey. (Once I realized what I thought I was tasting all the chemically stuff went away). That could all just be in my head though! But the flavor lingers in the back top portion of my mouth, same place Honey does. Tobacco flavors receptors tend to live back there too, maybe it's in the Tobacco? I love Honey in my vape. There is a back note of light pine - sometimes. The Tobacco is really light for me, but pleasant! Very subtle sweetness, familiar not quite caramel. The Toffee reference is a good one Pictor! There might be a hint of nut but I can't tell. I wish I could smell the room note on it. Shut my air flow down to get a deeper taste

and the $%%&#@ dry hit on me. :mad: 'Cause that's all I allotted myself. :(

I like it! It does need a steep though. So into the floor safe you go! I'm gonna have to order more.

I totally see how you like it fresh Kent, it's a good vape. Time will really make this dandy! I don't have enough experience with NET vapes yet, but this isn't a cigarette tobacco NET is it?

Insert standard legalize here ( YMMV, taste is sub...whatever). I'm off to try my first H1N1 now. action-smiley-065.gif See ya'll later!

Have I mentioned Honey yet. JBFC, hope ya'll don't think i'm nuts!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I had to go through this thread to get my palate some feedback. Normally I like to spend a day or two with my vape to process it and give an opinion but I'm gonna do a quick impression then let this fully mature.

Magma, .8 ohm 27g 7/64 id single coil on Rayon. IPV2 @ 7-22 ish watts, settled in at 12.

My first impression was a little windexy. So I had a chipotle laced taco and cleared my sinuses out...

Honey. I get not fully ripened Honey. It took a while to get there though, floral on the first hit, little chemically, light cat urine...then I realized Honey. (Once I realized what I thought I was tasting all the chemically stuff went away). That could all just be in my head though! But the flavor lingers in the back top portion of my mouth, same place Honey does. Tobacco flavors receptors tend to live back there too, maybe it's in the Tobacco? I love Honey in my vape. There is a back note of light pine - sometimes. The Tobacco is really light for me, but pleasant! Very subtle sweetness, familiar not quite caramel. The Toffee reference is a good one Pictor! There might be a hint of nut but I can't tell. I wish I could smell the room note on it. Shut my air flow down to get a deeper taste

and the $%%&#@ dry hit on me. :mad: 'Cause that's all I allotted myself. :(

I like it! It does need a steep though. So into the floor safe you go! I'm gonna have to order more.

I totally see how you like it fresh Kent, it's a good vape. Time will really make this dandy! I don't have enough experience with NET vapes yet, but this isn't a cigarette tobacco NET is it?

Insert standard legalize here ( YMMV, taste is sub...whatever). I'm off to try my first H1N1 now. View attachment 381447 See ya'll later!

Have I mentioned Honey yet. JBFC, hope ya'll don't think i'm nuts!

I get the honey part... interesting because I didn't notice it until you said it.

The first hit is a smack in the face, I get that too. Maybe even a violent slap. ;) Tobacco - compared to a bakery vape, or a fruit vape - or even the "bakery style tobaccos" like the Virus... it's different - it's, tobacco! ;)

robvanhooren

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Canada
Curious - device choice?

full-sized 1.8o BVC naughty on 1.4mm draw, fired by a P2.5 w/ fresh AW 490 at 4.2.

fwiw, the greenishness, it's sort of like the NET was from uncured tobacco?

(I grew up on a tobacco farm, so have to say the smell of a really good stick-kiln cure brings back some formative memories. heck, if the rumours are true I was birthed on a grading table, swaddled in baling paper & twine, and had sandleaves for diapers. LOL.)

virus went back into the tank.

I'll try again when it's time for a new coil.

if it doesn't hit then, swap thread here we come (minus a 10ml keeper bottle for long-term steep 'just because')

edit: unless my wife likes it. she happily vapes some nasty local B&M dekang-ish bathtub tobacco blend, so who knows?

Last edited:

M4rtin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
New Jersey, USA
Here was my second order Nicoticket order delivered last Thursday with a handwritten note from Bean! Yes thats right, be envious very envious, that is a Blue RaspberryZotz!:D:toast:

Nicoticket Order #2.jpg

Still a Nicoticket newb and I have been switching between CLS and Frenilla. With the this order you would think I would have jumped on all three, well unfortunately my tongue and the olfactory senses on the top of my mouth are still healing with B-12 due to acid overload from the fruits and menthol.

I did try the Switch on Saturday Evening. WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! The Switch is and will be a tobacco aficionados dream. It is a very well balanced multi-layered juice that will accompany any well aged whisky, brandy or cognac! I highly suggest sitting in front of your fireplace with a good book. When aged this tobacco will be extremely smooth,will feel like silk on your tongue.

But again due to my tongue and the Olfactory senses on the roof of my mouth being super-hype sensitive the only thing I can vape are muted or creamy flavors. No sweet flavors, no tobacco flavors.:mad:

So the Virus and Waconda are aging now. May have to get a 3 D print of the inside of my mouth and use it as a cover to vape.:laugh:

Thanks Clark & Co.!:thumbs:

MikeL76

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
ACB, MI
If you just got it, let it sit for a couple days before you swap meet it. A lot of the greenish taste seems to have subsided quickly.

full-sized 1.8o BVC naughty on 1.4mm draw, fired by a P2.5 w/ fresh AW 490 at 4.2.

fwiw, the greenishness, it's sort of like the NET was from uncured tobacco?

(I grew up on a tobacco farm, so have to say the smell of a really good stick-kiln cure brings back some formative memories. heck, if the rumours are true I was birthed on a grading table, swaddled in baling paper & twine, and had sandleaves for diapers. LOL.)

virus went back into the tank.

I'll try again when it's time for a new coil.

if it doesn't hit then, swap thread here we come (minus a 10ml keeper bottle for long-term steep 'just because')

edit: unless my wife likes it. she happily vapes some nasty local B&M dekang-ish bathtub tobacco blend, so who knows?

robvanhooren

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Canada
When aged this tobacco will be extremely smooth,will feel like silk on your tongue.

I did get that.

Even FOOB, its body and texture are pure craftsmanship. Without any doubt, aging will take that to even higher levels of perfection.

For fun, I threw some into a stock EVOD-Glass/1.5o BDCC.

Alas, the same, I couldn't get past the pinesol/turpentine.

/me will spend November in prayer to the patron saint of steeping.

(closest could possibly be Saint Cuthbert, Bishop of Lindisfarne?)

maybe this is akin to drinking wort vs. drinking beer, it just needs time.

ps - don't drink wort.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Yes, indeed ...Lindisfarne, up the North East coast from where I am! :)

The monks of Lindisfarne are also famous for the Mead made from honey! Lindisfarne Mead (seeing there's a hint of it in The Switch!)

(It's also the name of an excellent folk group in the day! - Lindisfarne (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

...and may your Switch light up for you! :)

Not sure if I've mentioned Honey yet???

And I promise I'm not stalking you Pictor! We're just in the same rotation of threads! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread