Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
i do get a bit of toffee as well fwiw..

and yah... i hear ya on the been a while... it really is a confusing thing... on the one hand.. my brain tastes a certain taste.. and gets excited expecting a result that doesn't happen.. but it tastes good.. so i try again.. and again... lol..

been about 12 hours for sloth but no tasting it in switch very sad :(

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
im sorry sir sloth... maybe its just my palate? truth be told i am a 'super taster', but its really not nearly as cool as it sounds. dont know if that impacts what I am tasting...

another description of the flavor could be that its somewhat hop like? like the hops on a nice ipa? yummy... im going through it faster than I am the frenilla or bg...

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
been about 12 hours for sloth but no tasting it in switch very sad :(

No toffee' either, but I do get the sweetness that Pictor mentioned.
Left mine at home today. Brought three reo's and my hana mini with two rda's to work - it's the Virus, Radio', Naki mix, Strawnilla, and Wakonda for now.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
I've vaped about 20+ml of this ... still loving it, but my taste buds are getting wrecked! (this usually happens with any juice I vape a lot of...) I think I'm gonna switch to radioactive or back to the virus in this reo... :)

+ a lot has to do with me not staying hyrdated, ect... the great taste is still there, but just a little lighter than when it first hit... time to take a break, to keep my taste buds sharp ;)

Last edited:

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
lol and my gf thinks im crazy for taking 3 bottles to work w/ me... you brought 4 devices and 6 rdas lol...

but if it works... well... it just works!

If I had the room in my bag and/or on my desk, I would've brought the stingray clone and tobh with the Switch too. :facepalm:

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
so.. the scientific part of my mind decided to speak up on this... a lot of flavor from vegetative matter comes from its resin. but more than that it comes from the terpenes within the resin. These terpines are sometimes soluble or not soluble in differing liquids. (ie.. might be water soluble but not alcohol soluble, or vg soluble but not water soluble.. etc..) there has to be something in this tobacco that the extraction process is grabbing that is a similar terpine to these 'other' tastes that i am getting. the tobacco itself might not have had a lot of this flavor (or it might have had tons) bc of other terpines dominating it that might not be as soluble in the liquid used for this extraction.

i have no idea about the process used in these nets.. its its just a soak and reduce or an a/b or what.. but it makes sense that some of the flavor/scent that i am getting came across through a solubility issue w/ the resins in the plant matter.

that being said..

the cruder part of me say.. juice good. dont think too much. taste more. smile!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
so.. the scientific part of my mind decided to speak up on this... a lot of flavor from vegetative matter comes from its resin. but more than that it comes from the terpenes within the resin. These terpines are sometimes soluble or not soluble in differing liquids. (ie.. might be water soluble but not alcohol soluble, or vg soluble but not water soluble.. etc..) there has to be something in this tobacco that the extraction process is grabbing that is a similar terpine to these 'other' tastes that i am getting. the tobacco itself might not have had a lot of this flavor (or it might have had tons) bc of other terpines dominating it that might not be as soluble in the liquid used for this extraction.

i have no idea about the process used in these nets.. its its just a soak and reduce or an a/b or what.. but it makes sense that some of the flavor/scent that i am getting came across through a solubility issue w/ the resins in the plant matter.

that being said..

The Resin Switch :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
i dont drink so wouldnt know about the hops but i believe 'that' is there my mission to taste it will continue until tasted if push comes to shove will 'steep' together see if that pushes it along...LMAO :D
If you ever lived near a brewery, you'd recognise the smell of warm malt & hops 'cooking' - not an unpleasant smell, but I don't get it in The Switch ...if it's in there, it hasn't manifested yet! :)
But, that green flavour could perhaps be freshly picked green hops? Don't know because I never had any to smell! :)

I do have a tobacco one that has the malt & hops thing, and it's not just me: one of our sons was visiting and asked what the odd smell was because it reminded him of something - as soon as I mentioned malt & hops, he said that yes, that's exactly what he could smell.
It does have other flavours including roast/toasty maple/caramel - just not too sure about it with the malt & hops aspect though.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK

that being said..

I can assure you that it was only soaked in PG and triple filtered. No PGA or other chemicals were used in the extraction process. With that being said, how is your coils holding up? Are they gunking. That's one point that hasn't been mentioned in any reviews or maybe I just missed it.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
Oh I wasn't implying anything re: the extraction process. Although I would be fine with any numbers of chemicals used provided they were used correctly. All sorts of chemistry happens in things we intake. Its just when they are used incorrectly and there are leftover chems or unintended reactions. The terpines I referred are soluble in the solvent used (which apparently is pg)

My coils are slightly gunked, but ive been vaping a variety of juices including ones like betelgeuse that are known for that. so my data,means diddly in that respect.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Oh I wasn't implying anything re: the extraction process. Although I would be fine with any numbers of chemicals used provided they were used correctly. All sorts of chemistry happens in things we intake. Its just when they are used incorrectly and there are leftover chems or unintended reactions.

My coils are slightly gunked, but ive been vaping a variety of juices including ones like betelgeuse that are known for that. so my data,means diddly in that respect.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

It's all cool.:vapor: I believe a NET can be made that is just as flavorable by using just a simple soak with pg. It all comes down to time, and proper filtering. When chemicals are used, the flavorist is bypassing the time factor. I also found that those extracts using chemicals have a labbish taste to them and those using PGA taste like alcohol. I prefer a natural taste.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I can assure you that it was only soaked in PG and triple filtered. No PGA or other chemicals were used in the extraction process. With that being said, how is your coils holding up? Are they gunking. That's one point that hasn't been mentioned in any reviews or maybe I just missed it.

think superman said it's fairly benign to coils but after 6ml my coil was pretty darn gunked...moreso than virus, not as much as got cookie

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
think superman said it's fairly benign to coils but after 6ml my coil was pretty darn gunked...moreso than virus, not as much as got cookie

Yup.

For me it seems about on par with Virus as far as coils. Worst is rainier cherry and second worst is GC.

I have to make it Omaha to get a big bottle so I can give it a proper coil trial. Been setting on the remainder of my 15ml sample to see how it steeps out.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread