Status
Not open for further replies.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I just received a used in warranty darwin.

the 3-way position arm thing has so much play in it. kinda like a manual car shifter..

Is this normal? since i didn't buy new i am not sure if this is normal.

can this be fixed or is this how they are?

totally normal for this to be like that, enjoy.

vdrum4250

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Irvine, California USA
very cool.. thanks guys/gals

a few more questions if i may.

scroll works all the time right.. light only goes on when i hit fire button right.

am i suppose to see anything lit up unless i push button.

i can kinda see the emblem and the watts? does that draw from my battery?

how long does it take to charge from empty to full...

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
The screen will be on, but not backlit, any time the arm is open. The backlight only comes on when the button is pressed. The drain on the battery for leaving it on is so infinitesimal that you don't even need to think about it, you could probably leave it sitting with the arm open for a couple weeks without killing it :)

Charging from empty to full? I just plug it in overnight, the Darwin will stop drawing current from the charger once it's done. I think 4-6 hours from empty sounds about right, though

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
vdrum4250, I have never seen the inside of (my) Darwin. I think that the detents are for convenience, the arm is always electrically connected and working in any position. The brass connector that you see on the outside is shaped like one half of a barbell. The other half is inside, and it is completely strong and sturdy. Some have said "I would break that off in a minute, because I WORK IN ALASKA". I believe they are mistaken, but that is just me.

The 510 atty/carto is easily broken like any device, but the brass connector will be the last thing that breaks. I have Darwins with and without the detents, and I prefer the smooth range of motion one, only because I prefer it's screen display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread