FDA Date of the Deeming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Just looking for a little informal pool on what date you think the deeming will be finalized/made available to the public.

I think they're only about a year late right now, but that's great news. So, a possible answer to this pool is - it will never be finalized. One can only hope.

Just post a date you think it will happen on, and hopefully people will respond by say Jan. 17. Let's hope it doesn't happen before that.

I have no idea, but I'm kind of thinking it will be after March election stuff. Not that I think the FDA cares, but I do think they take orders from on high.

So, I'll go with April 26, 2016 as the date the final deeming will be made available to the public.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
So, I'll go with April 26, 2016 as the date the final deeming will be made available to the public.

I agree, and I predict the fallout will be so catostrophic to world health, that the deeming will eventually replace Chernobyl every year in those 'This Day in History' segments in the media.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
A republican president with a republican congress could do what ever they want. Republicans generally claim they favor smaller government and lower taxes. Treating ecigs with a light touch would be consistent with that. If untaxed ecigs replaced tobacco it would be a huge tax reduction that mostly falls on the States, not the feds.

My guess is mid year. I didn't realize there was a mandated 90 day grace period. If the rules are draconian that will be a frantic time in the vape market. My calculation is everything vape specific for 10 years shouldn't cost more than $500.

Reactions: DC2

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Just looking for a little informal pool on what date you think the deeming will be finalized/made available to the public.

I think they're only about a year late right now, but that's great news. So, a possible answer to this pool is - it will never be finalized. One can only hope.

Just post a date you think it will happen on, and hopefully people will respond by say Jan. 17. Let's hope it doesn't happen before that.

I have no idea, but I'm kind of thinking it will be after March election stuff. Not that I think the FDA cares, but I do think they take orders from on high.

I don't know what the question is.

Are you asking what date an announcement will be made?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Asking for you to provide a date that matches when the FDA will officially deem eCigs a tobacco product and make that (official announcement) known to the general public.

Well I don't think they will successfully be able to deem 'ecigs' as tobacco products.
Maybe they can successfully deem nicotine and nicotine containing liquids as tobacco products, and maybe they can even get so far as to deem cigalikes containing 1% nicotine containing liquids as tobacco products.

So 'never' would be part of my answer.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Well I don't think they will successfully be able to deem 'ecigs' as tobacco products.
Maybe they can successfully deem nicotine and nicotine containing liquids as tobacco products, and maybe they can even get so far as to deem cigalikes containing 1% nicotine containing liquids as tobacco products.

So 'never' would be part of my answer.

I love your never answer. I truly do.

But your response reminds me of how I view the causation aspect between smoking and harm. Truly the connection has NEVER been made. But allegedly and for practical purpose it has.

Since you are arguing via a technicality and on principle, I have no argument other than what I stated above. One wonders if FDA has ever been successful.

Reactions: Endor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread