Date on bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Well, more than likely, the 1st 2 would be "born on" dates.. the dates they were made.
As for Naked, that is obviously a "Best By" date.

But don't let either sets of dates bother you. ..

If it looks good, smell it.
If it smells good, vape it.
If it tastes good, keep on vaping it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most likely born on dates, which are becoming a new thing for liquids, or possibly expiration dates, which are likely also becoming more used by manufacturers. I suppose it can be useful to have the information, provided you know which it IS? Otherwise well it's pretty useless.

Born on dates near to the present may indicate the need for more steeping. More elderly dates will give you a sense of just how old your juice is already. I'm not sure that any sort of consumer group has come forth and stated whether or not eliquid suddenly "goes bad" after a certain date, and additionally it depends on storage conditions and whatnot.

Cool dry place is generally indicated, but if they're from different manufacturers it's hard to know sometimes if it's a best by date or a born on date.

I just go by the rule of thumb that if it hasn't turned some sort of terrifying shade, tastes bad, looks bad, has floaters in it, or causes an adverse reaction I won't vape it.

I came across some juice that had to be at least 8 years old. I didn't vape it, but mainly because I DIY anyway and don't vape tobaccos so I saw no reason to, especially given the fact that I don't know if the "tobacco tasting awful or not" would be intentional, but I mean, I also don't eat 8 year old eggs, unless they're specifically designed for that purpose by the Chinese. I will eat those, but I don't so much enjoy it even though I know it's probably fine.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Bradder

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think you mean WTA? It stands for "Whole tobacco Alkaloid." Here's a blog from the creator or at least one of them, it's fairly comprehensive: Whole Tobacco Alkaloid E-liquid | E-Cigarette Forum

Basically, there's a process to extract some of the tobacco alkaloids and turn it into eliquid. It contains some of the stuff other than nicotine like some substances like the MAOI-A and MAOI-B compounds that cause that feeling of satiation/ less anxiety/antidepressant effects. It's not combustion either, so much safer than smoking (although believe it or NOT the NIH did a study on tar and it is ALSO an MAOI like substance in the brain).

I used it when I transitioned and I still use it in stressful situations. The gold standard as far as makers is Aroma E-liquids, it is also priced like gold and really, I found it to be worth it, it got me off cigarettes. There are other manufacturers that I will list in descending order of efficacy: Ohm's vapes and Umbavapes (these two companies are connected somehow, I think.) Ohm's will have specials on its 120 ml bottles and they will include Wholesale WTA in those specials, I find it useful but not as good as Aroma's.

Then there is Mother's Milk which is also cheap, but in my opinion, it looks, tastes and performs exactly like dirt.

You can get flavored juices with WTA in them, what I did was put a small squirt of the wholesale WTA in my tank, and kind of tapered it that way.

I should note, to the best of my understanding, with Aroma's the higher nic concentration the more potent the alkaloids are going to be but with the other ones, (all wholesale, I am talking) you get a "flat rate" WTA and they charge you more if you up the nic, but you are getting more nic not necessarily more WTA. So unless you are using super high nic, well I'm not so sure how much difference there is other than price in raising the nic level.

I should also note it is a) really subjective and b) doesn't work for everyone. It sure worked for ME, but really, I'd start with a small order at first and figure out how you want to try it (if you even do) to see what it gets you.

For me, it got rid of the "I want to chew through my own arm or someone else's" sensation that I encountered at around 3 p.m. every day, when I was only using nicotine. I still keep it around for stressful situations, and it won't fix every detox symptom you have, you will still be detoxing but for some folks it is super helpful.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread