Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksin291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome,
You may need a device with a little extra power as well as upping the nic content. The Blu's are good to get you started or in an emergency when waiting on vaping supplies, but if you were a heavy smoker, you will need something more powerful to kick the stinkies to the curb.

:)

This. I started on blu's as well but honestly they just didn't have enough... oomph? I still smoked analogs, albeit less than before, but knew that had to be something better. I found a local vape shop and he took care of me. I got a vamo v3 kit with a couple of his juices and haven't smoked an analog since.

sflorian

Sep 10, 2013
Western MA, USA
I quit smoking , uhhh, twice: once using a Blu, and the first time using an "I-don't-think-it-exists-anymore-and-I-never-knew-the-name." Both times I found the first 2-4 days were nearly unbearable. Just hit that little machine over and over. Hang in there! It gets so much easier. I'll also add that, for me, the BLU was too expensive. I didn't mind the quality that much at the time, but I was always pushing my cartos way further than I'd like to; they started out very satisfying, but the quality and satisfaction dropped quickly. It was almost as expensive as smoking. (In Massachusetts, the Marlboro 27's I used to smoke are just under $10 a pack.) If you're "ok" with the e-cig so far, take a look around at some other options. If you start buying your own liquid, the savings go waaaaay up, and you wouldn't have to pinch pennies and puffs. I found that the savings made entirely quitting tobacco much, much easier.

And I can't agree more: it's not how many you smoke, it's how many you don't smoke.

EDIT: After-thought: I know some kits might seem like a small fortune. Even one for $60 can seem like a lot of cash. I found a mid-range setup that is making me very happy. I've probably spent about $200 on gear and liquids getting settled, and its still less than I would have spent on cigarettes in the weeks I've been smoke free. Now I have enough supplies to be doing this without shelling out another cent for at least 6 more weeks.:):)

Last edited:

Quantum

Jul 11, 2012
Virginia
Dont be too hard on yourself, because you have already done the most important thing required in leaving the analogs behind...and that is it sounds like you really want to make a change. Knowing you need to change, and deciding you are going to change are two directly opposite things. If you have not made up your mind to succeed then an ecig, nic patch, gum, whatever...nothing will work.

As the other posters said, step up to a better device with a solid battery and perhaps try the 24mg for a short time. If you can vape and not smoke for just a few days you can make the change. I was sneaking a few analogs the first few days, then I went 2 weeks and only vaped. I tried an analog and it was unsatisfying and quite frankly nasty.

As you said, baby steps....very important baby steps.

Best of luck!

love reading the posts here- i am joining you in the change to vaping from analogs! i also have the blu ecig and am hoping to find a way to refill the carts somehow until i can decide on a better model to order and what all i need to order to go with it....lol- congrats - baby steps are going to lead to being analog free!

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I'm still in the early days of no analogs, made it through 2 days working on my third. I have however a few times lit up (out of habit), but never finished a full cigarette. In fact.. most of the time it was two puffs and put it out.. back to my PV. I am using a high nicotine 24mg when the cravings hit and in the morning.. 18mg the rest of the day. I'm sure there will be a time soon when I cut out the 24mg and move to working with 18mg and 12mg. But I think I'm not in a rush now. Just enjoying that there are actually flavors to taste and test! When I think about it like that.. makes cigarettes sound so boring with just the tobacco I was used to (although I still enjoy just the tobacco taste).

sflorian

Sep 10, 2013
Western MA, USA
I'm still in the early days of no analogs, made it through 2 days working on my third.

The worst is almost over! Keep it up! It's sooooooooooo worth it. People mention savings, health, and hygiene as the biggest benefits of quitting smoking. One thing that rarely gets mentioned that I really love and that keeps me in it is simply no longer identifying as a smoker. Self-respect aside, I see myself in a whole new light. It's a significant personality changer, and I never want to smoke again. Changing the daily routine of smoking also gives you some free-time back, if you're the type of person that usually stops what you're doing to have a smoke.

I'm sure there will be a time soon when I cut out the 24mg and move to working with 18mg and 12mg. But I think I'm not in a rush now.

Yeah, since you can use this thing pretty much all day long whenever you want to, its easy to over do it with the nicotine in high concentration. After you get comfy with your e-cig, you just might find that lowering the nicotine level is easier than you thought. But definitely don't rush with that. Get a good solid streak going first.

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Agree strongly with sugar N spice and others on here that the Blu is extremely weak! Sorry to stamp on it but Ive been through the same stage when i was quitting my 7.5 year tenure of heavy smoking. Trust me, ive settled for disposables, Blu, NJoy, and other small analog sized ecigs and ultimately found myself turning back to analogs, drugs, alcohol, etc. But i was told by someone while trying to quit that 'Rome wasnt built overnight.' On the other hand, I thought e cigs will NEVER replace analogs. My husband had the same problem (without the drugs and alcohol) but he was brave enough to try the Joye eGo T system that knocked me out of my socks! Vaping for 2.5 years now, we've progressed together further and further away from analogs.

Tip: Definitely get a larger battery and better atty, carto, clearo or whatever your vape style is. Your cravings for an analog with be more satisfied. I havent touched an analog ever since i switched to my first Joye eGo T. I recommend the ego T passthrough battery with the Vivi Nova tank for beginners. Yes, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Whatever you do, dont look back and congrats on the switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread