The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

De-bridging 306 and 510 atomizers - A video tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Terraphon, Jun 21, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Terraphon

Terraphon Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I put this in the general forum, as well, because it doesn't seem like this one gets a lot of use and I have been asked who to do this by lots of people.

306 first, then 510!

Be warned : I am not responsible for any damage you may do to your atomizers or devices or any bodily injury you may sustain if you do this. This is not the INTENDED treatment or use of electronic cigarette atomizers and if you ruin your atomizers, blow up your house or kill your cat while doing this, It's on you.

2. pinoypayter
    This message by pinoypayter has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jun 22, 2011, Reason: spammer.
    Jun 22, 2011
  3. Terraphon

Jan 12, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    hehe...yeah...I double posted because I'm a dumbdumb

4. kingfatty

kingfatty Full Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Long Island NY
    what is the reason for doing this rob? is it just for dripping?

5. kingfatty

kingfatty Full Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Long Island NY
  6. zereoue20

zereoue20 Full Member

Aug 21, 2010
    West Virginia
    was gonna ask the same thing, king. Just quicker wicking for drips, no soaking in?

7. Terraphon

Jan 12, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    well

Sometimes the 306 will start to get a burnt taste to it (the 510 will do this, too) and that's usually because the wick at the top is burning up, I believe. De-bridging the atomizer removes that burning taste and seems to increase the vapor output and throat hit.

At least that's my experience ;)

8. zereoue20

zereoue20 Full Member

Aug 21, 2010
    West Virginia
    Gotcha. Well definitely an easy fix to that problem :)

9. Tendril

Tendril Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    USA - Illinois
    Thanks, Terraphon!

I've been considering this for a while with my 510s because I noticed they vape better if I drip the juice down the sides of the atomizer instead of through the drip tip. I just tried this on one of my 510s and it seems to be working great. The cup *did* pull about a third way up the tube but went back down with a light touch

10. Terraphon

Jan 12, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. They often pull up like that but will go back to their normal position with just a very light push.

I find that, for dripping, this is the way to go. It seems to take less juice to get a good response because it doesn't have to soak through the mesh on the bridge.

Also, with hotter burning 306 atomizers, this is a MUST because they'll give that nasty burning taste the first time you light them up.

11. rainkeltoia

rainkeltoia Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2011
    Maine
    thanks, I actually didn't realize my old volcano that I had was a 306, I didn't know what a 306 looked like! (yeah I didn't dig too far admittedly either) but this is awesome! thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.