Dead Rabbit/Drop/Drop Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I have none of the three. Which one? Go!
That's like asking should I get a honda, a jeep or a ferrari. You really need to provide more info about you and what you like. IN MY OPINION the Dead Rabbit is garbage. It's easy to build and that's the only good thing about it. The way the airflow is designed kills it. If you build it perfectly it can be ok at best. The Drop is very nice. It's extremely easy to build, it can be used with dual coils or single coil and the airflow is very adjustable. The flavor from the Drop is very good. I don't have any experience with the Drop Dead. It is an RDA with a Drop build deck and basically the airflow of the Dead Rabbit. I like a wide open airflow, lots of flavor and big clouds. Of those 3 the Drop is my obvious choice. I have other RDAs in the same price range that I like much better than the three choices you offered. AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I can only have one double coil.
That's like asking should I get a honda, a jeep or a ferrari. You really need to provide more info about you and what you like. IN MY OPINION the Dead Rabbit is garbage. It's easy to build and that's the only good thing about it. The way the airflow is designed kills it. If you build it perfectly it can be ok at best. The Drop is very nice. It's extremely easy to build, it can be used with dual coils or single coil and the airflow is very adjustable. The flavor from the Drop is very good. I don't have any experience with the Drop Dead. It is an RDA with a Drop build deck and basically the airflow of the Dead Rabbit. I like a wide open airflow, lots of flavor and big clouds. Of those 3 the Drop is my obvious choice. I have other RDAs in the same price range that I like much better than the three choices you offered. AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION.
I don't generally like RDAs. I have them and vape on them ocasionally because I want flavor and a harder hit. I've been slowly evolving to dual coils because I want bigger clouds but not necesarily more airflow. Of my three single coils I'm keeping, the Wasp Nano, Entheon and Recurve the three have rather little airflow. But have been avoiding dual coils in general because I don't like too much a hot vape. So I'm trying to see if this time around I've evolved to a hotter vape. The Drop comes highly recommended as an easy build. Thing is, those three are available in Argentina so I don't have to wait months until they arrive. And, before you ask, I have a Goon 1.5 (too much airflow) and the venerable Velocity V1 I could get a squonking pin for. That has the airflow I like.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I have two dead Rabbits. One I use on my aurora squonk box. I use it because it has high airflow so it's harder to over squonk. I originally got them because well oh heck. I got it because I liked the name.
I loved my dead rabbit, until it started leaking all over the place for no reason. I am now using the drop solo, it has turned into my daily atty. I also have a wasp nano to wick up.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I can only have one double coil.

I don't generally like RDAs. I have them and vape on them ocasionally because I want flavor and a harder hit. I've been slowly evolving to dual coils because I want bigger clouds but not necesarily more airflow. Of my three single coils I'm keeping, the Wasp Nano, Entheon and Recurve the three have rather little airflow. But have been avoiding dual coils in general because I don't like too much a hot vape. So I'm trying to see if this time around I've evolved to a hotter vape. The Drop comes highly recommended as an easy build. Thing is, those three are available in Argentina so I don't have to wait months until they arrive. And, before you ask, I have a Goon 1.5 (too much airflow) and the venerable Velocity V1 I could get a squonking pin for. That has the airflow I like.
I would say the Drop. It has the most adjustable airflow of the 3. Even wide open the Drop has a slightly restricted airflow. I think you'll like it.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I'm a massive fan of the DeadRabbit, but yes, it has a quite restricted airflow compared to the Drop. And you have to raise the coils quite a bit, so the air hits the coils from the side. Thinning out the wicks a bit helps a lot too, because it depends on capillary action.
If build correctly, the flavor is very nice though. Even at lower wattages.
A 4mm singlecoil works very good as well.
Being overdrip/-squonk friendly is a big plus in my book as well.

I'm not too keen on the Drop. It's barely ok flavorwise imo, unless you run some massive wattage through it.

As the DropDead is more an evolution of the Rabbit than the Drop, I'd probably pick that one, but mine is still being shipped, so take that recommendation with a grain of salt.;)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I have to agree with mimöschen. I had a drop, and tried every recommended way to build it. It was always lacking in the flavor department for me. It produced large thick clouds, but flavor suffered. I think it was because of how the airflow was pretty much always supplying indirect airflow to the coils, especially if you tried to close it down since it cuts off the top row first, which is the only row that was actually aimed at the coil.

I never cared to try the dead rabbit, it may be better or worse, I'll never know.

The only dual coil RDA I still enjoy from time to time, is the Bonza. Building it is a bit trickier than the drop, but I was able to get the same amount of clouds as the drop, but with a very noticeable increase in flavor.

Picking out an RDA is a really subjective, personal thing. Every time I followed what others recommended and said was awesome, ended up being something I didn't like. So figuring out what you want out of it, and what features your comfortable with, is the only real way to tell what will be something you enjoy.

citral

Sep 9, 2017
Dead rabbit was a no-no for me. Threw it away, which is something I don't usually do. Dead rabbit SQ is an ok squonk mod with decent, albeit muted flavor. 0 top notes. But, you can squeeze as hard as you want without worrying which is convenient.

Drop is a fine rda with a single alien for me. I still don't really get around to understand why it's not made to build verticals as it would be a lot better given the airflow. Waiting for drop solo to arrive as I'm not a big fan of duals anyway.

There's a lot of hype around both but it will fade as everything else.

If you want to try something great and a bit under the radar, the tauren has a great airflow, it's much better than the recurve (spitback free).

Personally I'm waiting for 1 kind of bf rda : something like the death trap 24mm but affordable (blitz ghoul is close but design is a bit meh)

jolly_st_nic

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Madison, WI
I'm still kind of new to dripping, but I've been vaping on the Dead Rabbit and no complaints about flavor. The only complaint I do have is that it's taking me a lot of jimmying to get the topcap back on so it's flush. It's a very tight-fitting cap and does always go on straight, unlike my Lantaka clone, which goes on and comes off easily. Not a dealbreaker, though, and maybe it will get looser with some more use. Is this a common problem with brand new RDAs?

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I'm still kind of new to dripping, but I've been vaping on the Dead Rabbit and no complaints about flavor. The only complaint I do have is that it's taking me a lot of jimmying to get the topcap back on so it's flush. It's a very tight-fitting cap and does always go on straight, unlike my Lantaka clone, which goes on and comes off easily. Not a dealbreaker, though, and maybe it will get looser with some more use. Is this a common problem with brand new RDAs?
Try rubbing some juice on the o-ring area, that should help it slide on and off easier. I have also found some new rda's take a bit to break in as far as cap removal is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread